Yeah, that other stuff sucks bad too!

Now, the real question is... will the people making the decision have the balls to shoot down a North Korea missile?

There will be a lot of "ifs" involved, I'm sure and they have very, very little time to make that decision. Personally, I know we can do it, but I have my doubts as to whether we WILL do it.

If it looks like its going to land on a population center, that's a "clear and present danger" and we will do it.

If it looks like it will "fall harmlessly to the sea" (uninformed poor fishermen notwithstanding...) we likely won't mess with it.

If it goes over US territory, it's going to be toast, but the DPRK has CAREFULLY worked out a southern launch track it looks like to me from everything I've been able to glean in the last few days. Rumor has it I'm right. So it won't go over us. Philippines yes. US no.

IF on the other hand we're all WRONG about the launch direction - the missile might fly over Japan and the Japanese are having no part of that, and they will try to shoot it down (and will with our assistance, I'm certain).

Personally, I think this is going to be another non-starter. The missile will go up, it will fly "off course" and will get blown up by the guy in their mission control with his finger over the DESTRUCT button, or it will simply fail and fall down, blow up or won't even launch.

Anyone else have predictions?