Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Election

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: 2012 Election

The guy is more a neither party centrist, but will side with a ticket to eliminate the current administration.

Thanks

Ah... Well... If I were a Democrat I'd become a Republican just to get rid of Obama. Well, I know a LOT of Dems who won't be voting for him. I talked to a couple this morning in fact. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I saw that post by WHY and was like, what gives. All that summary sound bites that spin so far left. Then I saw it pieced apart and thought, good job. None of these issues are summary for one sentence zingers and that is why Romney does well. He has been reducing the matters to the shortest possible length without losing context. Good on him. Most people are frustrated with the government as it is and I see this as partly due to the lack of facts. When a citizen sees an event unfold and knows the timeline of events and is later told it was not as it was, it becomes a question of fact manipulation. People see this. Those all in for the left take the changed story on faith and that is where they fail.

Thanks

I think one of our biggest issues isn't even the deficit, Phil. I think it is that the Left loves to reduce everything to a one-line zinger.

The lack of communication isn't really a lack of communication, it's a lack of WANTING to communicate.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I agree, I mean a good structure that eliminates waste can go a long way to reduce the debt and a good way to start is balance the budget, which has not happened in a long time.

The reason the left went to trite zingers is because that is an effective way to message people but too much of it gets old and leaves many wanting more.

Thanks

I personally think they went to zingers because they aren't smart enough to actually explain what they really mean. And it's simpler to just insult the other side than to tell the truth about your own agenda.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Well, think memes. They are an effective way to get an idea out. The drawback is memes are overused now and all over, but the method applies to such short bursts. That and Twitter. Character limits. We both have valid points on the same issue though. Insults are a last resort for a leftie as well. Can't get the facts, get a dig in to make the point.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    "not optimal".....

cling to your guns and Bibles boys. You're gonna need em.

Obama on Daily Show: Benghazi 'Not Optimal'

Associated Press

Oct 18, 2012

President Obama sat down with Jon Stewart for an interview that will air on The Daily Show tonight. According to White House pool reports, they talked for a little less than 15 minutes, and while some questions were light-hearted, others weren't. Stewart asked Obama about the attacks on the American consulate in Benghazi:

Stewart: "Is part of the investigation helping the communication between these divisions? Not just what happened in Benghazi, but what happened within. Because I would say, even you would admit, it was not the optimal response, at least to the American people, as far as all of us being on the same page."

Obama
    : "Here's what I'll say. If four Americans get killed, it’s not optimal. We're going to fix it. All of it. And what happens, during the course of a presidency, is that the government is a big operation and any given time something screws up. And you make sure that you find out what's broken and you fix it. Whatever else I have done throughout the course of my presidency the one thing that I've been absolutely clear about is that America’s security comes, and the American people need to know exactly how I make decisions when it comes to war, peace, security, and protecting Americans. And they will continue to get that over the next four years of my presidency."
    Obama explained why the information the White House released after the attacks was so confusing for so long:

Obama
    : "We weren't confused about the fact that four Americans had been killed. I wasn't confused about the fact that we needed to ramp up diplomatic security around the world right after it happened. I wasn't confused about the fact that we had to investigate exactly what happened so it gets fixed. And I wasn't confused about the fact that we’re going to hunt down whoever did it...
    The pool report says Stewart teased Obama about his different debate performances with two photos:

One showed Michelle Obama looking at him very angrily onstage afterward, and the other showed her smiling broadly at him afterward. "Do you know which debate was which?" Stewart asked. "Cute. Cute Jon," Potus said with a smile.
    Stewart also seemed to challenge Obama's campaign strategy:

Stewart asked if had made a stronger affirmative case for a second term or more negative one against Romney. Potus listed his accomplishments such as ending the Iraq war, health care, the auto bailout and said he had a "strong story to tell" but he added that part of his job was "also preventing things that won’t work." He listed restricting rights for gays and lesbians, not passing a budget to make college more affordable and rolling back health care and turning medicade into a voucher system.

On taxes:

And [Obama] also said that if you look at 2013, the question on deficit reduction will be “settled,” the only question was how to do it and whether Republicans would refuse to ask “millionaires and billionaires to pay another dime in extra taxes.”

Stewart interjected: “Wait, this is the first time I’m hearing about this about millionaires. What are you doing to us?”

The audience laughed as Potus tried to calm his mock concern. “No,” Stewart continued, “I’m going to throw to a commercial and you and I are going to have a conversation.”

He threw to a commercial. The second segment started with a light question: How many times a week does Biden come into a meeting in wet bathing suit. POTUS answered that he had to put out a presidential directive on that.
    And on civil liberties:

Stewart asked about the Bush wiretapping program. POTUS said it has been modified, with a "legal structure and safeguards in place that weren't there before."

"They aren't sexy issues," POTUS said.

"You don’t know what I find sexy," Stewart quipped.

POTUS alluded to the opening segment in which Stewart referenced the book "50 Shades of Gray."

"I know what you’ve been reading," he joked. But declined to press further because, after all, he is still president.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Illegal Aliens Declare War on U.S.A. and its citizens - 2

Published on Oct 17, 2012 by AmericansNotWanted
    Follow here:
    http://AmericansNotWanted.com

Youtube..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvcN_...layer_embedded

You Are White, You Don't Belong in America - Brown Berets at All-Star Game

Published on Oct 2, 2012 by AmericansNotWanted

Follow us:
    http://AmericansNotWanted.com

http://www.StandWithArizona... Racist "Brown Berets" invade a peaceful, pro-Arizona crowd rallying in front of the All-Star Game in Anaheim, July 13, 2010. Modeled after the Black Panthers, the Brown Berets (nicknamed the "Tan Klan" because of their virulently racist views) want a "racially pure Aztlan" with all White Europeans and Jews forcibly removed. They are pro-Islamic terrorism and have called Osama Bin Laden the "Muslim Pancho Villa". Imagine if a handful of white Tea party folks walked into a pro-illegal rally and said similar things - it would make every national news broadcast for days on end. But of course, unlike the NAACP slander claims - the Tea Party does not stand for racism. But watch as the "Tan Klan" gets a pass for their hate by the media once again.

Filmed by Sam Ziselman
    http://www.DerailAmnesty.com

Youtube.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kZ-uCxmExEc

Thanks

those who ain't read Matt Brackens books ought to start! LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

God what a bunch of assholes.

Yes, they ARE the Latino version of KKK.

Fuck them
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Once again, it's perfectly fine for anyone not genetically white to be a racist. Fact is, I know zero white people who actually harbor racist views. That is even though I live in Virgina and its history.

Thanks

Companion Post:

Obama Administration calls on the United Nations (OSEC) to coordinate with the NAACP and ACLU to patrol at the polls?

U.N. Election Monitors Will Be At Polling Stations In U.S. To Look For Voter Suppression By Conservative Groups…

The pathetic joke known as the U.N. rolls on unabated.

Via The Hill:

United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups, a concern raised by civil rights groups during a meeting this week. The intervention has drawn criticism from a prominent conservative-leaning group combating election fraud.

The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), a United Nations partner on democratization and human rights projects, will deploy 44 observers around the county on Election Day to monitor an array of activities, including potential disputes at polling places.

Liberal-leaning civil rights groups met with representatives from the OSCE this week to raise their fears about what they say are systematic efforts to suppress minority voters likely to vote for President Obama.

The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, the NAACP and the ACLU, among other groups, warned this month in a letter to Daan Everts, a senior official with OSCE, of “a coordinated political effort to disenfranchise millions of Americans — particularly traditionally disenfranchised groups like minorities.”

U.N. Partner to Monitor U.S. Elections for Voter Suppression by…Conservatives?

The Hill is reporting that The Organization for Security and Cooperation (OSCE), a United Nations partner on democracy and human rights projects, will be deploying several dozen observers across the United States amid concerns of voter suppression. Alerted by left-leaning civil rights groups, they are apparently on the lookout for “systematic” efforts to prevent minorities from voting for President Obama.

The Hill continues:
    The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, the NAACP and the ACLU, among other groups, warned this month in a letter to Daan Everts, a senior official with OSCE, of “a coordinated political effort to disenfranchise millions of Americans — particularly traditionally disenfranchised groups like minorities.”

The request for foreign monitoring of election sites drew a strong rebuke from Catherine Engelbrecht, founder and president of True the Vote, a conservative-leaning group seeking to crack down on election fraud.

“These activist groups sought assistance not from American sources, but from the United Nations,” she said in a statement to The Hill. “The United Nations has no jurisdiction over American elections.”

The observers, from countries such as Germany, France, Serbia, Belarus, Ukraine and Kazakhstan, will observe voting at polling places and other political activity. [Emphasis added]

State law varies on the issue, but OSCE officials say they have secured the necessary invitations and will respect state law where they are not welcome.

The move comes amid a heated debate over voter ID laws, which Republicans say minimizes voter fraud, and Democrats say discriminates against minorities. In 2008, the New Black Panthers were accused of voter intimidation, but the Justice Department failed to take action.

Many on the right want voter ID laws precisely ​to​ ensure fair elections, and are offended by the implication that they would be the ones to manipulate the outcome. Moreover, the small government advocates aren’t exactly thrilled that a United Nations partner organization will be stepping in.

Though, really, what inspires more confidence in fair elections than representatives from Kazakhstan?

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    Meanwhile...

Companion Threads:

NAACP to call on UN to investigate voter disfranchisement in US

Delegation to travel to Geneva to tell human rights council that attempt is being made to restrict black and Latino right to vote

The head of the NAACP, Benjamin Jealous, said the UN had a powerful weapon in its armoury: shame. Photograph: Justin Lane/EPA

The leaders of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, the NAACP, will travel to Geneva next week to tell the UN human rights council that a co-ordinated legislative attempt is being made by states across America to disfranchise millions of black and Latino voters in November's presidential election.

The delegation, headed by the NAACP's president, Benjamin Jealous, will address the council on Wednesday and call on the UN body to launch a formal investigation into the spread of restrictive electoral laws, particularly in southern states. The NAACP intends to invite a UN team to travel across America to see for itself the impact of the new laws, which it argues are consciously designed to suppress minority voting.

The UN has no power to intervene in the workings of individual American states. But Jealous told the Guardian that the UN had a powerful weapon in its armoury: shame.

"Shame alone is effective. The US, and individual states within the US that have introduced these laws, have a vested interest in maintaining the opinion that we are the world's leading democracy. That means something," Jealous said.

In the NAACP's view, the voting rights of black and other minority groups are under more threat from laws restricting their participation at the ballot box than at any time since the segregationist days of Jim Crow.

A recent report by the Brennan Center for Justice estimated that since last year more than 5 million eligible voters had had their right to vote stripped from them.

There are already 19 new laws on the books in 14 different states, which between them account for 63% of the 270 electoral votes needed to win the US presidential race in November. Some laws involve a requirement to show photo identification in polling stations – disproportionately hitting black and elderly people, who often do not have such ID.

Other laws have cut back on early voting schemes, heavily used by ethnic minority and older people, and still others disfranchise former convicted prisoners, even in some cases years after their sentences were completed.

The NAACP delegation to Geneva comes in the wake of a march that is under way from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama, to mark the 47th anniversary of the famous civil rights march. The marchers, sponsored in part by the Service Employees International Union, have followed Highway 80 – as did the campaigners in 1965 – and arrived in Montgomery on Thursday night and will stage a rally at the state capitol on Friday. The purpose is partly commemorative, to recall the events of 7 March 1965, when about 600 civil rights campaigners were attacked by police on so-called "Bloody Sunday" as they tried to cross the Edmund Pettus Bridge.

But this year the commemoration has acquired a distinct contemporary poignancy as a result of the plethora of voter ID laws that have been introduced over the past year, as well as the anti-immigration laws that have spread across several states, including Alabama's own HB56.
    The immigration laws require local police forces to arrest anyone they suspect of being unlawful immigrants in an attempt to force undocumented Hispanics to quit the country. Alabama's HB56 is considered the most swingeing.

The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals issued an order today temporarily halting two sections of the bill. But if fully implemented they would make companies that employ undocumented workers liable to punishment, cut off undocumented families from public utilities such as water supplies, and oblige teachers to investigate the status of their pupils.

The encroachment of two such controversial sets of laws across a growing number of states has brought African American and Latino activists together on the Selma-Montgomery march. The union was symbolised in posters carried by the marchers proclaiming: "I have a dream – say no to HB56."

Theodore Branch, 74, one of the original Selma marchers in 1965, was marching again. He said the rise of the new voter ID laws "just carry me back to 1964. They are trying to take the rights away from us again – hell, they don't want blacks or Asians voting."

Kemba Smith will be among the NAACP delegation to Geneva next week. Smith will not be allowed to vote in November's presidential election under a Virginia law that disfranchises anyone convicted of a felony.

Smith was released and granted clemency by President Clinton in 2001 on her 24-year sentence. Clinton was struck by the fact that Smith was convicted for the drug trafficking of her then crack-addicted boyfriend, even though prosecutors acknowledged that she herself had never sold, handled or used any drugs.

The law under which she is still disfranchised today was passed by a Virginia state convention in 1901. One of the attendants told the convention at the time that it would "eliminate the darkie as a political factor in this state in less than five years, so that in no single county … will there be the least concern felt for the complete supremacy of the white race in the affairs of government."
    Example of a voting monitor:

Liu Gejun (R), a Chinese military observer of UN mission to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), supervises at a polling station

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Hypothetically, I wonder what would happen if someone like maybe the Black Panthers, for example, beat them down.

After all, Mr. Holder's Justice Department did decline to prosecute them and let them continue to roam free. They could maybe see that as trespassing on their turf.

Just saying...

Thanks

theoretically I might fucking start something if they show up at my election place. I have my doubts I'd see them here, but I promise, if they are there I WILL call out the dogs on them.

I'll probably make it to the news, lose my job, get arrested, but it'll be fucking worth it to bring attention to these fuckers and get them OFF MY LAND
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Hypothetically, I wonder what would happen if someone like maybe the Black Panthers, for example, beat them down.

After all, Mr. Holder's Justice Department did decline to prosecute them and let them continue to roam free. They could maybe see that as trespassing on their turf.

Just saying...
    The delegation, headed by the NAACP's president, Benjamin Jealous, will address the council on Wednesday and call on the UN body to launch a formal investigation into the spread of restrictive electoral laws, particularly in southern states. The NAACP intends to invite a UN team to travel across America to see for itself the impact of the new laws, which it argues are consciously designed to suppress minority voting.
    The Obama Administration is sending United Nations Observers into the states with new Voter ID laws.

The UN Observers would not be looking for the Black Panthers as the NAACP invited them along with the ACLU, you know, the ones who help wrote the new threat assessment of right wing extremism.

Together they will make sure every Democrat vote counts at the precincts in those critical swing states that matter most.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

These motherfuckers can kiss my white, Irish-Country boy's Right Wing ASS.

The problem is they are grouping me in with people like the KKK. But the fact is I'm neither racist, NOR CARE what someone's color IS - until THEY start making it an issue. It is ONLY THEN that racism comes out - and that's on the PART OF THOSE PRESSING THE ISSUE!

So fuck them.
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    The UN Observers would not be looking for the Black Panthers as the NAACP invited them along with the ACLU, you know, the ones who help wrote the new threat assessment of right wing extremism.
    Oh I'm sure but that might not stop someone who could be dressed as a Black Panther from acting against them. After all, with enough covering, it could be difficult to determine the race of a perpetrator and the Black Panthers do have a history of violence.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    The problem is they are grouping me in with people like the KKK. But the fact is I'm neither racist, NOR CARE what someone's color IS - until THEY start making it an issue. It is ONLY THEN that racism comes out - and that's on the PART OF THOSE PRESSING THE ISSUE!

It's all part of the plan...

Obama Rouses NAACP Before Vote Condemning 'Racist' Elements of Tea Party

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Oh I'm sure but that might not stop someone who could be dressed as a Black Panther from acting against them. After all, with enough covering, it could be difficult to determine the race of a perpetrator and the Black Panthers do have a history of violence.

Obama Re-Election Team: Shock and Awe Attack on Tea Party

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information