Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Battle Los Angeles

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Battle Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    The movie was very, very LOUD. The battle scenes might have well been in the theater and when the shooting started I personally nearly hit the deck. They manage to capture the fire fight sounds very well, enough so I was staggered when the shooting did start.
    Awesome! I can't wait to put it on my surround sound! If it's one thing I love on there it is a well done shoot out scene like Heat, Miami Vice, or Blackhawk Down.

Thanks

saw this yesterday, was really good! i give it 8/10, would have been 9 but i get a little motion sick with the shaky camera business.

Thanks

That was the biggest problem I had, the shaky camera thing.

Then again, I remember running more than once, weapon in hand, sweating, my glasses bobbling all around my head, and at least once my goggles getting fouled from sweat and steam and dirt and dust and me seeing pretty much the same way the camera was seeing in the movie.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

yep, it added to the tension and stuff but i had to shut my eyes a couple of times on the close up running parts. I think they could have pulled off the same thing without the bobblecam, because they didnt use the bobblecam for a lot of it and it worked out just fine =)

Thanks

Movies like that you have to take Bonine or dramamine. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Well I'm glad you guys liked it, personally I feel like I wasted some really good blond, um, nevermind. I've got high hopes for Sucker Punch this week though. Zach Snyder, CGI, Carla Gugino, an original story, a bunch of hotties and some more of that sweet blond you know what. Man I love the movies!

Oh, and one great thing about Zach Snyder movies, NO FREAKIN SHAKY CAM, EVER. Goddamn you Paul Greengrass.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    Last night as we finished watching a movie, we noticed that "Battle of Los Angelos" was on SyFi .
    I was just watching this on accident as I downloaded it on a torrent site without reading the name closely enough.

I only got a few minutes in before I was saying to myself, "wow, they went really cheap on the CG." then they actually got worse and I figured out what happened.

Thanks

I finally got a chance to see Skyline and I gotta say that I really liked it. I mean it is what it is but I was entertained. The special effects were really good and there were some really good scenes. The drone attack was probably my favorite. I got a kick out of the alien they ran into in the parking ramp. It was like a walking vagina with tentacles, pretty funny I thought. I think I almost liked it more than Battle Los Angeles.

Thread Information