Thread: Check your Firefox Browser

Thanks

Default Check your Firefox Browser

Firefox recently had an addon installed, without your knowledge. It is an Microsoft specific, .NET addon that you can't remove through the normal "remove" command.

It takes a registry edit, or special gyrations (that I had to do) to remove it.

Here's a DSLReports thread about the subject.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r218...tant-extension

Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Check your Firefox Browser

Although I don't think it's malicious "Java Quick Starter" is also installed without asking you when you install the latest Java runtime.

Thanks

just an aside, from a phenomenological viewpoint... norton offers 2009 internet security to 2008 users. I recommend to stay and fight rather than switch. I ended up fighting with the mouse when i gave them chat-folk remote control. The auto and prompted updates produced errors. Nasty virus. Ended up 6-8 hours of remove-install patch-restart ad nauseum. Finally removed, reinstalled old with same updates and interface. pretty cool fighting for the mouse with the virus hacker though. he asked me what was wrong with my explorer and i told him it worked fine until he started f...ing with my mouse.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Peterle, I have been using FF4 from the beta package. It worked well for me, but no9t so well for some others. When the FF4 was in release, I got that and have been using it. Some extensions woudl not work, but the ones I really wanted did and do and quite well actually.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Been using 4 since official release on 1 computer (my laptop/main computer).

No real problems so far. I had a couple extensions (Block Site and one other, I forget which) that weren't updated and were causing some small issues (Gmail notifier wouldn't log in and certain context menus wouldn't come up) but other than that, pretty uneventful.

I'll probably deploy it to all my computers here soon.

Even decided to change it up and went from the Glaze Black theme to the Heritage Flight Museum persona!

Thread Information