Thread: Star Trek: 2009

Thanks

Default Star Trek: 2009

http://www.startrekmovie.com/

Watch the trailer.

Kirk was a little shit before he grew up to be a big shit.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Star Trek: 2009

He may be a shit, but he's the baddest shit in the known Universe. Seriously, how many times has he saved the Federation from complete and absolute annihilation ?!?!?!?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    He may be a shit, but he's the baddest shit in the known Universe. Seriously, how many times has he saved the Federation from complete and absolute annihilation ?!?!?!?
    Hahaha that's easy.

All of 'em...
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Trailer won't work here at this location but is it the one where he jumps out and the car plummets?

Ridiculous. Sliding along the dirt scrabbling for hand holds? Bullshit, he'd be right on over the cliff with the car. You just can't jump out of a car going high speed and magically slide to a stop in 10 feet by grasping at dirt. I hope the rest of the movie isn't as ludicrous.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

LOL.

It's an ADVENTURE MOVIE, MAL! lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    LOL.

It's an ADVENTURE MOVIE, MAL! lol
    See, that's the thing. I can suspend belief if it's within the realm of "possible". Would Star Trek be believable if they had a magic box the shape and size of a cucumber that allowed them to travel in space at superluminal speeds? "Captain, I've cut the last slice off this nummy cuke, she ain't got no more and we're runnin low on spinach dip. I'm given ya all she's got!"

No, Roddenberry dipped into the science fiction pool and used Warp drives.

When they're back on the planet Earth, I expect them to obey the laws of physics as known in the universe of Trek and that apply to Earth. This includes INERTIA. Jumping out of a speeding vehicle at the edge of the cliff means Kirk is paste at the bottom of a canyon. If he has a wrist gravity repulsor on, i'm ok with it. If it's just to show "How crazy he is", it's bullshit.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

As a longtime Trekkie, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it will be better than the last couple of movies.

Picky, picky Mal. Don't you know we are talking about THE CAPTAIN JAMES TIBERIUS KIRK:

Thanks

I'm looking forward to it as well. I just HATE stuff like that.

It's like the movie "Ultra Violet". The Epitome of unbelievable. Here's the review I posted to IMDB a few years ago. This is what I mean when it must adhere to the rules or it's ridiculous BS.

-------
    Ultra-Unwatchable.

Lots of spoilers.....

Woman carries case into secure facility, apparently morphing and fooling all the sensors to detect such a creature...gets in...uses guns in case to shoot all the guys who have their gun sites on her. OK. Fine. It's a movie.

Then as she escapes, gets 6 guns right at her head. Oh, wait, she manifested a blade and chopped them all up, but they are frozen in the pose. OK, well, getting silly.

More folks start shooting at her, she manifests a gun and shoots back. OK, at this point, why isn't she manifesting a time machine and killing these "cops's" parents. Why carry a case into the facility if she can just manifest them from the thin air?

OK, here come the Helicopters with gatlin guns that apparently don't know how to lead someone on a motorcycle. Oh, but wait, she's on the SIDE of the building, she's got some kind of GRAV alteration machine. Forget that a horizontal bike offers a bigger target, the director apparently forgot that if you can manipulate gravity, who gives a damn about a building. Why isn't she's doing a Buck Rogers and flying off to the moon. Oh wait, here comes the end of the building, oh no! She's gonna fly off! No, she'll just drive on a flat surface then launch upward, into the gatlin gun fire, fly through the helicopter and kill the shooters.

OK. I get it. She's invincible, or at least as the plot requires. I mean, why bother with any of the "science" explanations "She must have a grav machine" or "they must use some N-space tech" or some other nonsense mumbo-jumbo.

Then she's got a boy to protect or something or other. She's all worried that they won't make it or some such. The acting was so stupid, who knew. At any rate, why does someone who can make any weapon on demand, dodge 1000 rounds a minute and alter gravity worried about "them". Ugh.

Dumbest movie ever. DO NOT watch this dreck.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Mal, lol, I concur, that movie sucked! I am super psyched about the new Star Trek movie. They lined up some great cast members and I cant wait to see their interpretations. The most exciting thing and the reason I think this movie will be better than certain ones in the past, is the people at the helm. Best I can tell, no more Brannon Braga and that other goof whos name escapes me. Those two clowns have all but ruined the franchise. JJ Abrams is one of the most exciting people in Hollywood right now and will hopefully bring the franchise back to life.

Thread Information