Thread: Sailnet.com web site...

Thanks

Default Sailnet.com web site...

Well... while the site is a good resource for some information, there's an awful lot of severely biased people located there.

This is the message *I* got today. LOL

1 Hour Ago
    Cruisingdad
    Super Moderator

Communication

Rick,

You are obviously very passionate about that firearms thread. That is fine. But you are repeatedly in the middle of a verbal fist fight every time I go in there. The firearm thread is not the only example. I have had repeated compaints about your methods (for some time now).

Maybe that bothers you, maybe it does not. I am not here to tell you how to write. I am not here to change what you believe. I am here to ask you to review your posts for how they might be interpreted before pressing submit.

Thank you,

- CD

Catalina 400 Technical Editor
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Sailnet.com web site...

Here's my response....

Well... looks like they don't like that thread. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruisingdad
    Rick,

You are obviously very passionate about that firearms thread. That is fine. But you are repeatedly in the middle of a verbal fist fight every time I go in there. The firearm thread is not the only example. I have had repeated compaints about your methods (for some time now).

Maybe that bothers you, maybe it does not. I am not here to tell you how to write. I am not here to change what you believe. I am here to ask you to review your posts for how they might be interpreted before pressing submit.

Thank you,

- CD
    "Verbal fist fights"....

I'll just say that if folks want to complain, let them. They don't HAVE to get in the threads about guns. You've all said that yourselves. Why don't you reiterate it to them.

As far as my reviewing my writing, I do, several times prior to posting. I've been doing this "moderation" thing that you're doing a lot longer than probably all of you together and if you're going to start picking and choosing the "right sort of people" you want on your site - you're starting off on the wrong foot.

I'm not going to go "go away" quietly because people don't happen to like my beliefs and they complain. You all know (as do I) that this is what the complaints are truly about (that they want me to 'go away').

Last night one guy jumped in and started trolling. I didn't raise my voice, but he sure got Travler's goat and I noted you banned traveler. Your call, not mine.

But, you guys MOVED the Priacy and guns thread OUT of "Gear" and into "Off Topic". That's fine, you tried to "hide it".

Now you're "warning" ME about it?

I'll simply quote YOUR own rules:

This is the Off Topic Forum

From me personally, this forum will get more Leeway than others. It is a place for sailors to talk about things that are typically not just (or at all) sailing related. Many of these discussions become heated. There may be pictures here that you feel are inappropriate and topics that you do not like.

If you do not like it, steer clear of it. It will be monitored by myself and the other moderators, but not nearly as strongly. I prefer a little more free discussion here and a little more guarded discussions elsewhere.

For those that are thin skinned or easily offended, you should steer clear of the Off Topic Forum. This is especially true of Fight Club and Ass full of Crap. We also ask that you refrain from giving positive or negative rep's based upon any content in the Off Topic section. This system is meant as a way to judge the advice given on sailing related topics.

You have been warned.
    The last line says something about still being moderated and "retain some level of civility".

I have done so. Perhaps you gentlemen ought to ask others to do the same instead of taking their "complaints" out of hand. Tell them to "steer clear" if they can't deal with the material.

You guys all have a very nice Christmas.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Here's the link to the thread they don't like....

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/off-to...rd-piracy.html
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

With that, I invited about a dozen of the players in the thread here.

If they show up, they show up. If not, then tough shit.

I'm starting a thread about piracy and guns.... and I'd like to know whatever one thinks about it.

See you in the thread.
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

What a bunch of whiny pussies... Just post this picture in response:

Thanks

No, I invited both sides of the argument here.

I think that the Mod is being a bit overbearing on it. They moved the thread first to the "Off Topic Area" after some of the complainers bitched about it.

They tried to 'lightly suggest' "This thread needs to die" several times and then the Mod moved it.

Yesterday someone got in there and trolled a bit - and then the Mod LOCKED the thread this morning because the troller pissed off one poster who went OFF on him. Turns out the troller remarked some things about rape and guns and the one that went off had a daughter that had shot at a guy who raped her. I don't know the whole story, but... ouch.

Anyway, he got banned for his comments to the other guy. The other guy was "Older than 30" he claimed.

The site has a lot of foreign influence - a significant number of people there are from other countries and generally don't LIKE the idea Americans are "gun crazy". Many of the voice that opinion. I was told many times "Thanks for standing up for this".

Yet, the moderator considered me to be "verbally fist fighting".....

Me?

Never!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information