Thread: "I Am Legend 2″ In The Works; Should Be Called "I Am Legend 0.5″

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default "I Am Legend 2″ In The Works; Should Be Called "I Am Legend 0.5″

I really liked the 1st one. Should be interesting to see what they do with this one.

"I Am Legend 2″ In The Works; Should Be Called "I Am Legend 0.5″
    Director Francis Lawrence recently confirmed that there is a prequel flick in in the works for the Will Smith sci-fi movie I Am Legend. Legend took in $580 million, making it a prime candidate for a sequel … but given the way the movie ended, a reprise by Smith would be difficult. So director Lawrence is looking to go back in time … and it looks like Big Willie will be in it too.

Lawrence, the first film's director, shared the news at San Diego's Comic-Con International. While deets on the prequel's plot are currently scarce, Lawrence says, "we did a lot of research into the way nature would have sort of overtaken the city (for the first movie), with the cracks in the streets and the weeds, so if it's just back earlier, it'll be slightly different so the approach will be different. We're not positive of the time of the year, because if you go in winter, you can do some entirely different kinds of things."

We think one of the coolest things about Legend was the "character" that was New York City. The abandoned buildings, wild animals, and the waterfront combine to make a very creepy, tension-filled setting. Seeing how it became that way could be fascinating.

For a good chunk of Legend, Smith's character was alone with his dog, so the question of whether he'll have human company in the prequel is an interesting one. Beholding the first film's "creatures" takeover in a prequel — and the horror that Smith's character must experience as people around him fall prey to them — has potential.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Re: "I Am Legend 2″ In The Works; Should Be Called "I Am Legend 0.5″

If we receive enough change we may be living it in the not too distant future.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

>>but given the way the movie ended, a reprise by Smith would be difficult.<<

Gee, ya think?

I for one like the whole "struggle" part of these movies, so a prequel would be perhaps more fun for me.

When I say "These movies", I bought "Omega Man" a few years ago on DVD and I downloaded "Last Man on Earth" a couple months back. If you didn't know, they're all the same plot from the same book. I enjoyed everything up to the end. I didn't really need closure in fact, I'd have preferred it was all left open...leaving some hope.

It's sort of the same way I feel about Red Dawn, I enjoy the tactical action, the cleverness in defeating the bad guys "The car trap snare in I am Legend" etc.

By the way, in the 1964 Vincent price movie...he's not barricaded in very well. Charleton Heston did a much better job of it in Omega Man. Will Smith's place was a virtual fortress. I'd like to see the "immediate fall" and the machinations around that. I suppose it's why I liked the middle parts of Cast Away(Tom Hanks, 2000). Prepare, adapt, live.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I think what I dug most about IAL was how NYC was portrayed after nature had started to encroach. IAL gets points taken away for less than stellar CGI on the animals and vampires. Very scary and convincing vampires can be easily done in a movie. A recent example of that is 30 Days of Night. I thought the vampires in that were magnificently done and IAL would have greatly benefitted from real life casting and makeup.

Thanks

I have XM and about the time IAM came out, they did "Reel Talk" on Cinemagic with the director and/or producer. The movie was supposed to have real people as Vampires. They shot the first few days with real people, reviewed the footage and figured out that if they continued with real people, the movie was going to look like a bad zombie film. The Director went back to "insert whichever movie studio" and told them that it was going to be a collasal bomb without cgi. He then got approval to use ILM to get the zombies done.

Watch "Last Man on Earth" and see how bad the zombies were.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    I think what I dug most about IAL was how NYC was portrayed after nature had started to encroach. IAL gets points taken away for less than stellar CGI on the animals and vampires. Very scary and convincing vampires can be easily done in a movie. A recent example of that is 30 Days of Night. I thought the vampires in that were magnificently done and IAL would have greatly benefitted from real life casting and makeup.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

You know, I haven't seen "I Am"... I wanted to go to the theater, but guess I ought to get the dvd huh?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I'd recommend seeing it Rick. It's a pretty good flick. Plus, the DVD has the alternate ending.

Mal, sounds like they should have hired the group that did 30 Days of Night! As I mentioned, the vampires in that looked really good.

Thanks

It's a pretty good movie Rick. The zombies are unrealistic, but it's science fiction. No virus, no how could possibly mutate a human body like is done in that movie. If you can get past the look, the action of them is pretty cool.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

A couple stills from 30DON:

Much better than the CGI in IAL, in my opinion.

Thanks

30 days of night? Hmm.

Oh, look at that.

http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=30+days+of+night

Will have it tonight.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

It gets a little hokey near the end, like they didn't fully think through the ending, but I still liked it.

Thread Information