Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Presidential Elections

Thanks

Default Re: 2008 Presidential Elections

Wow- he stepped on it. Fast dancer- now smokin Joe Hardy to the plate. Or will the hilarious cloak for global initiatives save the day? Exciting election, no?

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008...riends-office/

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I was ready to yell in excitement, but I decided to check some things out first. Sorry to be the messenger but I get a 404 at the link there, and other boards where that link was referenced; and the latest entry by Berg just says that he thinks the case will move forward. Legal writer, Jeff Schreiber, has nothing new on the suit, either on America's Right.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Schreiber posted this and said to pass it on so here it is, naming names and posting the amounts dems gained because of the f&f crisis...

I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

update on the Obama birth certificate lawsuit:

http://gunnyg.wordpress.com/2008/10/...rtificate-etc/

The article by Jon Christian Ryter (regarding Obama) has been removed with the following explanation by the author below.
    JUDGE ORDERS OBAMA TO PRODUCE BIRTH CERTIFICATE By Jon Christian Ryter
    http://www.newswithviews.com/Ryter/jon252.htm

“Note:checking possible error in Obama birth certificate story. The story has been pulled until one issue is resolved. While the documents were posted on the US District Court website under “DECISIONS,” the order is not yet signed by the judge, which indicates the decision is still pending. “

Thanks

Okay, I think this explains the situation the best:

http://www.stoptheaclu.com/archives/...-disqualified/

julie on October 3rd, 2008 4:09 pm I am a trial lawyer. It is customary for an attorney to submit to the judge, along with the attorney’s motion or response to a motion, a PROPOSED order for the judge to sign. If the judge rules in your favor, s/he signs YOUR proposed Order. If the judge rules for the other side, s/he signs the proposed order the other side presented to the judge.
    You can take this to the bank!

Thanks

Shucks. I was checkin on the case last nite. Should have known by reading the date- but I didn't even skim. The judge here is in a tight spot. This is not Berg's first outlandish or frivolous type lawsuit, but this one is no gimmick-it has serious jus tertia standing and probable merit.

If the judge dismisses or does nothing- he and all appeals judges who will be washing their hands of a srtict forthwith subpoena type hearing will incur guilt in "letting be" the potential provocation of a constitutional crisis (provoked by a little perjury on Obamma's part)...after all- how's he supposed to know where he was born-he don't member. Ma said- it's a mother's dream. Plead the 5th.

Technically, it is the electoral college, not the US population, who "elects" the US president. They also will have a tough decision to make. If they elect obamma- and he is not in fact a naturally born US citizen, the US will cease to exist in the progressive sense. No exec branch- no new bills signed into law- no commander in chief- 2/3- congress and the supreme dopes.

Hilary is likely to be backstage with the electoral college and any bribery will be called out. Congress would promulgate a new law on what to do during a nullified or impasse election- and meanwhile- Nancy (shirley temple) would be acting chief exec.

This judge, to prevent a lot of hassle- should be badder than J. Sirica and start signing bench warrants. Obamma's a lawyer isn't he.

This reminds me of a story I heard golf caddies of Stevens tell. Said he loved women and women's rights. Wouldn't turn back on abortion and wouldn't resign. Wouldn't croak until a woman was in the white house.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

O well- clerks and secretaries make all the real important decisions. I hope this judge has no heemies and big balls on Monday.

not to mention caddies- good source.
    Last edited by samizdat; October 4th, 2008 at 04:17. Reason: forgot lower-middle class

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

Excellent news for this is right up my alley: educate the public...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081004/...pers_islam_dvd

Newspapers get complaints for DVD ad on Muslims

By ANICK JESDANUN, AP Business Writer 16 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Newspapers that carried an advertising supplement in recent weeks containing a DVD critical of radical Muslims have faced complaints from readers and questions about whether newspapers should offer a platform to everyone willing to pay for distribution.

Although a few papers refused to carry the DVD, about 70 including The New York Times distributed it on the grounds that rejecting it would violate the sponsor's right to free speech. The decision generated letters, cancellations and even a protest.

The Clarion Fund, a nonprofit founded in 2006 to address "the most urgent threat of radical Islam," spent millions of dollars distributing the DVDs mostly in battleground election states. That targeting led to further outcry about the group's motives.

"This is definitely the most feedback that I've gotten to an ad," said Ted Vaden, public editor for The News & Observer in Raleigh, N.C. "It's among the heaviest reaction I've gotten to anything. The great majority of the reaction was negative."

Vaden said the paper received about 500 e-mail and phone messages and had some 50 cancellations. He said the paper may have sparked some of the complaints by writing a front-page story calling attention to "Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West," the DVD insert that critics have denounced as anti-Muslim propaganda.

The decision over running the ad was similar to what online services like Google Inc.'s YouTube and Yahoo Inc.'s Flickr face when they let users freely share provocative video or photos. They get complaints of promoting unpopular viewpoints when they try to uphold free-speech principles; they get complaints of censorship when they don't.

Newspapers generally insist on giving a platform to a variety of viewpoints, but readers who complained were largely critical.

"I cannot believe that I was sent the hate-inflaming, fear-mongering video disk `Obsession' in my newspaper!" Margaret Lewis of Durham, N.C., wrote to The News & Observer. "What will you enclose next? KKK robes?"

Kelly McBride, head of the ethics faculty at the journalism think tank Poynter Institute, said papers generally reject ads only if they promote illegal activity or might incite violence. The "Obsession" DVD, at most, makes people angry, she said.

"It's pretty hard to make an argument to reject it," she said. "It's hard to articulate a standard that would give you the opportunity to reject something like the `Obsession' DVD but allow other types of political, religious or anti-religious speech."

The Clarion Fund, which has declined to identify all of its board members or the sources of its funding, is working with the Endowment for Middle East Truth on "The Obsession Project," which is to include research publications and issue forums.

Clarion Fund spokesman Gregory Ross said the group spent several million dollars in donations from individuals he would not name, and he said running the ad in swing states was a means of drawing media attention and not meant to influence the election's result, a move barred by federal tax law covering nonprofits.

"We found (newspapers were) the most economical and best way to get it out there," Ross said.

Dozens of people protested outside The Oregonian's offices on Monday, the morning after the Portland, Ore., newspaper carried the DVD. One said he canceled his subscription. Mayor Tom Potter had tried to persuade the paper not to run the ad.

Publisher Fred Stickel, who did not return phone calls from The Associated Press for comment, has said The Oregonian tries to keep its advertising channels open, regardless of whether the paper agrees with the sponsor's message.

But Elizabeth Brenner, the publisher of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, told reporters at the Milwaukee Press Club that based on complaints from its readers, the paper likely would not carry it again if faced with the same decision. She declined further comment to the AP, saying she didn't want to re-ignite the issue.

"Obsession," an hour-long movie that features graphic images of terrorism, video of anti-American speeches from Mideast television and comparisons with Nazi Germany, has been sent to about 28 million households through newspapers and direct mail.

Ross questioned whether many of the video's critics actually had seen it, and he noted that it carried a disclaimer saying it was not about the majority of Muslims, who are peaceful.

Some readers expressed support.

"It's refreshing to see something other than the `politically correct' drivel most Americans seem to accept as fact," Steven Earle of Clifton, Colo., wrote to The Denver Post, which distributed a half million copies.

The News & Record of Greensboro, N.C., rejected the DVD, considering it inflammatory and hateful without contributing much educational value.

"We got a lot of e-mails from across the country applauding the decision," Editor John Robinson said, adding that most feedback for and against came from outside his paper's region.

The Detroit Free Press, The Plain Dealer of Cleveland and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch also declined to carry the ad.

The glossy color insert to which the DVD was attached described it in tiny print as a "Paid Advertising Supplement."

As at other newspapers, The New York Times' decision to run the ad in some markets outside New York came from its advertising department, not the newsroom.

"Just as we print advertisements that rebut New York Times editorials, news articles or critical reviews, we print ads that differ from our editorial position," spokeswoman Diane McNulty said. "We do so in the belief that it is in the best interests of our readers for our pages to be as open as possible."

The Miami Herald got dozens of letters and e-mails, mostly critical. But Anders Gyllenhaal, the newspaper's executive editor, said the outcry led to good discussions with the region's Muslim community about the principles of free speech.

Thanks

The Schreiber ad is better, and a decent campaign type. Good edit- but it leaves out obamma's amounts and the attempts McCain made to regulate.

The 1st similar video- with meeks sayin he was po'ed and staring down the thug type lookin regulator would just po people more. The white thug looks like the slumlord and Meeks appears justified.

There's a refrain in the ghetto. What's goin on? Nothins goin on but the rent and the rent's always goin on. Do you truly think this is a decent campaign issue, with ossana having two top picks with golden parachutes. Names, numbers and stump obamma will do.

on reins-
    So what evidence does the McCain campaign have for the supposed Obama-Raines connection? It is pretty flimsy, but it is not made up completely out of whole cloth. McCain spokesman Brian Rogers points to three items in the Washington Post in July and August. It turns out that the three items (including an editorial) all rely on the same single conversation, between Raines and a Washington Post business reporter, Anita Huslin, who wrote a profile of the discredited Fannie Mae boss that appeared on July 16. The profile reported that Raines, who retired from Fannie Mae four years ago, had "taken calls from Barack Obama's presidential campaign seeking his advice on mortgage and housing policy matters."

Sen. Barack Obama: No. 3 on the Fannie/Freddie list of favored politicians after just four short years in the Senate.

1. Dodd, Christopher J
    S
    D-CT
    $133,900

2. Kerry, John
    S
    D-MA
    $111,000

3. Obama, Barack
    S
    D-IL
    $105,849

4. Clinton, Hillary
    S
    D-NY
    $75,550

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

But- then again- it's all a paper chase. Nobody should spend-waste so much time and $$$$ on an election campaign.

The New York Times has published a separate list looking at contributions from "directors, officers, and lobbyists for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac" for the 2008 campaign cycle. That list — using figures from the Federal Election Commission — shows McCain receiving $169,000, while Obama received only $16,000.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ddie/#comments

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

You know, sami, this is a good question:
    There's a refrain in the ghetto. What's goin on? Nothins goin on but the rent and the rent's always goin on. Do you truly think this is a decent campaign issue, with ossana having two top picks with golden parachutes. Names, numbers and stump obamma will do.
    I saw a showing of the movie here in Colorado. It was interesting in that a panel discussion followed and then after that anyone who still had any questions or comments, particularly in opposition to the message, were able to converse with the panel participants. It is truly an educational effort that I respect and admire. I haven't contacted representatives to ask why Clarion Fund would send this out in battleground election areas, and I am taking this article as being written honestly. But I would venture a guess. It is nothing more than that.

The article states that the group found newspaper circulation to be more cost effective than other avenues of education. I believe that after the event that I attended, which included the transporting of speakers,this could well be true. Secondly, they are not saying to vote for McCain, the information is about radical Islam, it was created before the candidates were in the public eye as such; but if you find the documentary material disturbing, McCain will look like the man to help keep our country secure.

My personal opinion is that the MSM is "left" educating the public every single day and any good, accurate information to undo this damage is very positive for our country. I'm pleasantly surprised that so many of the newpapers have actually been allowing this.

http://clarionfund.org/

CLARION FUND, created in November 2006, is a non-profit, non-partisan organization whose mission is to educate Americans about issues of
    national security.
    Our primary focus is on the most urgent threat of radical Islam. By utilizing the following three mediums, Clarion Fund is helping Americans understand that
    the mainstream media is not adequately conveying the reality of radical Islam:
    • Documentary Film Production and Distribution
    • Online Education
    • College Outreach
    Clarion Fund, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization. We are independent and do
    not accept funding from the U.S. Government, political institutions, or
    foreign organizations.

For general information and
    screening requests:

info@clarionfund.org
    (888) 610-2221 or (646) 308-1230
    For media and press only:
    media@clarionfund.org
    (646) 308-1202

Clarion Fund holds non-exclusive distribution rights for the "Obsession" film.
    Clarion Fund helped finance the production of "The Third Jihad"

NEW RELEASE!
    The Third Jihad

COMING SOON!
    Click here to
    view the trailer!

Obsession:
    Radical Islam's War
    Against The West

Click here for more information or
    to buy the DVD

Coming soon to a campus near you!
    For more information, contact info@clarionfund.org

Copyright 2008 Clarion Fund. All rights reserved.
    Last edited by Aplomb; October 4th, 2008 at 07:55. Reason: included clarion link, info, ads

Thanks

Here's the full debate, it's even better the 2nd time around:

Thanks

Lieberman just introduced Mrs. Palin at a Florida "Road to Victory" rally... and OMG these people are going NUTS for her.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

It's NOT a "Smear" when he tells the truth.... Obama is a buddy to TERRORISTS!

Barack Obama accuses John McCain of smear tactics

PA Photos

Barack Obama has blamed John McCain for resorting to smear tactics after Republican fears that the Democratic presidential candidate will sweep the board in the forthcoming US elections.

Obama's reaction followed a new line being pursued by McCain's team – that of making more personal attacks and greater criticism of Obama.

The new Republican strategy reared up when the Republican campaign accused Obama of being friends with a terrorist, Bill Ayers.

Ayers is one of the founders of the Weathermen, a radical dissident group who carried out a bombing campaign in American during the 1970s.

The crafty move by the McCain team is an apparent attempt to move attention away from the huge economic crisis looming over America, which has deeply effected Republican support during the last two weeks.

With just 30 days to go until the elections take place, polls and reports are citing a significant swing in favour of the Democrats.

The Obama campaign has more staff and volunteers on the ground and has recently registered millions of new Democratic voters – something the Republicans have failed to achieve.

Obama has already shown that he will not take personal attacks lying down. In a speech in North Carolina, he accused McCain of distracting voters from the economic disaster.

'Senator McCain and his operatives are gambling that he can distract you with smears rather than talk to you about substance,' he said. 'They'd rather try to tear our campaign down than lift this country up. It's what you do when you're out of touch, out of ideas, and running out of time.'

McCain is expected to make further attacks on Obama's character in a presidential debate in Tennessee tomorrow night. However the Obama campaign will counter it with an advert accusing McCain of being 'erratic in a crisis' and out of touch saying: 'No wonder his campaign want to change the subject.'

Monday 6 October 2008
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Senator Barack Obama in Kenya > Obama and Odinga: The True Story
    African Press Intternational ^ | 8/8/08 | Paul Abeles

The mainstream media has justified ignoring this story based on a “conspiracy theory” chain email (politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/465) making the rounds from some African missionaries. Politifact.com examined the email—which claims Obama gave $1MM to Odinga’s campaign—and declared it “a pants on fire”.

However, the underlying (more important issues) are verifiably true. In August and September 2006, Senator Barack Obama traveled to South Africa, Chad, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Chad and Kenya as a congressional delegation of one (Codel Obama) (“Codel Obama” The Hill 9/7/2006) While in Kenya, Obama consistently appeared at the side of fellow Luo Raila Odinga (“your agent for change’), who was running for President. (“Senator Rebukes Kenya’s Corruption” Chicago Sun Times 8/29/2006) Because of his African heritage, Obama was treated as a virtual “Head of State” in Kenya While campaigning with Odinga, Obama was openly critical of governmental corruption under President Mibaki –usually a fair, if undiplomatic, criticism from an objective observer.

However, Kibaki’s government has been better than most—and Odinga has his own corruption issues.( “Loud and Populist, But No Political Outsider” The Guardian 12/29/2007)

Obama’s partisan support for Odinga was considered so transparent, that the Kenyan Government spokesman, Alfred Matua, complained of political posturing to aid Odinga’s election chances: “It is very clear that the senator has been used as a puppet to perpetuate opposition politics,”(“Walking The World Stage” Newsweek 9/11/06) And, “…we earlier thought he was mature in his assessment of Kenyan and African politics,” Mutua told AFP.”We forgive him because it is his first time in the Senate and he is yet to mature into understanding issues of foreign policy,” he said.”(“Obama’s Kenya Honeymoon Ends Abruptly After Graft Rebuke” 8/29/06) Subsequently, Ambassador Ogingo Ogego made a public complaint to the US.(“Kenyan Envoy Kicks Off Diplomatic Row” My Africa 9/27/2006)

Raila Odinga subsequently lost the controversial (probably rigged) presidential election. In what appeared to many—including Human Rights Watch– as a coordinated strategy from the top, (“Violence We Fled was Planned, Say Kenyan Refugees” Reuters 1/26/2008 and “Kenya: Violence Planned Before Poll, Says Report” The Nation 3/18/2008) his Luo supporters (a core of whom call themselves The Taliban”(“Ethnic Gangs Rile Kenyan Slums” Newsweek 1/10/08)) engaged in what US Envoy Jendayi Frazer called “clear ethnic cleansing” (“US Envoy Calls Violence in Kenya ‘Ethnic Cleansing’” USA Today 1/30/2008) of the Kikuyu opposition.

Odinga’s supporters went on a rampage—burning Kikuyu homes and businesses, (“Ethnic Cleansing in Luoland” The Economist 2/7/2008) raping Kikuyu women, and murdering everyone in their path—including at least 50 Christian Kikuyu woman & children who had sought refuge in a church. They burned them alive. (“Mob Burns Kenyans Seeking Refuge In Church” CNN 1/10/2008)

“We have evidence that ODM [Odinga’s party] politicians and local leaders actively fomented some post-election violence,” Georgette Gagnon, acting Africa director for the New York based Human Rights Watch (HRW), said on Thursday.” (Violence We Fled was Planned, Say Kenyan Refugees” Ibid) So: who is Raila Odinga that Senator Obama would expend his political capital and risk the goodwill of half the population of Kenya?

Their relationship is unclear. The BBC initially reported that Obama and Odinga were first cousins.(“Odinga Says Obama is His Cousin” 1/8/2008) The Obama campaign has since denied a familial relationship. Raila Odinga’s father Oginga Odinga was leader of the “Kenya People’s Union” and perceived as a “committed socialist” (“Oginga Odinga: Kenya’s Most Persecuted Politician” Kenya: Key Issues 8/21.2002). Odinga Sr. was also the political ally of fellow Luo; Barack Obama Sr.(The Risks of Knowledge (Ohio University Press, 2004) p. 182)

What we do know about Odinga is not good. A former Minister of Energy, Odinga is reported to have been set up in the oil business by the al Bakri Group and Muammar Quaddafi (“How Rich is Raila-The ODM Kenya Presidential Aspirant?” African Press 4/26/2007) Abdel Qader Bakri (or- Abdulkader al Bakri) was listed on the infamous “Golden Chain”–an internal Al-Queda list of wealthy Saudi financial sponsors seized by Bosnian police in a Islamic “charity” raid in 2001. (“Terrorist Financing Staff Monograph 9/11 Commission and “The Golden Chain”) According to his website, Odinga was educated in Communist East Germany, (Herder Institute, Leipzig & Otto von Guericke Tech. Institute, Magdeburg) (http://www.raila07.com) Odinga’s eldest son is named “Fidel” (http://www.raila07.com)

Perhaps most troubling is Odinga’s links to Islamic extremists in Kenya. According to Voice of America and the Evangelical Alliance of Kenya, on 8/29/07, Odinga signed a secret agreement (exposed 11/27) with Sheikh Abdullah Abdi of the National Muslim

Leaders Forum (NAMLEF) in which he agreed to institute Islamic law in exchange for Abdi’s support (eakenya.org)–thereby potentially disenfranchising and curtailing the liberties of millions of Christian Kenyan women. Further, he promised that Muslims suspected of terrorism would be safe from extradition—thereby establishing a ‘safe haven’ for terrorists in Kenya.

After the public outcry, Odinga denied signing a secret agreement. Angry at Odinga’s apparent repudiation, a member of NAMLEF subsequently released the agreement to the press. Odinga then claimed the document was a forgery, but acknowledged a secret agreement had been signed in exchange for Muslim support. Finally, under constant pressure, Odinga released what he claimed was the actual document (“Real” MOU) a considerably watered down version of the original; but still anathema to many Christian groups. “In response to the revelations, The Evangelical Alliance of Kenya released a statement in which church leaders said Raila, in both MOUs, ‘comes across as a presumptive Muslim president bent on forcing Islamic law, religion and culture down the throats of the Kenyan people in total disregard of the Constitutionally guaranteed rights of freedom of worship and equal protection of the law’” (“Concerns Raised Over Alleged Vow To Enforce Islamic Law in Kenya” Christian Post 12/18/2007) To many westerners, the idea of imposing Sharia in a predominantly Christian country may have seemed fanciful. However, Kenya has had Sharia courts for family law (not criminal law)—called Khadi courts—since 1963.

For the US and “the war on terror”—the most worrisome section—contained in both agreements– concerns extradition (or renditions) of suspected terrorists to the US and elsewhere. The Kibaki government had been a leading supporter of the US’s efforts to dismantle Al-Queda cells in Kenya (National Commission of Terrorist Attacks on the United States- 9/11 Report) and elsewhere. Raila Odinga made opposition to the government’s crackdown of suspected Al Queda supporters a cornerstone of his campaign “In Kimanthi’s view, ‘only some of the leaders’…were Al Queda sympathizers. The renditions- along with frequent police sweeps on the Swahili coast-had become an emotional issue in the presidential race. Islamic outrage had placed the incumbent, Kibaki, on the defensive and provided Raila Odinga with a tool to rally the support of Kenya’s Muslims.” (“The African Front” New York Times Magazine 12/23/2007) And, “Our government will not be held at ransom to extradite Muslims to foreign lands”, Odinga told supporters in the coastal city of Mombassa. ‘This government is behaving as if it is still a colony.’” (“Outcome of Kenyan Election Could Impact Anti-Terror Cooperation” CNSNews.com 10/17/2007)

So, how much of a national security concern is this? Well, actually: huge “…proximity to the volatile states…including Somalia and Sudan have made Kenya especially vulnerable, in the views of counterterrorism experts, to the call for jihad. Since the early 1990s, the mosques of Mombasa and other towns have resonated with militant Islamic rhetoric. Radical imams have preached violence against Westerners, attacked the Kenyan government as the lackey of the United States and Israel and called for the implementation of Shariah. Members of the Qaeda cells that blew up the U.S. embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania…were recruited in mosques near the Indian Ocean beaches [in Kenya]“ (“The African Front” , ibid)

At no point has Senator Obama tried to distance himself from Odinga. Odinga visited Obama on a fundraising tour of the US in 2007 and it is believed that political strategist Dick Morris assisted in Odinga’s presidential campaign- gratis- at Obama’s request (Morris only acknowledged the suggestion came through “mutual friends”). (“Bridges Burned in US, Political Kingmaker Hits Africa” ABC News 11/20/2007) Odinga has claimed that he and Obama speak regularly and whether this is true or not– the similarities between their campaigns are startling. (“Kenya Tests New Style of Politicking” The Washington Post, 12/22/2007)

In fairness to Senator Obama, after Kenya erupted into violence ( and at the request of Condoleezza Rice), Obama did record a message “. …calling for calm…” and had “..near daily conversations with the US Ambassador…and Raila Odinga” (“The Demons That Still Haunt Africa” TIME magazine 1/10/2008). Perhaps not surprisingly, President Kibaki apparently declined to take his call. Kibaki’s not the only one no longer filled with enthusiasm for Senator Obama’s brand of diplomacy. As Nicholas Kristof reported (with some surprise) in February: “You might think that all Kenyans would be vigorously supporting Mr. Obama. But Kenya has been fractured along ethnic lines in the last two months, so now Mr. Obama draws frenzied support from the Luos ethnic group of his ancestors, while many members of the rival Kikuyu group fervently support Hillary Rodham Clinton. (“Obama’s Kenya Roots” New York Times 2/24/2008)

Curiously, it has been the Kenyan press (almost alone) who have realized the potential implications: “… this is what may be the most memorable effect of the ODM’s [Odinga’s party] post-election campaign for State House. The longer their protests last, and the less disciplined they are - or the more atrocities like Eldoret [church massacre] are conducted in the party’s name- the more likely Kenya is to be stuck on the front pages of the world’s media and the more embarrassment it will bring to the Senator.” (“The Kiss of Death, How Kenya Could Spoil It For Obama” KenyaImagine 1/13/2008)

Clearly, Obama campaigned for someone who is corrupt, ruthless and has financial ties to terrorists. More importantly, Obama campaigned for a candidate who had the stated objective of dismantling US & Kenyan government efforts to root out Al Queda and other terrorist organizations. Organizations that had already caused the deaths of hundreds of Americans and Africans in embassy bombings. Senator Obama’s actions—intentional or not—were in direct conflict with the efforts and interests of US national security. I think this raises serious questions about the judgment, maturity and readiness of Senator Obama.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Senator Barack Obama in Kenya > Obama and Odinga: The True Story
    African Press Intternational ^ | 8/8/08 | Paul Abeles

The mainstream media has justified ignoring this story based on a “conspiracy theory” chain email (politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/465) making the rounds from some African missionaries. Politifact.com examined the email—which claims Obama gave $1MM to Odinga’s campaign—and declared it “a pants on fire”.

However, the underlying (more important issues) are verifiably true. In August and September 2006, Senator Barack Obama traveled to South Africa, Chad, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Chad and Kenya as a congressional delegation of one (Codel Obama) (“Codel Obama” The Hill 9/7/2006) While in Kenya, Obama consistently appeared at the side of fellow Luo Raila Odinga (“your agent for change’), who was running for President. (“Senator Rebukes Kenya’s Corruption” Chicago Sun Times 8/29/2006) Because of his African heritage, Obama was treated as a virtual “Head of State” in Kenya While campaigning with Odinga, Obama was openly critical of governmental corruption under President Mibaki –usually a fair, if undiplomatic, criticism from an objective observer.

However, Kibaki’s government has been better than most—and Odinga has his own corruption issues.( “Loud and Populist, But No Political Outsider” The Guardian 12/29/2007)

Obama’s partisan support for Odinga was considered so transparent, that the Kenyan Government spokesman, Alfred Matua, complained of political posturing to aid Odinga’s election chances: “It is very clear that the senator has been used as a puppet to perpetuate opposition politics,”(“Walking The World Stage” Newsweek 9/11/06) And, “…we earlier thought he was mature in his assessment of Kenyan and African politics,” Mutua told AFP.”We forgive him because it is his first time in the Senate and he is yet to mature into understanding issues of foreign policy,” he said.”(“Obama’s Kenya Honeymoon Ends Abruptly After Graft Rebuke” 8/29/06) Subsequently, Ambassador Ogingo Ogego made a public complaint to the US.(“Kenyan Envoy Kicks Off Diplomatic Row” My Africa 9/27/2006)

Raila Odinga subsequently lost the controversial (probably rigged) presidential election. In what appeared to many—including Human Rights Watch– as a coordinated strategy from the top, (“Violence We Fled was Planned, Say Kenyan Refugees” Reuters 1/26/2008 and “Kenya: Violence Planned Before Poll, Says Report” The Nation 3/18/2008) his Luo supporters (a core of whom call themselves The Taliban”(“Ethnic Gangs Rile Kenyan Slums” Newsweek 1/10/08)) engaged in what US Envoy Jendayi Frazer called “clear ethnic cleansing” (“US Envoy Calls Violence in Kenya ‘Ethnic Cleansing’” USA Today 1/30/2008) of the Kikuyu opposition.

Odinga’s supporters went on a rampage—burning Kikuyu homes and businesses, (“Ethnic Cleansing in Luoland” The Economist 2/7/2008) raping Kikuyu women, and murdering everyone in their path—including at least 50 Christian Kikuyu woman & children who had sought refuge in a church. They burned them alive. (“Mob Burns Kenyans Seeking Refuge In Church” CNN 1/10/2008)

“We have evidence that ODM [Odinga’s party] politicians and local leaders actively fomented some post-election violence,” Georgette Gagnon, acting Africa director for the New York based Human Rights Watch (HRW), said on Thursday.” (Violence We Fled was Planned, Say Kenyan Refugees” Ibid) So: who is Raila Odinga that Senator Obama would expend his political capital and risk the goodwill of half the population of Kenya?

Their relationship is unclear. The BBC initially reported that Obama and Odinga were first cousins.(“Odinga Says Obama is His Cousin” 1/8/2008) The Obama campaign has since denied a familial relationship. Raila Odinga’s father Oginga Odinga was leader of the “Kenya People’s Union” and perceived as a “committed socialist” (“Oginga Odinga: Kenya’s Most Persecuted Politician” Kenya: Key Issues 8/21.2002). Odinga Sr. was also the political ally of fellow Luo; Barack Obama Sr.(The Risks of Knowledge (Ohio University Press, 2004) p. 182)

What we do know about Odinga is not good. A former Minister of Energy, Odinga is reported to have been set up in the oil business by the al Bakri Group and Muammar Quaddafi (“How Rich is Raila-The ODM Kenya Presidential Aspirant?” African Press 4/26/2007) Abdel Qader Bakri (or- Abdulkader al Bakri) was listed on the infamous “Golden Chain”–an internal Al-Queda list of wealthy Saudi financial sponsors seized by Bosnian police in a Islamic “charity” raid in 2001. (“Terrorist Financing Staff Monograph 9/11 Commission and “The Golden Chain”) According to his website, Odinga was educated in Communist East Germany, (Herder Institute, Leipzig & Otto von Guericke Tech. Institute, Magdeburg) (http://www.raila07.com) Odinga’s eldest son is named “Fidel” (http://www.raila07.com)

Perhaps most troubling is Odinga’s links to Islamic extremists in Kenya. According to Voice of America and the Evangelical Alliance of Kenya, on 8/29/07, Odinga signed a secret agreement (exposed 11/27) with Sheikh Abdullah Abdi of the National Muslim

Leaders Forum (NAMLEF) in which he agreed to institute Islamic law in exchange for Abdi’s support (eakenya.org)–thereby potentially disenfranchising and curtailing the liberties of millions of Christian Kenyan women. Further, he promised that Muslims suspected of terrorism would be safe from extradition—thereby establishing a ‘safe haven’ for terrorists in Kenya.

After the public outcry, Odinga denied signing a secret agreement. Angry at Odinga’s apparent repudiation, a member of NAMLEF subsequently released the agreement to the press. Odinga then claimed the document was a forgery, but acknowledged a secret agreement had been signed in exchange for Muslim support. Finally, under constant pressure, Odinga released what he claimed was the actual document (“Real” MOU) a considerably watered down version of the original; but still anathema to many Christian groups. “In response to the revelations, The Evangelical Alliance of Kenya released a statement in which church leaders said Raila, in both MOUs, ‘comes across as a presumptive Muslim president bent on forcing Islamic law, religion and culture down the throats of the Kenyan people in total disregard of the Constitutionally guaranteed rights of freedom of worship and equal protection of the law’” (“Concerns Raised Over Alleged Vow To Enforce Islamic Law in Kenya” Christian Post 12/18/2007) To many westerners, the idea of imposing Sharia in a predominantly Christian country may have seemed fanciful. However, Kenya has had Sharia courts for family law (not criminal law)—called Khadi courts—since 1963.

For the US and “the war on terror”—the most worrisome section—contained in both agreements– concerns extradition (or renditions) of suspected terrorists to the US and elsewhere. The Kibaki government had been a leading supporter of the US’s efforts to dismantle Al-Queda cells in Kenya (National Commission of Terrorist Attacks on the United States- 9/11 Report) and elsewhere. Raila Odinga made opposition to the government’s crackdown of suspected Al Queda supporters a cornerstone of his campaign “In Kimanthi’s view, ‘only some of the leaders’…were Al Queda sympathizers. The renditions- along with frequent police sweeps on the Swahili coast-had become an emotional issue in the presidential race. Islamic outrage had placed the incumbent, Kibaki, on the defensive and provided Raila Odinga with a tool to rally the support of Kenya’s Muslims.” (“The African Front” New York Times Magazine 12/23/2007) And, “Our government will not be held at ransom to extradite Muslims to foreign lands”, Odinga told supporters in the coastal city of Mombassa. ‘This government is behaving as if it is still a colony.’” (“Outcome of Kenyan Election Could Impact Anti-Terror Cooperation” CNSNews.com 10/17/2007)

So, how much of a national security concern is this? Well, actually: huge “…proximity to the volatile states…including Somalia and Sudan have made Kenya especially vulnerable, in the views of counterterrorism experts, to the call for jihad. Since the early 1990s, the mosques of Mombasa and other towns have resonated with militant Islamic rhetoric. Radical imams have preached violence against Westerners, attacked the Kenyan government as the lackey of the United States and Israel and called for the implementation of Shariah. Members of the Qaeda cells that blew up the U.S. embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania…were recruited in mosques near the Indian Ocean beaches [in Kenya]“ (“The African Front” , ibid)

At no point has Senator Obama tried to distance himself from Odinga. Odinga visited Obama on a fundraising tour of the US in 2007 and it is believed that political strategist Dick Morris assisted in Odinga’s presidential campaign- gratis- at Obama’s request (Morris only acknowledged the suggestion came through “mutual friends”). (“Bridges Burned in US, Political Kingmaker Hits Africa” ABC News 11/20/2007) Odinga has claimed that he and Obama speak regularly and whether this is true or not– the similarities between their campaigns are startling. (“Kenya Tests New Style of Politicking” The Washington Post, 12/22/2007)

In fairness to Senator Obama, after Kenya erupted into violence ( and at the request of Condoleezza Rice), Obama did record a message “. …calling for calm…” and had “..near daily conversations with the US Ambassador…and Raila Odinga” (“The Demons That Still Haunt Africa” TIME magazine 1/10/2008). Perhaps not surprisingly, President Kibaki apparently declined to take his call. Kibaki’s not the only one no longer filled with enthusiasm for Senator Obama’s brand of diplomacy. As Nicholas Kristof reported (with some surprise) in February: “You might think that all Kenyans would be vigorously supporting Mr. Obama. But Kenya has been fractured along ethnic lines in the last two months, so now Mr. Obama draws frenzied support from the Luos ethnic group of his ancestors, while many members of the rival Kikuyu group fervently support Hillary Rodham Clinton. (“Obama’s Kenya Roots” New York Times 2/24/2008)

Curiously, it has been the Kenyan press (almost alone) who have realized the potential implications: “… this is what may be the most memorable effect of the ODM’s [Odinga’s party] post-election campaign for State House. The longer their protests last, and the less disciplined they are - or the more atrocities like Eldoret [church massacre] are conducted in the party’s name- the more likely Kenya is to be stuck on the front pages of the world’s media and the more embarrassment it will bring to the Senator.” (“The Kiss of Death, How Kenya Could Spoil It For Obama” KenyaImagine 1/13/2008)

Clearly, Obama campaigned for someone who is corrupt, ruthless and has financial ties to terrorists. More importantly, Obama campaigned for a candidate who had the stated objective of dismantling US & Kenyan government efforts to root out Al Queda and other terrorist organizations. Organizations that had already caused the deaths of hundreds of Americans and Africans in embassy bombings. Senator Obama’s actions—intentional or not—were in direct conflict with the efforts and interests of US national security. I think this raises serious questions about the judgment, maturity and readiness of Senator Obama.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Impropriety 101 for Dummies
    Pagan Power ^ | October 6, 2008 | Pagan Power This morning I received an email from the Obama campaign. In it they lay out their plan to attack John McCain for his role in the Lincoln Savings and Loan collapse. At first I thought this a move of foolishness, but then I read a report in the Washington Post that only reemphasized the connection. Nothing like a willing media to distort history and fill your minds with innuendo. And lies.

Dems: Forget Ayers, Remember Keating
    "During the savings and loan crisis of the late 80s and early 90s, McCain's political favor and aggressive support for deregulation put him at the center of the fall of Lincoln Savings and Loan," Obama campaign manager David Plouffe wrote in an e-mail to campaign supporters that was released last Sunday to the media as well. "... Overall, the savings and loan crisis required the federal government to bail out the savings of hundreds of thousands of families and ultimately cost American taxpayers $124 billion." "Sound familiar?"
    So here is a preview of the "damning evidence" against John McCain.

Silly Democrats Grasping at Straws

Okay, so now that you've got your jollies, how about we take a trip down Factual Lane and discover for ourselves what is at the heart of this matter? You know, that place beneath the spin of the Democrats and their Obamedia allies.

Let's start with one simple fact that rips asunder any claims made by the Obamanation.

Read the rest of this entry
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

People Listening to Mainstream Media and Not to McCain: Conservative Media Lagging Badly
    Bloggers and Personal ^ | 6 Oct 08 | Xzins There is nothing that proves the bulk of America is getting their news from MSM sources like recent polling proves it. Obama has jumped up to a 6 point lead over McCain, and the electoral vote has started to slide in the direction of a man who is a virtual unknown.

McCain's low polling began with the financial fiasco.

The truth is that there's no good reason to hang this on McCain any more than on Obama. Both are Senators. The Senate has been in democrat hands for a while now and never firmly in Republican hands. Additionally, there is plenty of reason to associate the mortgage, Fannie, Freddie, and securities problems with liberal democratic decisions and liberal democratic leaders.

Another truth is that there is no legitimate reason to question McCain's assertion that the fundamentals of the economy are not strong. All the numbers are below or at the averages for the last 50 years.

There is no more reason to see McCain's suspending his campaign and coming to Washington DC in the midst of this debacle from the Obama viewpoint as from the McCain viewpoint. But the people are seeing it from the Obama perspective.

They've picked up the soundbites from the media and they are parroting those instead of the points raised by the McCain camp.

The Palin/Biden debate is a case study that proves the impact of the mainstream media. At its most rational, one could say that the Palin/Biden debate was a series of points/counterpoints that ended up with no damage done by either side. In retrospect, the phony facts used by Biden should be blaring from the headlines of every news organization in the nation. They are not and they will not. The distortions and misrepresentations of Biden were pulled out of thin air by a master of the calmly delivered, even if inaccurate, comment.

It's an overworn comment, but if Palin had done the same, she would be getting nailed to some tree on the hill Gol"Gotcha" near Washington, D.C.

In commentary immediately after the debate there was the belief that Palin had held her own. By the time the mainstream pundits had pontificated, the liberal spinmeisters had been given their free airtime, and the Obama surrogates had made their decrees, American polling land was concluding that Biden had won the debate hands down.
    Whatever the McCain camps hopes for getting their side of the message out, it came to naught. The polls are worse today than they were on Friday. There was no debate bump.

What should McCain do to get this back to an even race?

He has decided, finally and too late, to bring up Obama's suspicious, socialist/anarchist associations. The media will carry the Obama responses and not those of McCain. How McCain talks the Limbaughs, Hannities, and Ingrahams of the radio world to stay at their microphones even on Fridays and weekends until the election is over is up to him.
    It would help if he found a way to do it. There are no weekends off for those who are interested in victory, and these radio pros should realize that by now.

In one sense, the best opportunity for McCain is Tuesday night. He gets to speak to a large portion of the electorate in this second debate with Obama. There is no leeway. McCain must be so convincing that it cannot be spun by the media. (It would help if Obama would make a major error, but that's not likely. Obama will be in his prevent defense.)

Moreover, though, McCain must decide now to take a chance on a huge expenditure of funds to run some nationwide advertisements. They must be knockout, shocking, mind-capturing ads akin to the infamous "Daisy Ad."

McCain must land on Obama the same firestorm that engulfed the last Arizonan to run for president. Paybacks truly should be hell.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Fireweednectar’s Weblog

Views from The Last Frontier

Is Bill Ayers Obama’s ghostwriter?

Jack Cashill believes that Bill Ayers, unrepentant terrorist, Weatherman and current professor of education (!), wrote Barack Obama’s memoir Dreams of My Father, and has written a three-part article to outline his theory. As I write this it has been about an hour since I heard parts of a radio interview by Rusty Humphries of Jack Cashill, who discussed some of the technical aspects of making this determination. He also spoke of qsum, an authorship attribution program that is key to proving his assertions. He does not, however, have the skills to run the program and is appealing to an unbiased audience member who can aid him in the process of going through to compare/contrast the two books. Such a person should contact Cashill at this address.

Following is Part I: Did Bill Ayers write Obama’s “Dreams”? of the series.
    “I picture the street coming alive, awakening from the fury of winter, stirred from the chilly spring night by cold glimmers of sunlight angling through the city.” Bill Ayers, Fugitive Days.

“Night now fell in midafternoon, especially when the snowstorms rolled in, boundless prairie storms that set the sky close to the ground, the city lights reflected against the clouds.” Barack Obama, Dreams From My Father.

Prior to 1990, when Barack Obama contracted to write Dreams From My Father, he had written very close to nothing.

As an undergraduate, Obama had written what he justifiably calls some “very bad poetry.” He published nothing under his own name in The Harvard Law Review, where he served as an editor and as president. And after leaving Harvard, he published nothing in its review or in any law journal.

Then, in 1995, this untested 33 year-old produced what Time Magazine has called–with a straight face– “the best-written memoir ever produced by an American politician.”

The public is asked to believe Obama wrote this on his own. I do not buy this canard for a minute, not at all. In writing a book on intellectual fraud, Hoodwinked, I developed an eye for literary humbug, and Dreams serves up an eyeful.

In writing an earlier article about Dreams’ dubious authorship, I had questioned whether the influential Muslim crackpot who paved Obama’s way into Harvard, Khalid al Mansour, might have greased his way into the world of publishing as well. If so, he remains well behind the scenes.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Palin e-mail hacker a former KISD student
    Killeen Daily Herald ^ | 03 October 2008 | Bill Begley

When he heard the name connected to the story – the one about the college kid who allegedly "hacked" his way into a personal e-mail account for Republican vice presidential candidate Gov. Sarah Palin – Tracey McDaniels was not surprised.

There was, after all, a history there.

"He did the same kind of thing when he went to school here," said McDaniels, a history teacher at Eastern Hills Middle School. "He and another kid found a way to get onto the school's server – they just sat down and figured out the password."

A taste of things to come for David Kernell.

The 20-year-old son of a state representative in Tennessee, Kernell attended Killeen Independent School District schools from 1999 through 2001, and last month was the focus of an FBI investigation into the hacking of the Alaska governor's Yahoo e-mail account.

A federal grand jury in Chattanooga, Tenn., last week heard testimony about the case, but did not bring any charges in connection with the investigation.

The FBI's investigation uncovered an Internet address that traced back from Palin's e-mail account to Kernell's apartment complex in Knoxville, where he is a student at the University of Tennessee.

And McDaniels said all of it – the computers and politics – fits well with the seventh-grade student he remembers having in class at Eastern Hills.

"He was in TAG – the talented and gifted class – and he certainly lived up to it," McDaniels said. "He was one of the smartest kids I ever taught, especially when it came to the social sciences and politics."

Kernell is the son of Tennessee Rep. Mike Kernell, a Memphis Democrat. McDaniels remembered that the father was living in Memphis while the son was living in Killeen with his mother, Dr. Lillian Landrigan.

"I don't know why, but I do know that the family kept in contact with each other," McDaniels said. "I remember David going to Memphis to visit his father, and I remember that his mother was very involved with (David) and always at school functions."

McDaniels remembered the young Kernell as "standoffish" and "kind of a loner" who was into computers and computer games, and he was an outstanding chess player. According to chess.com, Kernell was a United States Chess Federation-rated player while still living in Killeen in 2001.

"I really don't think the other kids knew what to make of him," McDaniels said. "Politics was a big thing for him. He was really into it.

"He stood head and shoulders above everybody else in the political spectrum. I was a political science major in college, and he could hold a conversation with me – a coherent one."

McDaniels said when the stories began to surface about the hacking into Palin's e-mail and he "heard that the FBI was looking into the son of a Tennessee legislator," he put two-and-two together pretty quickly.

"I found his blog online, the one with the picture of him, and the blog about the e-mail and it sunk in," McDaniels said. "He was the kind of kid you could not forget."
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information