Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Presidential Elections

Thanks

Default Re: 2008 Presidential Elections

I don't think he'll pull Biden either. He doesn't care for Hillery and has no desire to potentially have her as a VP for 4 years. I'd be very very surprised if he did.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Man, Obama's remarks regarding a pig and lipstick were absolutely appalling.

The Ebay ad was WAY over the line.

Both parties should be ashamed of themselves, and offer an apology.

Thanks

Excerpt: The Consequences of Rejecting Hillary

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...5/545moqlh.asp

Party unity. Democrats have come together fairly well behind the Obama-Biden ticket--but not as well as they would have if Obama had chosen Clinton. We still hear from disgruntled Hillary backers. Reporters have discovered they're easy to find at McCain-Palin rallies. Polls can't tell us how many will ultimately vote for McCain and Palin. But a chunk of them will--perhaps a few million--which means that Democrats aren't as unified as they might have been.
    Ohio and Pennsylvania. Republicans figured these states, notably Pennsylvania, were all but goners if Clinton won the Democratic nomination. Even as veep, she'd have had a favorable impact. When she was passed over by Obama, Republicans jumped for joy. Ohio, which a Republican presidential candidate has to win, now leans McCain. Pennsylvania, which is crucial to a Democratic candidate's chances, has become a ripe target of opportunity for McCain.
    Arkansas. As a Southern state, Arkansas is inclined to vote Republican in presidential races unless there's a compelling reason not to. One of those reasons: a Clinton on the Democratic ticket. Without Clinton, Arkansas moves into the leaning (strongly) McCain camp.
    Vice presidential debate. This is a no-brainer. Who would be the easier opponent for Palin to face in the nationally televised debate on October 2? Clinton or Biden? The tough woman or Senator Windbag? Biden will have to be on his best behavior and treat Palin gingerly. Clinton wouldn't have had to.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

It remains to be seen, we'll see what happens. But...this could be the warm up.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...r-pick-for-vp/

Biden: Hillary Clinton ‘Might Have Been a Better Pick’ for VP

by FOXNews.com
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Joe Biden said Wednesday that Hillary Clinton “might have been a better pick than me” to be Barack Obama’s running mate.

The Delaware senator was responding to an audience member at a town hall meeting in Nashua, N.H., who criticized Clinton and said it’s a good thing Obama chose Biden over her.

“Make no mistake about this, Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Lets get that straight,” Biden said in Clinton’s defense.

“She’s easily qualified to be vice president … and quite frankly, might have been a better pick than me. But she’s first rate. I mean that sincerely. She is first rate. So let’s get that straight,” he said.

I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

If the pubs continue to lay low- it could be a landslide.

Sarah needs to carry a lot of info in her blackberry and remind all that she's doing her homework and engage in debates as an educationl forum for Americans.

Biden asks what do you know about Burma or Myanmar- boom data from the boombox- advisors cited. Let's talk about Islam militant training camps in Pa? What do you know, Joe- we're working on a plan. A bill. Like the new patriot and immigration bill we're workin on.

A few punches on the amount of campaign funds wouldn't hurt. The pubs should lay low and work.

Wouldn't hurt if Mcain and Palin could manage a few high fives or a durable bump fist.

here's a knee-jerker for polarized society.

Tennessee Rep. Steve Cohen riled Republicans Wednesday after he compared Barack Obama to Jesus Christ and suggested Sarah Palin is akin to Pontius Pilate.
    The Tennessee Democrat, who supports Obama, was on the House floor giving a one-minute speech when he offered the comparisons.
    “If you want change, you want the Democratic Party,” Cohen said. “Barack Obama was a community organizer like Jesus, who our minister prayed about. Pontius Pilate was a governor.”
    http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...lin-is-pilate/

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

You know he said "governor", sami, NOT Sarah Palin; therefore let's not keep making all of these outlandish assumptions!

And this isn't the first time. I came across this the other day:

http://strata-sphere.com/blog/index.php/archives/5896

Excerpt:

Today on CNN’s Situation Room Blitzer (who cuts off all good points favoring the GOP) had Donna Brazile and James Carville demonstrate the SNAFU status in the DC/NY Media and liberal talking heads. At one point in the show Donna Brazile tried to cement the image of The Messiah, and actually compared Barack Obama to Jesus Christ (the community organizer) and Sarah Palin to Pontius Pilate (the Governor). Can’t wait to see that one on You Tube!

I guess now the poor liberals will start chanting how they are being crucified by the oppressors. I have never seen such laughable God-Complexes as these lame liberals trying to connect to religious people. Can they look any dumber? Well, after Brazille suggested Obama would be parting the waters and saving the Earth Carville went off on mind-numbing policy wonk statistics just to emphasize how inside the beltway he and the dems were - after of course slamming small town America as unable to produce leaders for this nation.

Just when you don’t think the left could screw up any more they go off another cliff. So, when will Obama turn my water to wine dems? Does any one need any more evidence Palin has the left spooked to the point of insanity? Can The Messiah save them? I think we know which party is mentally prepared (and stable) enough to lead now.

Thanks

Here's poll results just for fun:

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/pollQuestion

Do you think Barack Obama's "lipstick" comment was a slam against Sarah Palin?

Poll Results:
    Yes
    81.20%
    No
    18.80%
    Total number of votes: 3383
    Last edited by Aplomb; September 11th, 2008 at 05:28. Reason: added a splash of pink :)

Thanks

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi...g.html?showall

September 10, 2008
    Categories: John McCain CBS takes down McCain webad, suggests it's 'misleading'

YouTube has removed a webad that casts Sarah Palin as the victim of sexism on the request of CBS, whose anchor Katie Couric was featured in the ad.

“One of the great lessons of that campaign is the continued and accepted role of sexism in American life," Couric is quoted in the ad.

In the original clip, which aired months before Palin entered the race, Couric was talking about Hillary Clinton. The ad applies her words to Palin.

Asked about the ad, CBS spokeswoman Leigh Farris said, "CBS News does not endorse any candidate in the Presidential race. Any use of CBS personnel in political advertising that suggests the contrary is misleading."

YouTube's page displaying the ad now tells visitors, "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by CBS Interactive Inc."

Couric's original commentary can be seen here. McCain still has the ad, "Lipstick," on his website.

Thanks

Is there even a historical precident for a Presidential candidate selecting a VP, starting the final leg of campaigning, then swapping out VPs just 3 months prior to the election? I'm certainly no historian, but I can't think of any.

Thanks

I don't know about anything like this happening prior to this election, which by the way is less than 2 months away. I really think this is going to happen, before the debates. That will make the race much tighter, and the bottom line is winning.

Thanks

2 months. Brain hicup.

Which would make a swap even more bizarre. I'll put $20 fictional internet dollars down he doesn't do it. It would come off as being desperate.

Thanks

How about $500? lol, one of us will owe the other lunch, Toad.

Here's what I think. I believe that if this switchout occurs, it will be done with the notion that the dems will keep the votes that they already have and will gain them a good number of those 18 million votes that are saying they would rather go with McCain. It makes perfect strategic sense to me. Even though some would shake their heads and wonder how Obama could change his mind on the veep choice, I think that won't effect their vote for the democratic party, if they are already decidedly dem. And I do believe it will bring back some of those lost votes. I think it is a good risk to take.

However, from what I've been reading by disgruntled Hillary supporters, no matter what they will not vote for Obama. It remains to be seen if they would in fact change their minds with their champion for women on that ticket. My bet is that not even half of them will vote Obama after they all have convinced one another about what a backstabber he is. This is exactly how many women think. The bottom line on that is how can he be trusted, after he uses Hillary to win the presidency, what will he do to her next? He'll probably find a reason to have her criminalized and removed anyway. I do not mean to say that this is what would happen, but that this is what women would believe about it. It would be better, I believe that they will think this way, for McCain to win this year and for Hillary to run for the presidency next time around in a race that they can all be unified in and go for the win without backing an s.o.b. and turning their valid complaint of unfairness and sexism into just non-significant female p.m.s. whining. I think a number of them will write Hillary in, but not enough to matter. This is a McCain-Palin win.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Put me down in the highly doubtful category. If it were done, it would be under such a thin veneer that even the simplest of simple minded Democrats (isn't that all of them?) could see through. And I honestly cannot see anyone voting for a ticket that changes like that.

Plus, can you imagine the ads that the McCain camp could run... Obama is so indecisive and unprepared to lead, he can't even make a solid pick of whom his running mate is! There are no do-overs when the rubber hits the road, etc., etc.

I just cannot see Hillary accepting a grudging 2nd place pick for 2nd fiddle. And honestly, I wouldn't put it past Hillary to turn him down or, privately accept then wait for Biden to step down and then publicly turn down Barry. Something that would humiliate Obama to the point where he couldn't run again and she could run in 2012.

Thanks

I wrote that on the fly, so hopefully it was understandable. Sorry.

And I should add this: Let's say there really is some private negotiation going on with the Obama camp and Hillary Clinton regarding accepting the veep position. I think she wants it even though she already knows that Obama is ruthless in eliminating real and perceived opponents, meaning it would be a risk for her to jump on it. She will probably want to be begged, and initially decline the opportunity. This is why I am guessing that Obama is going to appeal to her supporters to convince her that they want her to do it. I think that she will accept the offer afterall, though, because she may want to appear to show party unity and because it will be a redemption of sorts, having a public spanking of Obama for passing her over. I wouldn't be surprised if she initially turned it down but I would be shocked if she doesn't end up taking it when she sees her loyal followers appealing to her. At that point, she just may believe that the democrats can win having her on the ticket, and she will be able to have more influence in government as she desires, along with the most urgent matter--keeping the republicans from being able to appoint conservative justices.

Thanks

I kinda look at it this way.

Back when McCain was selected, there was quite a bit of disgruntlement among conservatives who swore they would never vote for him. As the weeks and a couple months went by, anger and irritation subsided and they're now back on board. The same thing is happening to the Democrats right now with Hillery supporters. They're angry and irritated they didn't get their girl. And let's face it, if you supported Democrat ideology and Hillery agenda, you will not support Palin for anything other than she's female. There are two months left. With time, anger and irritation will subside and Hillery supporters will drif back just like republicans did with McCain.

The question is, in just 2 months, will there be enough of them drifting back to matter? The McCain ticket is just moderate and centralist enough to hold quite a few of them. He's a social moderate by any standard. This is where a lot of democrats focus. Hillery supporters will drift back in time to the democratic ticket, but just how many in just 2 months. This is the make or break question. (In my mind.)

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

To be honest with you, the ONLY reason I've decided to cast my vote for McCain is SOLELY for Mrs. Palin.

If McCain had gone out and picked another moderate like Mitt Romney or someone similar, there is a pretty good chance I wouldn't even cast a vote for President this election. The only other possibility is if I had managed to work up enough spite against Barry to vote against him despite the Republican party shoving another moderate down our throats.

But because he did pick a Conservative and a Conservative that would be perfect for grooming for the Presidential spot in a future election in the VP seat, I will be voting for him. And I can tell you, there are a number of others out there with the similar mindset.

Thanks

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...ck-923488.html

Team Obama plans lunch with Clinton to plot fightback

By David Usborne in New York
    Tuesday, 9 September 2008

The campaign team behind Barack Obama has been regrouping after 10 days of media fascination with Republican vice-presidential pick Sarah Palin, dispatching Hillary Clinton into Florida and advertising a lunch summit this week between their candidate and Bill Clinton.

Democrats sense trouble as John McCain, the Republican nominee, rides a surge in his poll ratings which seem to reflect his bringing Mrs Palin, the Governor of Alaska, on to his ticket. A new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey put McCain and Obama on 48 per cent each.

Speaking in Kissimmee, near Orlando, Mrs Clinton said voting for McCain-Palin would saddle America with "more of the same". She spoke of the failure of Republicans to address the voters' economic woes. "I didn't hear the Republicans address the needs of real Americans," she said. "I don't think it could be any clearer what the choice should be."

After putting off a planned return to Alaska over the weekend, Mrs Palin continued to campaign alongside Mr McCain at a large rally in Kansas City, Missouri.

The Republicans aired a new television ad. "The original mavericks," it began. "He took on the drug industry. She took on big oil. He battled Republicans and reformed Washington. She battled Republicans and reformed Alaska. They'll make history."

Democrats hope fielding Mrs Clinton will hold woman voters in November. Aides cautioned, however, that she was unlikely directly to attack the Alaska Governor from the stump. There will be no Clinton-Palin "cat-fight", former Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson said. Mr Obama will complete the healing of rifts between himself and the Clintons at a lunch with former President Bill in New York on Thursday.

Democrats and much of the media are anxious to see how Mrs Palin performs away from Mr McCain, particularly when protective barriers are lifted to allow reporters to question her. Under pressure to show she is up to scrutiny, the Governor has agreed to a one-on-one interview with ABC news. In a Fox interview, President Bush said: "I find her to be a very dynamic, capable, smart woman, who, you know, it really says that John McCain made an inspired pick." Condoleezza Rice declined to comment on Mrs Palin.

An unexpected problem for the Democrats came after Mr Obama was talking about religion on ABC TV on Sunday. He inadvertently said "my Muslim faith". He immediately corrected himself – he is a Christian – but not fast enough to stop conservative bloggers rekindling rumours that he is Muslim.

Well, actually, he didn't correct himself, he was midway through his sentence and was corrected by the interviewer. I feel cheated out of hearing what he was going to say. Lunch is on.

Hmmm...just my wondrous imagination again supposing it could be worse for Obama than a switch in veeps:

"The last thing you want to hear is that you are blowing it, Barack, but you know it's true. We've lost, you know that. You should have had Hillary on that ticket and you know that. Palin wouldn't even be an issue if you had just done that. Do I think she'll accept your offer for vp? Here's what I think---seeing that you've been served and now today there's the press release announcing the motion for expedited discovery. That Berg is a (insert swear words) for doing this. Hillary didn't have anything to do with that. The judge can't help us. And you haven't dispelled the rumours. Let's say you can't produce those documents, let's say you have something to hide here, maybe like being a Muslim. Well that might be all right, particularly with Hillary as your running mate...on the other hand, like maybe being ineligible to run for the presidency...now that's a different matter entirely. I think we'd better handle this thing somehow before the election for the presidency is a forfeit altogether."

http://www.obamacrimes.com/

PLAINTIFF BERG FILES MOTION for EXPEDITED DISCOVERY and the DEPOSITION of BARACK OBAMA and HOWARD DEAN
    Press release and motion attached below
    (Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania – 09/10/08) - Philip J. Berg, Esquire, the Attorney who filed suit against Barack H. Obama challenging Senator Obama’s eligibility to serve as President of the United States, filed a Motion for Extensive and Expedited Discovery including the Depositions of Barack Obama and Howard Dean, Chairman of the Democratic National Committee [DNC] with a Special Master in the case of Berg vs. Obama, Civil Action No. 08-cv-4083, on 09/09/08. Berg stressed to the Court the urgency of this case as, we the people, are heading to a “Constitutional Crisis” if this case is not resolved forthwith.
    Philip J. Berg, Esquire
    555 Andorra Glen Court, Suite 12
    Lafayette Hill, PA 19444-2531
    Cell (610) 662-3005
    (610) 825-3134
    (800) 993-PHIL [7445]
    Fax (610) 834-7659
    philjberg@obamacrimes.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
    # # #

Thanks

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb-staf...hread#comments

Open Thread

By NB Staff (Bio | Archive)
    September 11, 2008 - 10:39 ET

For general discussion and debate. Possible talking point: Will Hillary replace Biden as Obama's running mate?

Before scoffing at the notion, consider the bump McCain-Palin has gotten in the polls, the state of panic being demonstrated by Democrats and media, and Biden saying yesterday that Hillary would have been a better choice.

If polling numbers don't improve for Obama before the first debate, what other options does he have to shake up the race? After all, he's not a great debater, and no matter what the folks on the left think about Biden, he could end up looking foolish against Palin for a number of obvious and maybe not-so obvious reasons.

Enter Hillary, and a ticket that lost all of its excitement on August 29 instantaneously gets it back. Thoughts?

Thanks

http://newsbusters.org/

Palin Shown As Lipsticked Pig in Cartoon Days Before Obama Remark

By Ken Shepherd | September 11, 2008 - 16:09
    Four days before the infamous "lipstick on a pig" remark by Sen. Obama, Gov. Sarah Palin was depicted as the lipstick-wearing porcine embodiment of "Federal Budget Earmarks" in a St. Louis Post-Dispatch cartoon by R.J. Matson (see picture at right; h/t tipster Chuck Hodges).
    Yesterday NewsBusters contributor Warner Todd Huston noted that Obama's remarks sounded remarkably similar to a speech bubble in that ran in a Tom Toles cartoon the same day, September 5, in the Washington Post.
    It's not too far-fetched to say Team Obama is cribbing his stump speech laugh lines from the liberal funnies.

Thanks

Are any of us really surprised by this? we've known for a long, long time that the democrats don't just disagree with our politics, they outright hate us. it's that simple. I'd like to take this moment to say the feeling is mutual, but the difference is Republicans by and large have class and are for the most part, above such behavior and actions.

ev

Thread Information