Thread: So...What Are You Reading?

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default So...What Are You Reading?

About once a year, I ask the folks I know what they are reading in an effort to build a purchasing list.

So, what's black and white, and red all over?

FYI, I'm currently reading:

1. Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee - new read
    2. Love And Hate In Jamestown - new read
    3. Lone Survivor - I read this book in 2 days - man, this is one outstanding story about Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell and Operation Redwing. Highly recommended.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: So...What Are You Reading?

Unfortunately, I don't find myself with much free time to read. But, I have been slowly picking my way through Do-Gooders: How Liberals Hurt Those They Claim to Help (and the Rest of Us). Mona Charen definitely backs up all her statements with hard facts and figures.

I've got a few others on my "To Read" list but can't vouch for their quality one way or another since I haven't read them.I hope to get to those soon as they all sound like they are pretty good.

Thanks

I don't have a lot of time, either, unfortunately, for book reading. Would you give me credit for internet reading of articles, Backstop?

I am working on getting through the book of Proverbs (again, since it's one of my favorites), Confessions of a Closet Catholic which is a light and funny read about a teenaged Jewish girl who feels close to a Catholic friend and shares her youthful misdeeds in her closet w/ God and w/ the reader, and a history book: What Went Wrong? The Clash Between Islam and Modernity in the Middle East by Bernard Lewis. I read to the children, from The Magic Treehouse series, and assorted childrens books. We started reading Eragon together, and the C.S. Lewis series, but ended up cheating and watching the movies instead. We will hopefully, as a family, get one or two of those books done by the end of the year. And I will probably have a day sometime soon where I want to just sit and read the book of Esther and marvel and laugh about the recorded events in that book. I seem to get a few things actually read by having a variety of interests going simultaneously depending on my mood.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I'm reading the dreams of Juan Bosco (Catholic saint- orphan lover, and gifted xtraordinarily). I am profoundly lacking in the fine qualities of kindness which he expressed, and learning to accept one quality of humility which he learned from our Lord- paraphrase- "but these are my disciples, my children- and they're off to hell? Didn't I love them and give them good counsel?" - JC: Yes. And are your counsels and love greater than mine?

I learned sumthin.

I also cut out all the heavenly references from Revelations and read them frequently. The hellish ones are obvious and pop to mind as well, but these are sad times and I do highly recommend meditation and reading about heaven. Only the pure enter. Hmmm.
    Mercy me, Lord, for I am surrounded by enemies and anger often.

http://www.catholicgarden.com/bosco.html

http://www.todayscatholicworld.com/bosco_hell.htm

Above are two - one heavenly and a hellish road dream.

Here are some "prophecies" and some wayward ones.
    Bosco has proved to be exact and symbolic imho, for charity's sake. I believe many of the "prophecies" below cited to include demonic false ones- so there's no link, ... don't be distracted by the devil when he imitates Jesus or the Virgin Mary... he does a bad show.

here's the link-

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information