Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Russia's 5th Generation Fighter To Commence Tests In 2009

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Re: Russia's 5th Generation Fighter To Commence Tests In 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    Is it just me or does the T-50 look uncannily similar to the F-22?

Very similar, except theirs aren't grounded.

Here is an interesting video on the YF-23

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

On that vein, let me tell a quick story (I'm sure I've told it here before, so bear with me).

I visited Chengdu China in the 1980s as a Senior Radio Technician for VP Bush. I was in charge of setting up communications and interfacing with the local "telephone people". (People Telephone and Telegraph).

I set up antennas, radios and connected telephone lines into our consoles to control radio systems at the airport, along the motorcade route and at the hotel.

On the morning of the visit I was performing routing radio checks on the system and I could not hit the bird... er... satellite with the satcom. Putting a wattmeter on the antenna line I discovered a very high reflected power component. Basically, I saw no antenna at the other end.

I grabbed my guy and a Marine and went to the roof where I found the "gardener" and the "head chef" with my antenna laid out on two white sheets... in many, many pieces, taking pictures with macro lenses to get exact measurements.

I grabbed the first guy and told him he had 10 minutes to reassemble everything. They all claimed they didn't understand me, so I picked up the biggest of the three (they were very small people) and walked to the edge of the roof and said "Now do you understand me?" as I threatened to drop him.

He suddenly spoke very GOOD British English saying "Yes Sir, I understand very well. We will put it all back together for you right away, Sir".

The Marine didn't believe his ears, but remained there guarding the antenna for us until it was all put back together. In 10 minutes I might add.

So, I'm sure they have similar yagi type antennas in their inventory now.

This of course was reported back to various channels, including CIA and our own counter intelligence folks. I don't know the outcome for certain, but I'm SURE they made duplicate antennas and figured out what the frequencies for the radios were and so forth.
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Fuckers.

What a perfect response to an unreasonable situation.

Thanks

Russian Air Force to get supermaneuverable aircraft

April 13, 2012
    newsru.com
    The Russian Air Force has started working on modernizing the domestic military aircraft fleet ahead of the completion of the fifth-generation jet fighter.

PAK FA. Source: Sukhoi.org

It has been decided to equip current fighter models with available thrust-vectoring engines. The first batch of upgraded fighters will be handed over to the Air Force by late 2020. It is also planned that all new T-50 fighters will have become operational by then.

“When a plane powered by a regular engine is taken to a wide angle of attack at low speeds, it loses control and stability and starts moving independently of the pilot’s commands, i.e. the plane moves randomly. The Su-35 has perfect controllability at any speed, even at negative speeds, for instance, when the plane drops tail-forward. The pilot can effectively put the plane in any angular position,” Sergei Bogdan, a Su-35 and T-50 test pilot, explained to Izvestiya.

A spokesman for the Sukhoi Corporation told Izvestiya about the planned delivery of new supermaneuverable aircraft to the Air Force. A source with the United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) confirmed this and added that the 117S (AL-41F-1) 3D thrust vectoring engines would be used to power not only the Su-35 and PAK FA (T-50 Prospective Airborne Complex of Frontline Aviation), but also the Su-30MK2 and Su-30MKI aircrafts. The Russian Air Force has signed its first contract with the Irkut Corporation for the delivery of 30 such planes to the Army.

A mock-up of the AL-41F-1 engine made by the Ufa Engine Industrial Association (UMPO) was recently presented by United Engine Corporation Managing Company (UEC) at the Defexpo India 2012 Security Systems Exhibition. The AL-41F-1 is a heavily upgraded version of the AL-31F engine with a thrust enlarged by 2.5 tons compared with the basic version. The vectorable jet nozzle with thrust vector control ensures supermaneuverability at low speeds and other unique features of the aircraft powered by the engine, the UMPO press service said.

The first batch of these engines was delivered to Sukhoi back in the summer of 2010. UMPO plans to supply 96 more engines to equip 48 Su-35 fighters by 2015.

Read more:

The world’s first thrust-vectoring engine appeared in the export version of the Su-30 meant for India. The first contract for the delivery of such planes was signed more than 10 years ago. India currently operates 150 Su-30 aircrafts and plans to contract the delivery of another 100 machines. Furthermore, Russia supplies Su-30 models powered by these engines to Malaysia and Algeria.

“This is the same Indian version, but it is designed for our Air Forces and has Russian-made avionics. All of the new Su-27 class aircraft will now be powered by thrust-vectoring engines, because since 2011, the Defense Ministry has mostly sought to buy new machines,” a UEC spokesman said. According to him, technically these engines can be installed even in older planes, because they tend to wear faster than the body; however, when the time comes to replace the engines, they will likely install regular engines without vectorable jet nozzles, as the Air Force has plenty in its arsenal. As of now, the planes powered by the new engine are only used at pilot training centers.

Engines with vectorable jet nozzles will also power the MiG-29K carrier-based fighter aircraft, which the Defense Ministry is procuring for the Admiral Kuznetsov, the country’s only aircraft carrier. Klimov Engine Plant is already making these engines for the MiG fighters sold to India under the Admiral Gorshkov contract.

Aircraft designers keep working to perfect the PAK FA T-50, despite the fact that many developed countries have given up on their fifth-generation fighter plans to focus on sixth-generation unmanned aircraft. Experts agree that it would be reasonable to follow suit; however, Russia has neither the money nor time to develop its sixth-generation machines – the Russian aircraft fleet has not been upgraded in more than 20 years.

The T-50 took its maiden flight in January 2010. Completion of the missile systems designed specially for this fighter is scheduled for 2014. Sixty T-50 fighters are expected to be delivered to the Air Forces by 2020.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Russian Commander Explains Air Force Acquisition Plan

AIN Defense Perspective » March 30, 2012 by Vladimir Karnozov

Russian Air Force commander Gen. Alexander Zelin said the service plans to acquire aircraft from Sukhoi and Yakovlev, among others, under the country’s Weapons Program 2011-2020. (Photo: Vladimir Karnozov)

March 30, 2012, 11:22 AM

Russian Air Force commander Gen. Alexander Zelin has elaborated further about aircraft acquisition plans under the country’s Weapons Program 2011-2020. His comments addressed the Sukhoi series of combat aircraft, as well as airborne early warning (AEW) aircraft, airlifters and the Yak-130 jet trainer.

Zelin said that the air force will acquire about 60 Sukhoi PAKFA (T-50) fifth-generation fighters by 2020. “The T-50 is intended for air-superiority missions...and will be flown by first-class pilots only,” he said.

Zelin also said that the grand total of Sukhoi Su-30SM two-seat and Su-35 single-seat fighters to be acquired would be about 100. On March 22, Russian defense minister Anatoly Serdyukov and Irkut president Alexey Fedorov signed a contact for 30 Sukhoi Su-30SMs for delivery in 2013-2015. This is the domestic version of the Su-30MK already exported to Algeria, India and Malaysia. State acceptance trials are slated for next year. As for the Su-35, a total of 48 have been ordered so far.

Zelin said that the Russian air force will acquire a total of 140 Su-34s. To date, 124 have been placed under contract. The Su-34s will allow for a substantial increase in the national nuclear deterrent force, and also be used for launching long-range missiles at maritime, land and aerial targets, he added.

The commander also called for additional Yakovlev Yak-130 advanced jet trainers to be used for preparation of Su-34 and Su-35 fighter pilots. The airplane was also selected as a platform for development of a light strike aircraft.
    The A-100 AWACS aircraft that was announced last year will include additional functions such as maritime target identification and the control of UAVs, Zelin said.

The Russian air force wants “not less than 300 airlifters in different payload capabilities,” Zelin said. The restart of Ruslan heavylifter production is still being pursued, specifically the more advanced An-124-300 version. In parallel, the air force will be getting the re-engined Il-76MD-90A, which will also be used for special missions and aerial refueling.

Regarding the long-delayed Antonov An-70 joint project with Ukraine, Zelin said, “We have eliminated the discrepancies taking place before.” Antonov will deliver to the Russian air force for evaluation an improved prototype now being assembled. If ever approved for production, Russian An-70s will be assembled in Voronezh, from kits produced at the Antonov plants in Kiev and Kharkov.

Zelin said the service has selected the An-140-100 as a temporary solution for a light tactical transport. The commander also confirmed plans to acquire 100 Multirole Transport Aircraft (MTAs), being jointly developed by Russia and India.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

In the Russian fifth-generation aircraft glass gold dust protects it from radar

05/04/2012 03:19.
    10 comments

The prospect of others to detect radar equipment on board T-50 decreased to 250 times

* Protective glass is made with three grams of gold and of `dust` indium and lead - in several layers. One layer thickness does not exceed 20 nanometers, and all layers are 90 nm

* Thanks to the protective layer of the opposing air defense radar signal does not `see` the aircraft cabin, and the apparatus which is installed in the aircraft remains invisible to the system elektronkis scouting opponents

RUSSIAN Scientific-Production Enterprise "technology" to produce the composite elements of the fifth generation aircraft T-50, is a patented and began to use the `unique` repellent layer that protects the glass cockpit pilots of radio waves and sunlight.

With this protective layer of the opposing air defense radar signal does not `see` the aircraft cabin, and the apparatus which is installed in the aircraft remains invisible to the system elektronkis opponent scouting.

Besides, the Russian pilots will be protected from the strong radiation of radar planes flying by. However, to looking glass through which the pilot remained clear, is used in the preparation of gold dust.

The inventors of the technology said they will make a glass of `dust` several metals - gold, indium and lead - in several layers. One layer thickness does not exceed 20 nanometers, and all layers are 90 nm. Regardless of such a small amount of metal, the chances of someone else's radar detected the equipment on board T-50 was reduced by 250 times!

In addition to radar problems solution, the gold-indium-lead layer solves another problem - the plastic protects the elements of the aircraft cabin from the influence of ultraviolet and infrared radiation.

It is expected that the new glass T-50 obtained after the tests performed.

The exact cost of this layer can not communicate, but it is several times cheaper than glass smog. In order for one aircraft was equipped with this new glass requires two to three grams of gold.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Must have been translated. The title, it seems, lost something in that translation. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Yeah I need to work on the russian google translation

Edit: There, fix it

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

For fifth-generation aircraft have gold-plated glass

Comments 23

Deposition of gold would make the cockpit and pilot's invisible to radar

Fifth-generation fighter T-50. Photo: RIA Novosti / Gregory Sysoev

In Obninsk NPP "Technology", which produces composite components for the fifth-generation aircraft T-50, developed a unique coating that protects the glass cockpit from the radio waves, and solar radiation. Thanks to him, the signal from the radar, air defense systems is not reflected from the cockpit, and the devices installed inside, remain invisible to the electronic systems of intelligence of the enemy.

In addition, the pilot is protected from intense radiation near the radar flying aircraft. However, for light aircraft remained transparent in the deposition is necessary to use gold.

As told "Izvestia" the chief designer of NPP «Technology» Vladimir Vikulin, make multilayer deposition of several metals - gold, indium and tin. The thickness of one layer is less than 20 nanometers (one meter - a billion nanometers), and the entire film - 90 nm. Despite this small amount of metal radiozametnost cockpit equipment is reduced by 250 times.

- In order to apply this coating, we have developed a special magnetron setup, which allows you to achieve a uniform coating thickness of each layer is 20 nm. Uniformity is very important: if the thickness exceed, change the optical properties of the cab, if you make too thin - electromagnetic radiation would be "leaking" - explained Vikulin.

According to him, for coating airplane lamp is placed in the autoclave from which evacuated. Then, a special electromagnetic gun evaporating metal "paint" coating uniformly applying the electrons on the surface regardless of its curvature.

- The combination of gold, tin and indium were chosen by fitting the spectra, which lasted several years. During this development by Oleg Prosovsky won government - told Vikulin.

In addition to radar, gold and indium-tin coating solves another problem - protects plastic parts cockpit from exposure to ultraviolet and infrared radiation. In 2010, due to the fragility of polymer ejection seat belts when the plane lost an Indian pilot - the strap holding it in his chair, burst. With the new coating that can be avoided.

It is expected that the new "lantern" T-50 will be equipped with after the tests.

- The main task of glass cockpit aircraft of the fifth generation, in addition to the low aerodynamic resistance and high strength - to hide from radar equipment cabin. The wings and fuselage covered with composite panels that are "hiding" the plane, but through the cockpit aircraft can unmask themselves, - said Vladimir Vikulin.

According to him, the same technology to defend itself from the radiation bath of the American counterpart of T-50 - the F-22 Raptor.

The exact cost of coverage has not yet disclosed, but Vikulin noted that it costs less than one million rubles, and several times cheaper than the lantern. To cover a sufficient light aircraft only 2-3 grams of gold.

Editor in chief of the agency profile "Airport" Oleg Panteleyev, believes that even if nanosteklo worth several times more expensive than usual, the total cost of the aircraft, this figure has not played a significant role.

- The main element of the giveaway - this, of course, aircraft engine, which gives the location of aircraft by the metal blade, - he said. - But the engine is able to close the watertight panels. A cab so simple can not hide - it should be transparent. Therefore, the use of such solutions - a necessary measure.

Читайте далее:
    http://izvestia.ru/news/519421#ixzz1yYSchhAW

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Fourth T-50 Stealth Fighter to Fly This Year

Sukhoi T-50 stealth fighter

© RIA Novosti. Alexei Druzhinin

6:55 14/06/2012

KORENOVSK, June 14 (RIA Novosti)

Tags: Sukhoi T-50, United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), Russia

Related News

Multimedia

Russia's United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) is to introduce a fourth Sukhoi T-50 stealth fighter into its test and development program this year, the company's President Mikhail Pogosyan said on Thursday.

"We are now testing three aircraft. A fourth will be brought in this year," he said.
    Pogosyan had said earlier this year that the firm would introduce a fourth aircraft into the test program but did not disclose when.

The first production standard T-50 is due to enter service with the Russian Air Force by 2015, and the first evaluation example by 2013. The service plans to acquire 60 of the fifth-generation fighters.

The T-50, also known as project PAK-FA, first flew on January 29, 2011 and was first publicly revealed at the Moscow Air Show in August that year. India will also acquire an advanced fighter aircraft based on the T-50.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Russian T-50 PAK-FA fifth generation fighter flies alongside the MiG-29M2 aircraft [Photographs]
    Russia's T-50 PAK-FA, fifth generation fighter, flies alongside one of its advanced, 4+ generation aircraft, the twin-seat MiG-29M2.

click on the photographs to view it in larger size

The aircrafts have been rehearsing for their performances during celebrations to commemorate 100 years of the Russian Air Force [including their earlier term of reference] at the Zhukovsky Air Show on August 11th & 12th.

The Indian Air Force [IAF] Chief, who is currently in Russia on an official visit, would also be witness to the festivities. Besides this, he is also expected to receive an update on developments plans of the T-50 PAK-FA, in which India too is a partner, especially for building a twin-seat variant of the aircraft, customised to IAF requirements, currently referred to as the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft [FGFA]. In addition, the Indo-Russian joint venture to develop a Multirole Transport Aircraft [MTA] too has been stated to come up for discussion. A visit of great significance.

Godspeed

Related: T-50 PAK-FA Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft [FGFA] carrying missiles in its internal weapon bay

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Companion Thread:

Sukhoi starts tests on PAK-FA’s radar

Vladimir Karnozov Moscow
    11:10 14 Aug 2012
    Source:

Sukhoi says it has started testing an active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar on its fifth-generation T-50 PAK-FA fighter in a statement issued on 8 August.

The company says that the radar is showing "considerable progress" in ground and flight testing. The performance demonstrated so far "corresponds to the existing level of best aviation systems available elsewhere", Sukhoi says. There are currently three flying T-50 prototypes, but only one is equipped with an AESA.

The Tikhomirov NIIP-developed AESA employs "advanced technologies of electronic control over the radar beam", Sukhoi says, which is a first for a Russian-built set.

The new radar will not only afford the PAK-FA the ability to detect targets from greater ranges, it will also enable the simultaneous use of air-to-air and air-to-surface modes. The radar can also engage several targets at a time using precision-guided munitions. Additionally, it features built-in target recognition and classification capabilities as well as secure communications and electronic countermeasures.

Sukhoi says that there is a growth path to integrating additional capabilities to the new AESA radar. But, because the system is designed to be modular, there could be other potential applications for the new system including retrofits to older aircraft types or even air defence systems, the company says.

Sukhoi also is continuing to wring-out other systems onboard the PAK-FA. For example, testing of the jet's "optical channels" has started, the company says.

Additionally, a fourth PAK-FA prototype could soon be joining the test fleet.

Mikhail Pogosyan, president of Russia's United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), told reporters at the Farnborough airshow in July that a fourth PAK-FA prototype would start flying "shortly". He added that by start of the show, the three current prototypes had flown 120 test sorties.

Pogosyan said that Russia will continue to build fourth-generation fighters for the export market alongside the PAK-FA. That would offer customers a choice between relatively inexpensive conventional warplanes and the high-priced fifth-generation machines.

Meanwhile, Sukhoi continues to test its other new fighter. The new Su-35 variant of the venerable Flanker has accumulated more than 600 flights, Pogosyan said. Later this year, UAC must deliver six such aircraft to the Russian air force, he added.

Sukhoi says that volume production of the Su-35 "starts in 2013". Currently, the aircraft is undergoing weapons firing trials.

In the future, the Su-35 could be fitted with the PAK-FA's new AESA, replacing its current passive electronically scanned array RLPK-35 "Irbis" radar, Sukhoi says.

New X-band Active Phased Array Radar Being Tested On Russian T-50 Fighter Jet

August 9, 2012. 10:55 am • Section: Defence Watch

Posted by: David Pugliese

The Russian news agency RIA Novosti is reporting that Russia’s Sukhoi aircraft maker has started tests of a new onboard radar system for its 5th generation T-50 fighter jet. The company announced the tests on Wednesday.

More from RIA Novosti:

The new X-band active phased array radar has been installed on the third prototype of the T-50 fighter and showed a stable and effective performance comparable with the most advanced existing radar systems.

The radar has been developed by the Moscow-based Tikhomirov Scientific Research Institute of Instrument Design using elements of nanotechnology.

It has an extended target acquisition range, works simultaneously in “air-to-air” and “air-to-ground” modes, allows attacking multiple targets, and provides electronic countermeasures capabilities.

The T-50, also known as project PAK-FA, first flew in January 2010 and was first publicly revealed at the Moscow Air Show in 2011.

At present, three T-50 prototypes are being tested under a PAK-FA test and development program while a fourth plane is expected to join the program this year.

The Russian Defense Ministry is planning to purchase the first 10 evaluation example aircraft after 2012 and then 60 production standard aircraft after 2015.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Monday October 22, 2012
    Meet the Sukhoi PAK FA T-50, a plane that Peru should buy

By: Dr. Martin Manco

Photo: Generaccion.com

After making a thorough analysis of our better defense, we must conclude that Peru should take a big step forward and buy a gun and effective deterrent, better if in the order of secret weapon.

In this case we refer to the stealth fighter Sukhoi PAK FA T-50, Russian-made fighter much like the U.S. F-22 Raptor, which has a lot of versatility in combat, capable of hitting multiple targets simultaneously and fighters.

The Sukhoi PAK FA T-50 is invisible to radar, enabling the radar and aircraft bombing ground enemies undetected, in a surprise attack and lethal.

In our opinion, with 3 of these aircraft Peru would have the ability to dominate enemy airspace within hours, so our MiG-29 and Mirage 2000 can enter then, almost without opposition and make "surgical bombing".

It should be noted that the Sukhoi PAK FA T-50 is a versatile hunting dangerous, with better performance than the F-22 Raptor, and even the cost is much lower than the American fighter.

E INVINCIBLE fearsome weapon ...

This modern and powerful air gun would be a great deterrent. In case of a possible conflict with Chile, would be a game of frontline combat, able to neutralize any air defenses in northern Chile.

If Peru could acquire it secretly, and camouflage somewhere in our vast territory, it would also be impossible to be photographed by satellite Chilean FASat-Charlie.

With this game, we would not only lethal but effective deterrent, in a possible conflict could attack even the Chilean naval vessels whose radar could not detect them.

As we noted earlier, virtually with 3 fighters of this type, we ensure full air dominance in a conflict. In modern warfare, which dominates the skies has secured victory.

The Sukhoi T-50 is definitely an effective deterrent and lethal weapon.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

SUKHOI/HAL FGFA

Posted by parthkapadia1234 on July 8, 2012

The Sukhoi/HAL Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) is a fifth-generation fighter being developed by India and Russia. It is a derivative project from the PAK FA (T-50 is the prototype) being developed for the Indian Air Force (FGFA is the official designation for the Indian version).

Two separate prototypes will be developed, one by Russia and a separate one by India. According to HAL chairman A.K. Baweja (speaking shortly after the India-Russia Inter-Governmental Committee meeting on 18 September 2008), the Russian version of the aircraft will be a single-seater, the Indian version will be a twin seater, analogous to the Su-30MKI which is a twin seat variant of the baseline Su-27. The plane is scheduled to enter series production in 2019.

Development

India will eventually spend over $25 billion to induct 166 PAK FA and 48 FGFA advanced stealth fighter aircraft. This will be in addition to the huge investments to be made in co-developing FGFA, as with the infrastructure required to base, operate and maintain such jets in India. IAF’s Air Chief Marshal Naik said that the FGFA will be a swing-role fighter with advanced avionics, super cruise, stealth to increase survivability, enhanced lethality, 360 degree situational awareness, smart weapons, data-links, high-end mission computers and the like. Along with 126 medium multi-role combat aircraft, which India plans to acquire, 270 Sukhoi-30MKIs contracted from Russia, and 220 indigenous Tejas Light Combat Aircraft, the FGFA will be the mainstay of India’s air combat fleet for the foreseeable future. This, in addition to the remaining 50 odd Mirage 2000 fighters, 61 MIG-29 SMT, and the 125 MIG-21 Bison operational till 2017, will help the IAF to reach the sanctioned strength of 44 squadrons.

The joint-venture borrows heavily from the success of the Brahmos project. Russia and India had agreed in early 2007 to jointly study and develop a Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft Programme (FGFA). On October 27, 2007, Asia Times quoted Sukhoi’s director, Mikhail Pogosyan, “We will share the funding, engineering and intellectual property in a 50-50 proportion.” The Indian version, according to the deal, will be different from the Russian version and specific to Indian requirements. While the Russian version will be a single-pilot fighter, the Indian variant will have single and twin-seat configuration based on its operational doctrine which calls for greater radius of combat operations. The wings and control surfaces need to be reworked for the FGFA.

Although, development work has yet to begin, the Russian side has expressed optimism that a test article will be ready for its maiden flight by 2009, one year after PAK FA scheduled maiden flight and induction into service by 2015.

By February 2009, as per Sukhoi General Director Mikhail Pogosyan, India will initially get the same PAK FA fighter of Russia and the only difference will be the software.

In 2011, it was reported that IAF will induct 148 single seat as well as 66 dual seat variants of the FGFA. IAF plans to induct the first lot of aircraft by 2017.

Design

Although there is no reliable information about the PAK FA and FGFA specifications yet, it is known from interviews with people in the Russian Air Force that it will be stealthy, have the ability to supercruise, be outfitted with the next generation of air-to-air, air-to-surface, and air-to-ship missiles, and incorporate an AESA radar. The FGFA will use on its first flights 2 Saturn 117S engines (about 14.5 ton thrust each). The 117S is an advanced version of the AL-31F, but built with the experience gained in the AL-41F program. The AL-41F powered the Mikoyan MFI fighter (Mikoyan Project 1.44). Later versions of the PAK FA will use a completely new engine (17.5 ton thrust each), developed by NPO Saturn or FGUP MMPP Salyut.

Three Russian companies will compete to provide the engines with the final version to be delivered in 2015-2016.

HAL negotiated successfully to get a 25 per cent share of design and development work in the FGFA programme. HAL’s work share will include critical software including the mission computer, navigation systems, most of the cockpit displays, the counter measure dispensing (CMD) systems and modifying Sukhoi’s single-seat prototype into the twin-seat fighter as per the requirement of the Indian Air Force (IAF).

Russian expertise in titanium structures will be complemented by India’s experience in composites like in the fuselage. A total of 500 aircraft are planned with option for further aircraft. Russian Air Force will have 200 single seated and 50 twin-seated PAK FAs while Indian Air Force will get 166 single seated and 48 twin-seated FGFAs. At this stage, the Sukhoi holding is expected to carry out 80% of the work involved. Under the project terms, single-seat fighters will be assembled in Russia, while Hindustan Aeronautics will assemble two-seaters.

According to HAL chairman A.K. Baweja on 16 September 2008, HAL will be contributing largely to composites, cockpits and avionics. HAL is working to enter into a joint development mechanism with Russia for the evolution of the FGFA engine as an upward derivative of the AL-37. Speaking to Flight magazine, United Aircraft chief Mikhail Pogosyan said India is giving engineering inputs covering latest airframe design, Hi-Tech software development and other systems.

PAK FA and FGFA

The difference between PAK FA and the FGFA will be similar to that between Su-30M and Su-30MKI. Su-30M is a standard Russian version of a plane, whereas the Su-30MKI (MKI stands for “Modernizirovannyi Kommercheskiy Indiski” meaning “Modernized Commercial India”) was jointly-developed with India’s Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for the Indian Air Force. The Su-30MKI includes 2.5D Thrust Vectoring Control (TVC) and canards. It is equipped with a multi-national avionics complex sourced from India, Israel, Russia and France. Further the FGFA will be predominantly using weapons of Indian origin such as Astra, a Beyond Visual Range missile (BVR) being developed by India, although in keeping with the Russian BVR doctrine of using a vast variety of different missiles for versatility and unpredictability to countermeasures, it can be expected to have compatibility with many different missile types. Ashok Baweja stated that “The Indian FGFA is significantly different from the Russian PAK FA because a second pilot means the addition of another dimension, development of wings and control surfaces.”

The FGFA may also include systems developed by third parties.

The completed joint Indian/Russian versions of the single seat or two seat fighters will differ from the current flying prototypes through the addition of stealth, supercruise, sensors, networking, and combat avionics for a total of 43 improvements.

Specifications (PAK FA and FGFA – projected)

Characteristics

• Crew: 2 (pilot)
    • Length: 22.6 m ()
    • Wingspan: 14.2 m (46 ft 7 in)
    • Height: 5.9 m ()
    • Wing area: 78.8 m² (848 ft²)
    • Empty weight: 18,500 kg (40,786 lb)
    • Loaded weight: 26,000 kg (57,320 lb)
    • Useful load: 7,500 kg (16,535 lb)
    • Max. takeoff weight: 34,000 kg ()
    • Powerplant: 2 × Saturn-Lyulka AL-41F turbofan
      • Dry thrust: 96.1 kN (9,800 kgf, 21,605 lbf) each
      • Thrust with afterburner: 152 kN (15,500 kgf, 34,172 lbf) each

Performance

• Maximum speed: 2,100 – 2,500 km/h (Mach 2+) (1,305 mph+)
    • g-limits: (10-11 g)
    • Cruise speed: 1,850 – 2,100 km/h (1,150 – 1,300 mph)
    • Combat radius: 1,500 km ()
    • Ferry range: 5,500 km (3,400 mi)
    • Service ceiling: 20,000 m (65,617 ft)
    • Rate of climb: 350 m/s (68,898 ft/min)
    • Wing loading: 330 (normal) – 470 (maximum) kg/m2 (67 (normal) – 96 (maximum) lb/ft2)
    • Thrust/weight: 1.19
    • Runway: 350 m (1,148 ft)
    • Endurance: 3.3 hrs (198 mins)

Armament

• Guns: 2× 30 mm internal cannon
    • Hardpoints: 16 total, 8 internal, 8 on wings.

Avionics

• Radar: N050 BRLS AESA/PESA Radar (Enhancement of IRBIS-E) on SU-35
      • Frequency: X (8 – 12 GHz)
      • Diameter: 0.7 m (2 ft 4 in)
      • Targets: 32 tracked, 8 engaged
      • Range: > 400 km (248 mi)
        • EPR: 3 m² (32.3 ft²) at 400 km (248 mi)
        • RCS: 3 m ² to 400 km, 1 m ² to 300 km, 0.5 m ² to 240 km, 0.1m ² to 165 km, 0.01M ² to 90 km.
        • Azimuth: 240 ° (± 120 °)

• Power: 5,000 W
      • Weight: 65 to 80 kg (143 to 176 lb) courtesy :- wikipedia.org

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Testing of the new engine for the PAK FA in 2014

Scientific production association "Saturn" the beginning of a new engine for the preparation of the future fighter T-50 (PAK FA) for bench testing. On this, as reported by "and-mash," said Yevgeny Marchuk, General Designer, Director of the Scientific and Technical Center Cradles name, part of the "Saturn". Engine test in 2014.

"In iron engine will be ready in two years, and will begin bench testing, will go to finishing. This - essentially a new engine, so it creates a long enough" - said Marchuk. According to him, the weight of the new power plant will be 30 percent less than that of the AL-41F1 ("Item 117", the modified version of the engine AL-41F1S for the Su-35), known as the engine of the first stage.

As expected, the life-cycle costs will also be almost a third less than that of the AL-41F1S and according Marchukova, "he should be cheaper." New engine for the PAK FA engine known as the second phase or "Type 30" will be significantly different from the currently used "Products 117". The latter will be installed in the first production car, until the end of the development of "Type 30".

A new propulsion system for the T-50 is still unknown for many. According to preliminary data from the AL-41F1 engine will differ increased thrust and improved fuel efficiency. According to unconfirmed reports, the power plant will be able to develop a thrust of 107 kN in cruise flight and 176 kN afterburning mode.

In April 2011, the general director of "Saturn," Ilya Fedorov said that the establishment of the second stage engine is ahead of schedule, and the beginning of new power plants supply the Russian Defense Ministry is scheduled for 2015. In the same year, the Russian air force to do the first production T-50.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Russia’s Stealth Fighter Could Match U.S. Jets, Analyst Says

November 16, 2012

Russia’s T-50 stealth fighter prototype, the first radar-evading warplane outside the U.S. when it debuted in January 2010, is slightly less stealthy than the American F-22 and about equal to the smaller F-35. But in several other respects the new warplane from the Russian Sukhoi design bureau is actually superior to the American models.

That’s the surprising conclusion of the first-ever public scientific analysis of the T-50′s Radar Cross-Section (RCS), completed this week by Dr. Carlo Kopp, an analyst with the independent think tank Air Power Australia.

“The shaping of the T-50 is inferior to that of the F-22 Raptor,” Kopp writes in his dense, jargon-heavy report. But the F-35 and T-50, he adds, exhibit “similar … RCS behavior.”

But Kopp’s assessment of the T-50 comes with caveats. Quite a few of them, actually. To match the stealthiness of the Lockheed Martin F-35 — to say nothing of the company’s F-22 — Sukhoi’s engineers will have to, among other changes, modify the T-50′s engines to a less obtrusive fitting and add a layer of radar-absorbing material to the plane’s skin.

With the revised engines and skin, the T-50′s “specular RCS performance will satisfy the Very Low Observable (VLO) requirement that strong specular returns are absent in the nose sector angular domain,” Kopp writes. Translated into plain English, Kopp’s saying that an optimized version of the Russian jet could be very, very difficult to detect by most radars as it’s bearing down on them.

Major refinements are standard practice as stealth prototypes go through development, it’s worth noting. The F-22 and the F-35 underwent big design changes as each was developed over 15 years or more. The T-50, only four of which have been built, has been flying for just under three years and isn’t scheduled to enter frontline service until 2016 at the earliest. There’s time for the Russians to finesse the design, just as the Chinese are doing with their stealth planes.

Granted, by 2016 the Americans could possess hundreds of combat-ready F-35s plus the roughly 180 F-22s already in service. The T-50 could make up for its lateness with impressive performance that in some ways exceeds even the F-22′s vaunted capabilities.

One Russian advantage is what Kopp calls “extreme plus agility” — a consequence of the T-50′s “advanced aerodynamic design, exceptional thrust/weight ratio performance and three dimensional thrust vectoring integrated with an advanced digital flight control system.”

The second advantage: “exceptional combat persistence, the result of an unusually large 25,000-pound internal fuel load,” Kopp writes. The T-50 could keep flying and fighting long after the F-22 and F-35 have run out of gas.

Moreover, the T-50 will dodge certain radars better than others, according to Kopp — and U.S. sensors are among the worst at detecting the T-50′s unique shape, he contends. Kopp’s breakdown of T-50 RCS by radar type shows Chinese “counter-VLO radars,” specifically designed to spot American stealth planes, detecting the T-50 best.

The next best sensors to use against the Russian fighter is the UHF radar aboard the U.S. Navy’s E-2 early-warning planes. American fighter radars, including those aboard the F-22 and F-35, are of middling effectiveness against the T-50, Kopp asserts.

“No fundamental obstacles exist in the shaping design of the T-50 prototype which might preclude its development into a genuine Very Low Observable design,” Kopp concludes.

In other words: Watch out, America! You’re now only one of three countries with a truly radar-evading warplane in the air.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

The 5th T-50 takes off...
    Russian fifth-generation jet fighter takes off

January 10, 2013 Andrei Kislyakov, exclusively for RBTH

The decision to introduce the new fighter is long overdue: the United State launched it seven years ago and China is also trying to keep pace.

The Russian Armed Forces will soon put into service the fifth-generation T-50 PAK FA jet fighter (Prospective Airborne Complex of Frontline Aviation). The decision to introduce the new fighter is long overdue: the United State launched the F-22 Raptor seven years ago. China is also trying to keep pace, as it has started testing its own fifth-generation fighter.

In late December, Viktor Bondarev, Commander-in-Chief of the Air Force, said that the trials of the fifth-generation PAK FA fighters would start at the testing facility in Akhtubinsk in March 2013.

View the infographic: Russian fifth-generation fighter jet

Three machines are being tested at Zhukovsky Airfield in the Moscow region, the fourth fighter is undergoing factory tests, and the fifth one is ready for acceptance. In March, the five machines will fly to Akhtubinsk to begin government testing. The rest of the machines will be delivered there from the factory.

By the end of 2013, eight T-50 fighters will have been accepted following trials in Akhtubinsk,” said the general.

According to Bondarev, the tests of advanced fighters will take 2-2.5 years. In 2015-2016, the T-50 will be delivered to active Air Force units.

The T-50 is equipped with an all-new avionics complex and an advanced radar station with a phased antenna. The plane made its maiden flight to Komsomolsk-on-Amur on 29 January 2010; the fighter was officially presented to the public on 17 August 2011 at the MAKS 2011 International Aviation & Space Salon in Zhukovsky near Moscow.

Many of the T-50’s technical features are classified, however based on data received from public sources, specialists insist that the PAK FA is ahead of its foreign peers based on a few important features, including maximum speed (both using afterburners and without them), ferry range, thrust/weight ratio, and maximum g-load.

The T-50 is operated by a single pilot. The machine has a maximum speed of 2,600 kilometres per hour. Its ferry range is 4,300 kilometres at altitudes of up to 20 kilometres. With a maximum takeoff weight of 37 tons, the fighter is capable of carrying up to 10 tons of armaments, including the GSh-30-1 30 mm cannon, guided missiles of various types and ranges, as well as precision guided bombs. Up to eight external and ten internal suspension points can be installed to attach armaments. More than ten innovative types of weapons have been developed for the PAK FA.

Foreign media have also praised the Russian plane as having clear advantages over the American fifth-generation planes. In mid-autumn, Australian military analysts at Air Power Australia issued a report comparing the Sukhoi PAK FA with its American peers F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightening II. Based on their conclusions, the new Russian jet fighter is superior to its existing foreign analogues based on many of its features.

The T-50 uses a new aerodynamic design that minimizes heat and optical signature.

The significant proportion of composite materials used in the fighter, up to 70% in the body skin and 40% of the entire structure, makes the plane virtually invisible to radars. The fighter is equipped with innovative radar systems designed by the Tikhomirov Scientific Research Institute, which, coupled with the two onboard computers, ensure target detection at a range of up to 400 kilometres, tracking of up to 60 air targets and shooting at up to 16 targets at a time. Its radio warfare systems and infrared reduction systems effectively protect the plane from air defence weapons, specifically, from the radars currently operated in the United States, the report reads.

Experts also mention the remarkable flight characteristics of the T-50. The machine is powered by two AL-41F-1A turbofans with an integrated digital control system featuring 2D thrust vectoring. The use of high-performance engines resulted in a very high thrust to weight ratio, which stands behind the T-50’s air superiority, higher missile and bomb load, service ceiling and speed characteristics.

Another advantage of the T-50 over its peers is its unusually high fuel capacity, which enables it to carry out longer missions and ensures longer ranges as compared to the F-22 and F-35.

The Russian fifth-generation T-50 PAK FA fighter is therefore capable of becoming the leader among its competitors.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Russia began to experiment with the fifth and sixth aircraft T-50 fighter aircraft

Mar 05, 2013 09:27 News microblogging

T-50 fighter

BEIJING, March 5, according to Itar-Tass reported that Russia's United Aircraft president Mikhail Pogosyan told reporters on Monday, said that Russia began to experiment with the fifth and sixth, fifth-generation T-50 (PAK FA the frontline aviation prospects aviation system) fighter.

Four T-50 involved in the flight test program, which last a fighter flew outside Moscow Zhukovsky independently from the Far East in January of this year.

He said: "There are two aircraft involved in this system ground test program," he added, work according to plan. As of today, on schedule to complete 200 test flight.

Viktor Bondarev, Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Air Force in this said before the end of 2013 there will be eight such aircraft participating in the trial. He said bulk supply to the army the fifth-generation T-50 fighter should start in early,2015-2016.

T-50 (PAK FA frontline aviation prospects aviation system) is a fifth-generation aircraft, equipped with new avionics systems and the prospects for the radar system, with a phased array antenna. The first flight Amur Komsomolsk on January 29, 2010, the first public display of the fighters held in Zhukovsky, outside Moscow, August 17, 2011 at the International Aviation and Aerospace Exhibition (MAKS-2011 ).

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

PAK FA Jet Ready for use in 2015

QNA 1353 GMT 2013/04/24

at 21:28

Russia's fifth-generation stealth
    jet fighter will be ready for use in 2015, its designer said on Monday, as Prime Minister Vladimir Putin pressed the aviation industry to design a new strategic bomber.

Moscow is scrambling to update its ageing fleet of military aircraft. It test-flew a long-awaited stealth fighter at the end of January, presenting it as Moscow's first all-new warplane since the 1991 Soviet collapse and a challenge to the technological supremacy of its Cold War foe the United States.

Asked to compare his brainchild to the U.S. F-22 Raptor, built more than a decade ago, the Russian jet's chief designer Alexander Davydenko told reporters: "The basic features are the same but we tried to do it better."

He said Sukhoi, which produced the T-50 prototype of the jet, had simulated duels with the U.S. stealth fighter.

"I think we will have a competitive price. As for the efficiency-and-cost ratio, we will be much better," Davydenko said.

The first MiG-29 and Su-27 prototypes of the previous fourth generation took to the air in 1977. Analysts say several nations, including Libya and Vietnam, had expressed interest in the fifth-generation fighter.

Putin, who toured Sukhoi's design bureau in Moscow on Monday, said Russia still had much work to do before it starts producing the plane.

"Before this machine can go into serial production, there are over 2,000 test flights left. There is still a lot of work ahead," he told a government meeting on the aviation industry.

PUTIN WANTS NEW BOMBER

Putin also urged the industry to begin designing a new bomber.

"We should not confine ourselves to developing just one new model. After the fifth-generation fighter jet, we must think and get down to work on a next-generation, long-range aviation complex -- our new strategic missile carrier," Putin said.

Russia has a large fleet of Soviet-era Tu-95MS turbo-prop strategic bombers codenamed "Bears" by NATO. It has a much smaller number of more modern, supersonic Tu-160 "Blackjack" jet bombers, the world's biggest warplanes ever built.

Sukhoi CEO Mikhail Pogosyan said he saw his company's market share growing from 13 percent of the estimated global $200 billion market in 2006-15 to 15-16 percent of the $300 billion market in 2016-25.

He said three more experimental fighters would be built by the start of next year. Davydenko said 2015 was the deadline for delivering the plane to the armed forces.

Analysts from the Moscow-based Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies (CAST) said in a survey published last week that the T-50 prototype's engines did not measure up to new-generation fighters in terms of thrust-to-weight ratio and fuel economy.

The T-50 will also be produced in a 50/50 joint venture with India and could be armed with jointly made BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles, Davydenko said.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information