Thread: Syria Mulls S-300PMU2 System

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Syria Mulls S-300PMU2 System

Syria Mulls S-300PMU2 System
    Syria has been discussing the procurement of the advanced S-300 air and missile defense system from Russia.

Industry sources said Syrian President Bashar Assad was briefed on the S-300PMU2 during his visit to Moscow. They said Bashar has agreed in principle to procuring the S-300 and focused on price and other details with his Russian interlocutors.

"Syria wants a strategic air defense system that would present a major threat to Israeli warplanes," a source said. "I think Assad will buy and deploy the S-300 over the next few months."

The S-300PMU2, known as Favorit and produced by Almaz, has been priced at more than $600 million per unit. The sources said Russia has agreed to reduce the price of the long-range air defense systems in exchange for Russian Navy basing rights at the Syrian ports of Latakia and Tartus.

Banned
    Thanks

Default Re: Syria Mulls S-300PMU2 System

Ryan & all;

The FR post of the MENL report contain data which are very old news. We covered this issue back between June and September of 2006.

Thus this FR/MENL report is recycled information most astute OSINT analysts will chuckle upon seeing it posted again as "new news". In fact, it might even be seen by some analysts as being a quite disinformative bit of reporting.

First of all, I posted the following back in June 2006.

http://www.transasianaxis.com/vb/sho...50&postcount=5

Then there was this which I posted in mid-September.

It was a saga which began when the Cypriots temporarily impounded the Gregorio-1 freighter from North Korea.

Dagnabbit... I thought I posted the following material a week and a half ago.

Better late than never.

Here's what the Syrians want the Cyprots to release to them from the captured Gregorio-1 cargo ship which came by way of North Korea. This is the S-300-PMU defensive system that is to guard the forward deployment in western Syria of the advanced, nuclear-capable Iranian Shahab-3 missiles.

Here's an image of the entire suite (83M6E2) for the Russian-made S-300PMU-2 Moblie SAM Battery. 54K6E2 Command and Control (C2) vehicle is in the center. 64N6e2 Target Acquisition phased array 3-D radar is to the left, Clam Shell is to the rear near missile tubes.

High value strategic assets (Iranian Shahab-3) require the best anti-air threat defense possible - this is it. At some point the Shahab-3 will have nuclear warheads fitted to them.

Additionally, according to multiple reports I have seen, nearly 300 former Soviet scientists (with their families) have been employed in Iran for the past 15 years creating these "indigenous" Iranian nuclear warhead designs and the nuclear infrastructure to power them. These scientists are guarded by Russian Army Voiska spetsialnogo naznacheniya a/k/a Spetsnaz (Special Forces) troops.

Thread Information