Thread: Dearborn, Michigan Elects A Muslim Judge

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default Dearborn, Michigan Elects A Muslim Judge

I just heard another brick hit the floor.

Interestingly, I was only able to find blogs referencing his links to the Hezzies. Will continue searching - and will edit if I find this in error.

Debbie Schlussel.com

Debbie Schlussel: ISLAMerica: HEZBOLLAH JUDGE ELECTED in MICHIGAN!
    By Debbie Schlussel

Open Hezbollah supporter and extremist Muslim, David Turfe, was unfortunately elected Michigan District Court Judge in Dearborn Heights' 20th District. (Dearborn Heights is home to North America's second largest mosque, headed by the former spiritual leader of Ayatollah Khomeini's Iranian Navy, Imam Mohammed Elahi--a domestic agent of Iran & Hezbollah.)

Remember the Hezbollah rally I attended at the Bint Jebail Cultural Center a/k/a the Hezbollah Social Club, at the height of the war between Hezbollah and Israel--where speakers made a plethora of anti-American, anti-Semitic, anti-Christian speeches? Turfe was there campaigning, and openly supporting and cheering all of those statements. Not surprisingly, the Pro-Hezbollah/pro-HAMAS, Islamist Arab American PAC, which denies Israel's right to exist, endorsed Turfe. (AAPAC's then-Secretary Lola Elzein sent me and my family death, torture, and rape threats, coupled with Holocaust denial.)

And his close relative, Mohammed Turfe (I'm told that's his brother), was one of the speakers uttering those statements. From my July 26, 2006 column, "Hezbollah U.S.A, Part III: My Date at Dearbornistan's Hezbollah Social Club":

Haj Mohammed Turfe (AP incorrectly called him Mohammed "Torfah"), Founding Chairman of the Bint Jebail Cultural Center, gleefully and repeatedly spoke of how "only a few thousand Jews will survive Armageddon." This mantra, repeated often throughout the event, got raucous, deafening applause and cheers. Well, for once--I thought--extremist Muslims have respect for Christianity. . . when they can twist it to suit their fascist hopes and dreams.

The 20th District of Michigan is now apparently Hezbollah-occupied territory. And, apparently, many non-English speaking Muslims voted for Turfe, only Turfe, on the ballot Were they all legal U.S. citizens? Don't count on it. From our spy in Dearbornistan Heights:

The city had a large turn out. From what was witnessed...many many FOREIGNERS....couldn't even speak English. Lots of young people...headscarves & all.
    From what was observed, many ballots were marked off with 1 vote....for Turfe. Just goes to show how much they care about all the other issues. They have an agenda & we are losing a damn fighting battle !!!! Sad part is...We still outnumber them here...so far.

Final results from the Detroit Free Press:

20TH DISTRICT
    100% of precincts reporting
    David Turfe 8,524 51%
    Donald Rivard 8,138 49%
    Justice Mid-West style, Meet Justice Mid-East style.
    Pic of the new judge:

Thanks

Default Re: Dearborn, Michigan Elects A Muslim Judge

I could have predicted this. I used to live in that area of the world.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

From what was observed, many ballots were marked off with 1 vote....for Turfe. Just goes to show how much they care about all the other issues. They have an agenda & we are losing a damn fighting battle !!!!
    I've been a disgusted with this election myself. Here in Denver, there are illegals from Mexico with signs in their yards that say that they are Latinas and they vote. And I believe they did, too, being Bush haters.

I guess it's about time conservatives started realizing that we need to do something contrary to our "conservative" non-bias-pushing, live and let live nature and start to use the same tactics that the left uses. Infiltrate all lines of work, teach the correct biased views in the classrooms that educate children and young adults, get into journalism despite how difficult that is not being a liberal, and for God's and our country's future's sake--teach your children what is really going on in the world, that our way IS the right way, and push them to be politically active. Judges are typically re-elected term after term. And I'll bet none of us who write here have children who grow up to study for a law degree and take the power and stable financial and employment available in the position of being a judge.

I have 3 little ones left to raise yet, and as of this day I'll be changing a few things in my view of how to instruct and encourage them toward their goals and dreams in life. It used to be my desire for my children to do what they want to with their lives, as my elder children have done, and done well. Forget that. There is a new game in my home, and the winner is the first one to seriously get on that track to being a judge, and hopefully, when they are older and college-bound, it will also be done at least partially at the government's expense just for spite. Two Muslims working their way to the top of decision-making in our own country, and CAIR representatives being there at every little Muslim concern to teach us all sensitivity toward Islamic views and gaining wins at every turn---um, NO. This is just the beginning. The writing is on the wall for America. I am NOT tolerating this anymore. Off with my hockey gloves. I've had it! I will continue my own education as well. Like it or not, I'll be taking history and law. Mark my words, God-willing, my family is going to stand up to this shit.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I'll vote for you when it's time, Aplomb.

Thanks

Gee, thanks, Backstop. Boy do I have a lot of work to do. And then I'll have to move to Texas to collect my vote.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

Haha!

Thanks

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...print/asection

More Muslims Gaining Political Ground

Although Md. Delegate-Elect Doesn't Trumpet Faith, His Win Signals New Surge

By Michelle Boorstein
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Thursday, November 30, 2006; Page A01

Since Gaithersburg software engineer Saqib Ali was elected to the Maryland House of Delegates this month, he has been flooded with calls and e-mails from across the country asking: How'd you do it?

The calls come from American Muslims like Ali, who, longtime political watchers and Muslim activists in the area say, is the first Muslim elected to a statewide -- or districtwide -- office in Maryland, Virginia or the District.

Although the 31-year-old made little of his faith during the campaign -- in fact, he bucked those who said he should put it on his campaign literature -- he is part of a concerted march of Muslims into civic and political life.

His campaign was part of a push that began after Sept. 11, 2001, with worries about civil liberties and immigration policy and has blossomed this year.

Minnesota Democrat Keith Ellison became the first Muslim to be elected to Congress. In the D.C. area, eight Muslims ran for office in Maryland this year, significantly more than in previous years, although only Ali won. And initial polling data and anecdotal evidence suggest that significantly more Muslims in Virginia registered and voted this month than in previous elections.

According to data gathered by the Muslim American Society and the Virginia Muslim Political Action Committee, the number of Virginia Muslims who voted was up 13 percent from 2005. The vast majority of the estimated 51,000 Muslims who cast ballots in Virginia voted for Democrats.

There are no statistics from previous years on Muslim voters in Maryland, but according to a post-election poll done by the Muslim American Society and the Virginia Muslim Political Action Committee, there are about 50,000 Muslim voters in Maryland, three-quarters of whom voted Nov. 7. A large majority voted for Democrats, the groups' data show. The Virginia Muslim PAC is gathering voting data throughout the country.

Data collection on U.S. Muslims is relatively new and imprecise, and even estimates of the community's size range from 1 million to 7 million.

However, the available data mirror what activists and scholars of U.S. Islam say is indicated in anecdotal evidence: Muslims are quickly moving into the public sphere.

"It's very obvious that there is more involvement," said Zahid H. Bukhari, director of Georgetown University's Project MAPS, a long-term research project on American Muslims that estimates there are 1.5 million to 2 million registered American Muslim voters. "More Muslims are running for office; Islamic centers are becoming more of community centers; everybody is much more involved," Bukhari said.

Ali, whose parents were born in India and Pakistan, said he comes "from a family where they were always having political debates around the house, but then I found out that among all these family members who had all these grand ideas, none of them ever voted. There was a sense that, 'I don't like the way things are, but there's nothing I can do about it.' I thought: I'm going to show these people."

Starting in January, Ali will represent District 39, a horseshoe-shaped swath of land in Montgomery County. The area has a growing community of newly arrived South Asians and Latinos, and Ali said he focused on courting immigrants during his campaign in part because he thought they might not have voted before. He supports driver's licenses for residents regardless of their immigration status and in-state tuition for people who graduate from Maryland high schools; he opposes provisions of the federal Patriot Act.

"His pro-immigrant priorities completely jumped off the map for us," said Kim Propeack, advocacy director at CASA of Maryland, an immigrant rights group. "When I met him, I told him how happy I was to see someone with an unabashedly pro-immigrant attitude."

Ali did not talk much about his faith, however, which bothered some Muslims and non-Muslims, he said.

"I'm not hiding anything, but it didn't seem relevant. It doesn't make sense; no one advertises their church," he said.

In fact, candidates for public office often make faith part of their political identities. Maryland candidates Michael S. Steele, Douglas M. Duncan and Benjamin L. Cardin all spoke about their religious beliefs during their campaigns.

But running as a Muslim has its challenges. A Montgomery man was given a police warning during the campaign after he sat outside Ali's home with a sign saying "Islam sucks."

Amaney Jamal, a Princeton University political scientist who is working with the Pew Research Center on a survey of American Muslims, said that although civic engagement has been increasing, there has been a shift in focus from influencing Middle East policy to strengthening domestic institutions.

Muslim donors gave approximately $200,000 to Virginia candidates, up from $40,000 in 2002, said Mukit Hossain, director of the Virginia Muslim Political Action Committee.

Attendance at Muslim-oriented political events was also up, activists said. More than 600 people attended the Virginia Muslim Civic Picnic this summer, an event held for state candidates that has grown since it began in 2001. About 1,300 people attended a candidates' night a few weeks before the election at Falls Church mosque Dar Al Hijrah, Hossain said.

And last December, the Maryland Muslim Council formed to help field and promote candidates, among other things. Since the election, Hossain said, he has received phone calls from Richmond, Harrisonburg and Fredericksburg, as well as from other states where Muslims want to know how to form local political action committees.

"In this election, we saw a level of mobilization and engagement of Muslims that has never happened before," said Ibrahim Ramey, director of the Muslim American Society's human and civil rights division, at a news conference after the Nov. 7 election.

Activists at the news conference said they were celebrating the high turnout and the fact that Muslims apparently influenced a key election with national implications: James Webb's successful Democratic bid for the U.S. Senate seat from Virginia. The partisan leanings also were clear from the Webb lapel pin that Hossain wore.

Now that Muslims are starting to figure out how to turn out their vote, the horizon is becoming more complex. Heated debates are beginning over how prominent a role mosques will play in organizing people, whether Muslims will focus on civil liberties to the exclusion of social and economic issues, and whether they will remain a Democratic bloc, as they have since 2004.

"I don't want us to become overly dogmatic and introverted or to become a ghetto, as has happened in European countries," Hossain said. "I think the Muslim community can do a great job of bringing focus to social issues, whether they belong to the Muslim community or not. I hope, as we mature, we become a progressive force for other issues, not just civil liberties."

Since Ali won his race, he has been busy answering those requests for advice. "What I tell them is, know your community well, work hard and don't be a one-issue candidate," he said. "And don't let anyone paint you as 'the Muslim candidate.' "

Thread Information