Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Tracking North Korean Ship

Thanks

Default U.S. Tracking North Korean Ship

http://home.kyodo.co.jp/modules/fstS...storyid=278059

WASHINGTON, OCT. 19th KYODO

U.S. intelligence has detected the departure from a North Korean port of a North Korean ship suspected of carrying military equipment banned under a U. N. sanctions resolution against Pyongyang's Oct 9th nuclear test, CBS News reported Thursday.

The United States is tracking the ship, CBS said, noting that it remains uncertain what the ship is carrying and where its headed.

Should the ship be confirmed to be loaded with nuclear, missile or other related materials, it could be subject to the first maritime inspection under the sanctions resolution adopted unanimously Saturday by the U. N Security Council. The resolution, which imposes economic and diplomatic sanctions, rules out military opitions, which are strongly opposed by China and Russia.

The news report came a day after U.S. President George W. Bush vowed to deal with ships and airplanes and take all necessary measures to stop North Koreas transfer of nuclear weapons to other nations and non-state entities such as terrorists.

Bush warned North Korean leader Kim Jong ll in an interview with ABC News that Kim will be "held to account" and face "grave" consequences if Pyongyang sells nuclear arms.

Under the resolution, U.N. members are required to conduct maritime inspections and take other measures, if necessary, to stop North Korea's transfer of nuclear, missile and other military equipment.

Jag

Thanks

Default Re: U.S. Tracking North Korean Ship

I think we're being baited.....

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thanks

can anyone dig up more info on this ship? very important to me. please forward any data you find and post it here. im looking and will share what i find too, but please dig a little im very interested in this. thanks all,

ev

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post

Should the ship be confirmed to be loaded with nuclear, missile or other related materials, it could be subject to the first maritime inspection under the sanctions resolution adopted unanimously Saturday by the U. N Security Council.
    ??? How do we determine with any degree of certainty what is on board this ship without boarding and inspecting the ship on the high seas?

Fact is.... we can't determine squat without boarding and searching the vessel.

Jag, this Japanese article as written is patently ridiculous and completely ignores the most recent example of the Panamanian-flagged ship, Gregorio I, which - for reasons still unclear - docked in Cyprus and was temporarily impounded because its manifest was not as claimed but consisted of 18 complete truck-mounted SAM systems - SAM systems which North Korea does not even produce!

The UN acted with its embargo because of the DPRK nuke test.

Too bad, just a couple of weeks too late, as the Syrians, and by default the Iranians, got their state-of-the-art air defense systems released from Cyprus to defend their offensively oriented Shahab-3 missile base in western Syria.

And today we hear world media uniformly reporting the Lil' Kim is saying "I regret setting off my nuke."

Really?!?

Since when does the all-powerful Dear Leader of Stalinist North Korea blink in front of world condemnation?

Answer: He doesn't. The Little sock-puppet Kim Jong-Il is playing his part perfectly to a perfectly choreographed scenario in my humble opinion.

Joey said just above that he thinks we're being baited.

He's right, but that's just the tip of the iceberg of the Trans Asian Axis operation going on right now. We're being baited alllll-righty then... baited for one hell of a sucker punch.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; October 20th, 2006 at 13:37.

Thanks

There is one other way to find out what is on the ship... wait til it arrives at the destination and have someone standing there watching the unloading. Pretty simple.

Of course if it offloads at sea (say a sea-launched nuclear cruise missile from china, tipped with a nuclear warhead, headed for DC) again, we'll know right away, won't we.

Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

By the way, Fox news is reporting this "development" now today. It's 9:34 ET (7:35 MT).
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Osborne View Post
    And today we hear world media uniformly reporting the Lil' Kim is saying "I regret setting off my nuke."

Really?!?

Since when does the all-powerful Dear Leader of Stalinist North Korea blink in front of world condemnation?
    No kidding. My B.S. meter pegged off the chart when I heard that statement. It was simply what he had to say at that time and place to move one step forward. Pure gamesmanship. He's no more sorry than I am I put extra jelly on my toast this morning. What a load.

Thanks

Claim it is a spy ship and board the SOB, they still owe us for the USS Pueblo!

http://www.usspueblo.org/
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

Umm Ladies and Gents, this story might be bigger than we imagined.

Fox news just reported there are "reports of weapons being on that ship".

Rick
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

UPDATE: Fox News just reported, 10:25 MT on my computer that the ship being tracked appears to have "weapons of some sort". In case we're not up on this, several news agencies reported this morning that a ship leaving North Korea and being tracked by Japan, and apparently now the US Navy. This is a freighter, "suspicious" and currently I'm watching the news live. The US Navy is apparently enroute and the Pentagon is not "wishing to escalate tensions". At this point the ship is believed strongly to be carrying weapons, and we may "take down" that ship. (Greg Kelly, FOXNEWS, at the Pentagon reported most of what I just entered here).
    Libertatem Prius!

Banned
    Thanks

I expect that the Red Chinese PLA or PLAN may signal to the US Navy a "green light" to do whatever we need to do regarding that ship.

Thanks

You "expect" that huh? lol.

What in Heaven's name makes you "expect" this, pray tell.. ?

Libertatem Prius!

Banned
    Thanks

Rick,

Did you see my update? Are you following that discourse?

Or do you think I'm just blowing this out of my backside? LOL.

You should know by now that I do not flip cowpies out for public consumption.

Thanks

yes, am now, thanks. I missed several of those messages, as they are not, or did not show on my "New Posts" check I do several times per day.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

THIS SHIP IS BEING MONITORED. IT OBVIOUSLY IS BECAUSE WE HAVE GOOD REASON TO MONITOR IT. the fact that ship is at sea and is still under surveillance means they are not talking about who what and why. read between the lines. there are SEVERAL instances of ships being boarded forcibly and covertly by naval special warfare for specific reasons. thats ALL im gonna say. read between the lines. if there is something aboard this ship, its gonna be handled.

but thats not important its being taken care of. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS ON BOARD, I WANT TO KNOW WHERE ITS ULTIMATE DESTINATION IS, AND I WANT TO KNOW WHO THE MERCHANDISE BEING SHIPPED BELONGS TO (WHO PAID FOR IT, AND WHY).

there is another option as well. we have a limited number of SSN's operational, but they are there and they are very VERY capable of tracking merchies. and even more so, they are special operations capable and they are capable of sinking a merchie without so much as a blink and it would be VERY hard to prove what happened.

this ship will not make its destination without being boarded and searched.

ev

Thanks

i am hoping anyone can post here with relative whereabouts of this merchie, along with course, heading and speed data, as well as name, tonnage, crew and cargo manifest.

ev

Thanks

Kyodo says the ship is suspected of carrying military equipment banned under UN sanctions. Find out exactly what is banned, besides the obvious, and it may help narrow down the possibilites.

Which brings up another point. What happens when a country violates UN sanctions, more sanctions?

Quote Originally Posted by eversman View Post

there is another option as well. we have a limited number of SSN's operational, but they are there and they are very VERY capable of tracking merchies. and even more so, they are special operations capable and they are capable of sinking a merchie without so much as a blink and it would be VERY hard to prove what happened.

ev
    If the ship is carrying WMD, I think your scenario is correct. We could all wake up tomorrow and the ship is gone.

Thanks

catfish, that has happened before.

ev

Thanks

N. Korean Ship Sailing Without Inspection

10-27-2006

A North Korean ship, which the United States and Japan suspect of carrying military equipment, is on a voyage without any inspection after stopping at Hong Kong for refueling, a top South Korean security official confirmed yesterday.

Song Min-soon, the chief presidential secretary for security affairs, said at the National Assembly that the ship, named Ponghwasan, left Nampo of North Korea on Oct. 19 and has been sailing southward after fueling up at an outer port of Hong Kong.

His remarks came in response to a question by an opposition party lawmaker, who doubted China¡¯s volition to comply with the U.N. sanction on North Korea since its nuclear test on Oct. 9. ``I heard the Chinese authorities did not take any steps to inspect the ship,¡¯¡¯ he said.

Song added, as far as he understands, the North Korean ship is a refrigerator ship. ``China has a position that it would intercept North Korean ships if they are suspected of carrying materials related to military equipment,¡¯¡¯ he said.
    In the meantime, Hong Kong has detained a North Korean cargo ship over suspected safety violations, the second such detention since U.N. sanctions mandated all North Korean ships be inspected for banned cargo, according to foreign news reports on Friday.

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nati...2250910600.htm

Jag

Thanks

This whole "NK ship" things seems to have gone off the radar screen.

Have you heard any rumblings about the ship Sean?
    Was it just a refrigerator ship after all?

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thread Information