Thread: Radiological Threat to NFL Stadiums (Confirmed Hoax)

Thanks

Default Radiological Threat to NFL Stadiums (Confirmed Hoax)

Some Jihadi posted some messages and now it's breaking all over the place.

"mentioned NFL stadiums in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland, where games are scheduled to be held this weekend."

I think it's just Jihadi flatus, but i'll investigate more tonight and see if there is any substance to it. My gut reaction is that there is not. These camel jockies don't warn in specific.

-Mal

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Radiological Threat to NFL Stadiums

Dang, no Pittsburgh...

(That one's for you Brian! )

Now why in the world would they waste a radiological device on "The Mistake on The Lake" (a.k.a. Cleveland)? I'm frankly insulted they picked them instead of Cincy!

Goofy camel humpers....

Banned
    Thanks

DHS officially looks upon this as "extremely dubious". Still they caution maintained situational awareness and physical security procedures.

However, I must add... the idiot anarchist that posted this crapoleum has no freaking concept of world time zones, be they within Pacific-US, Eastern-US or Mecca time.

Doofus.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; October 19th, 2006 at 02:20.

Thanks

As I suspected...

-Mal

---------------
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,222423,00.html

Milwaukee Man Questioned in Football Stadium Threat

Thursday, October 19, 2006

WASHINGTON — The FBI was interviewing a Milwaukee resident Thursday believed to be responsible for posting what officials think are phony threats on a Web site about radiological dirty bomb attacks on NFL football stadiums this weekend.

The person, described only as a young adult, did not appear to have any ties to terrorist groups, according to a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.

The threats, which were posted on the Internet site a week ago, were not seen as credible and were not backed up by intelligence indicating such an attack might be imminent, according to the FBI and the Homeland Security Department.

Homeland Security on Wednesday alerted the NFL and authorities in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland, saying they were acting "out of an abundance of caution."

Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke on Wednesday said the threat was viewed "with strong skepticism." Still, the agency contacted the National Football League, local authorities and stadium owners. Also notified was the National Collegiate Athletic Association.

The online posting, dated Oct. 12, was part of an ongoing conversation titled "New Attack on America Be Afraid." It appeared on a Web site, "The Friend Society," that links to various online forums and off-color cartoons. The site's Internet provider declined to comment.

The message said trucks would deliver radiological bombs to stadiums in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland — and that Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden would claim responsibility.

A dirty bomb would use conventional explosives to scatter radioactive material. Such a blast probably would not cause many deaths, experts say, but the fear of contamination could spark panic. Land and buildings hit with radioactive particles might be unusable for years.

Authorities traced the site's Internet provider to Voxel Dot Net Inc., which has support and engineering staff based in Troy, N.Y. A man who answered the phone at Voxel Wednesday declined to give his name, said he was unaware of the posted threat and refused further comment.

The author of the threats, posted at 9:31 p.m. EDT on Oct. 12, identified himself online as "javness."

Thanks

Text of the message

Here's the text of the message:

On Sunday, October 22nd, 2006, there will be seven "dirty" explosive devices detonated in seven different U.S. cities; Miami, New York City, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland. The death toll will approach 100,000 from the initial blasts and countless other fatalities will later occur as result from radioactive fallout.

The bombs themselves will be delivered via trucks. These trucks will pull up to stadiums hosting NFL games in each respective city. All stadiums to be targeted are open air arenas, excluding Atlanta's Georgia Dome, the only enclosed stadium to be hit. Due to the open air, the radiological fallout will destroy those not killed in the initial explosion. The explosions will be near simultaneous, with the cities specifically chosen in different time zones to allow for multiple attacks at the same time.

The 22nd of October will mark the final day of Ramadan as it would fall in Mecca. Al-Qaida will automatically be blamed for the attacks. Later, through Al-Jazeera, Osama bin Laden will issue a video message claiming responsibility for what he dubs "America's Hiroshima".

In the aftermath civil wars will erupt across the world, both in the Middle East and within the United States. Global economies will screech to a halt. General chaos will rule.

Thanks

Blogger Admits NFL Threat a Scam

October 19, 2006 3:16 PM
    Brian Ross Reports:
    Federal agents tell ABC News a man in Milwaukee has admitted sending phony NFL terror threats as part of a "writer's duel."

The agents say the Milwaukee man and a second suspect in Texas attempted to "outdo" the other in producing the scariest terror threat.

According to the agents, the Milwaukee man said he used the Internet to find future football games and combined them with Ramadan dates to concoct a believable terror story.

The suspect interviewed in Texas has corroborated the Milwaukee man's story, according to the agents.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/FBI_NFL_hoax_statement.pdf

Banned
    Thanks

Default Re: Radiological Threat to NFL Stadiums (Confirmed Hoax)

Well, as I understand it, "javness" is a known quantity anarchist and there's far more to this than the touchy-feely media is reporting.

Thanks

Default Re: Radiological Threat to NFL Stadiums (Confirmed Hoax)

Probably a lot more to it, but probably no radiological weapons.

I know that there are anarchists out there, we've dealt with them directly at Anomalies, and I've dealt with them in the old days (AppleVenture ][ BBS) both in DC and CO. I'm afraid that they will always be there.

To some degree, I agree with people about "government". Too much of it, a lot of it just needs to stop existing one day, no reason, just go away. I DISAGREE that police are too much, and that we ought not have a military.

The world is too fouled up to do away with the law enforcement authories or military.

But, a couple of nut cases trying to out do one another when it comes to "the biggest terror scenario" is just what it appears to be, two lame brains who got out of hand.

Now, if they were posting this as ideas of what to expect (hell we do things like that ALL THE TIME) and made sure people knew this was opinion, speculation or guessing, they'd have not been looked at twice.

NOW however, they are in trouble, and at least one will be charged soon with something under the Patriot Act. (Oh boy, look out for the leftists on THIS one).
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information