Thread: Most Canadians blame U.S. for 9/11

Thanks

Default Most Canadians blame U.S. for 9/11

WTF???.......When did Canada become "France-lite"??

I'm disgusted with them...but should have fully expected it from the Montrealers.

================================================== =========

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/07092006/...ame-u-s-9.html

New poll says most Canadians blame U.S. for 9/11 attacks

Thu Sep 7, 11:50 AM

A majority of Canadians believe U.S. foreign policy was one of the root causes that led to the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, and Quebecers are quicker to criticize the U.S. administration for its international actions than other Canadians, a recent poll suggests.

Those conclusions are found in a newly released poll conducted by Léger Marketing for the Association for Canadian Studies.

The poll suggests that 77 per cent of Quebecers polled primarily blame American foreign policy for the Sept. 11 attacks. The results suggest 57 per cent in Ontario hold a similar view.

When participants were given the option of choosing more than one cause for the attacks, two-thirds blamed Islamic fundamentalists and their anti-Western views, while a third pointed the finger at Israel and its position in the Middle East.

Canadian opinions have hardened against the United States and its role on the world stage, said Jack Jedwab, executive director of the Association for Canadian Studies. The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq have contributed to a change of heart among people, he said.

But Canadians are divided on whether their government should pay more attention to issues fuelling extremist organizations in the Middle East, he said.

"There are a lot of people who think we should be listening closely [to extremist groups] and that there is an opportunity to dialogue with these sort of groups," said Jedwab Wednesday. "So it is showing a real ideological divide on some of these issues."

There's a growing need since the Sept. 11 attacks for balanced public education about terrorism, added Jedwab. "There is a tendency to see in these movements something more romantic than actually exists. That's something we need to keep debating in the country."

Léger Marketing interviewed 1,508 Canadian adults from Aug. 22 to Aug. 27. The poll results are considered accurate within 2.5 percentage points 19 times out of 20.

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thanks

Default Re: Most Canadians blame U.S. for 9/11

It's so easy to push a meme forward if enough people repeat it "The Policies of the United States, caused this attack".

The problem with that, is it would take detailed, volume after volume of evidence to refute it. Hence a lie told often enough becomes the truth.

Ask those same people to name one specific and they couldn't. Oh, there may be a grievance here or there that's legitimate..but they'd be minor ones. "Troops on Holy Soil" or somesuch comes to mind. Of course, we pulled out of Saudi, but it doesn't matter to them.

-Mal

Banned
    Thanks

This can be seen in a different light...

The poll suggests that 77 per cent of Quebecers polled primarily blame American foreign policy for the Sept. 11 attacks. The results suggest 57 per cent in Ontario hold a similar view.
    The poll of Canadian opinion is correct; many American's feel the same way.

The Clinton Administration's anti-terror policy was non-existent. And the US government's lack of reaction or total inaction as a direct result thereof, led directly to the events of 9/11.

From the WTC attack of February 26, 1993 and all subsequent terrorist strikes against the US both here and abroad, the complete absence of meaningful response by Clinton Administration and President Clinton, failing miserably to act pursuant to the Oath's of Office, encouraged further and more significant attacks by the islamofascists and their state sponsors in Iraq, Iran, Syria and North Korea.

When participants were given the option of choosing more than one cause for the attacks, two-thirds blamed Islamic fundamentalists and their anti-Western views...
    No problem here, 2/3rds is an overwhelming majority seeing the truth of the matter.

The poll and the commentary about the opinions sampled by it is clearly being spun by leftist Canadian media exactly as their American counterparts have been doing all along right up to this very minute.

The Clintonista's are foaming at the mouth, panties all twisted up in a knot, over ABC Network's airing the truth in the "Path to 9/11" begining this Sunday night. Bubba Clinton's true legacy is being aired out for all to see.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; September 8th, 2006 at 11:02.

Thanks

You know... who gives a $hit what Kanuks think anyway? Look they live in North America too... and one of these days, they will be dealing with the Chinese, the same as everyone else, but them and France will be doing so as slaves
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

The Canadians also think ham is bacon....

Now.. that poll was based largely in Quebec. FRENCH!!!! The rest of Canada and especially Western Canada think nothing of the sort. To be honest I think Canada is mostly on our side. That kind of liberal extreme view could be why Western Canada wishes to permanently break away from the eastern side.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

who gives a $hit what Kanuks think anyway?

???

Canadians, French Canadians in fact, are serving in Afghanistan as a direct result of the events of 9/11 on our soil.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroo..._e.asp?id=1703

You might want to reconsider such a generalized slur against an entire nation and key ally after reading the following...

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/si...hp?storyid=568

Red Fridays
    Posted by Sean Osborne on 2006/9/8 8:11:02 ()
    I want to share this story with all of my fellow American's, and our Canadian brothers and sisters and their uniformed countrymen who are standing side-by-side with America's sons and daughters in harms way. America was not the only nation or people attacked on 9/11 - freedom loving peoples the world over were attacked by muslim islamofascists. Truly we are all in this war together because all of our national fates hang in the balance. All of our blood flows the same color - so wear the color red to honor our hero's sacrifice today and every Friday from now on.

Subject: FW: A Military story and Red Fridays

Proud to be a Soldier!!! From the daughter of a Soldier:

Last week I was in Trenton, Ontario attending a conference. While I was in the airport, returning home, I heard several people behind me beginning to clap and cheer. I immediately turned around and witnessed one of the greatest acts of patriotism I have ever seen.
    Moving thru the terminal was a group of soldiers in their uniforms, as they began heading to their gate everyone (well almost everyone) was abruptly to their feet with their hands waving and cheering. When I saw the soldiers, probably 30-40 of them, being applauded and cheered for it hit me. I'm not alone. I'm not the only red blooded Canadian who still loves this country and supports our troops and their families.
    Of course I immediately stopped and began clapping for these young unsung heroes who are putting their lives on the line everyday for us so we can go to school, work and home without fear or reprisal. Just when I thought I could not be more proud of my country or of our service men and women a young girl, not more than 6 or 7 years old, ran up to one of the male soldiers. He kneeled down and said "Hi," the little girl then she asked him if he would give something to her daddy for her. The young soldier, he didn’t look any older than maybe 22 himself, said he would try and what did she want to give to her daddy. Then suddenly the little girl grabbed the neck of this soldier, gave him the biggest hug she could muster and then kissed him on the cheek.
    The mother of the little girl, who said her daughter’s name, was Courtney, told the young soldier that her husband was a Corporal and had been in Afghanistan for 11 months now. As the mom was explaining how much her daughter, Courtney, missed her father, the young soldier began to tear up. When this temporarily single mom was done explaining her situation, all of the soldiers huddled together for a brief second. Then one of the other servicemen pulled out a military looking walkie-talkie. They started playing with the device and talking back and forth on it.
    After about 10-15 seconds of this, the young soldier walked back over to Courtney, bent down and said this to her, "I spoke to your daddy and he told me to give this to you." He then hugged this little girl that he had just met and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He
    finished by saying "your daddy told me to tell you that he loves you more than anything and he is coming home very soon."
    The mom at this point was crying almost uncontrollably and as the young soldier stood to his feet he saluted Courtney and her mom. I was standing no more than 6 feet away as this entire event unfolded. As the soldiers began to leave, heading towards their gate, people resumed their applause. As I stood there applauding and looked around, there were very few dry eyes, including my own.
    That young soldier in one last act of selflessness, turned around and blew a kiss to Courtney with a tear rolling down his cheek.
    We need to remember everyday all of our soldiers and their families and thank God for them and their sacrifices. At the end of the day, it's good to be a Canadian.

Red Friday Just keeping you "in the loop" so you'll know what's going on in case this takes off.

RED FRIDAYS ----- Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing Red every Friday. The reason? Canadian who support our troops used to be called the "silent majority". We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and home in record-breaking numbers.
    Many Canadians, like you, all our friends, and me simply want to recognize that the vast majority of Canada supports our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday -and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that.
    Every red-blooded Canadian who supports our men and women afar will wear something red.
    By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the Canada on every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers.
    If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances co-workers, friends, and family, it will not be long before Canada is covered in RED and it will let our troops know the once "silent" majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on.
    The first thing a soldier says when asked "What can we do to make things better for you?" is...We need your support and your prayers. Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example; and wear something red every Friday.

IF YOU AGREE -- THEN SEND THIS ON.. IF YOU COULD CARE LESS THEN HIT THE DELETE BUTTON.. IT IS YOUR CHOICE. THEIR BLOOD RUNS RED---- SO WEAR RED! --- Lest we Forget, HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Thread Information