Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: North Korea Prepping for Underground Nuke Test

Banned
    Thanks

Default Re: North Korea Prepping for Underground Nuke Test

Your opinions are, of course, your opinions, Sean.

But you did not serve in South Korea for 20 years nor have the 30 years experience of South Korea, North Korea, PRC, and Japan that I have.

So, please don't talk down to me, Sean. I do not invalidate your opinions, even if they are rather ridiculous at times. Why? Because they are your opinions.

I have enough idiots over on TFP who have their heads firmly between their buttocks who feel I'm talking down to them. It is a shame that most of them haven't graduated from First Grade yet.

You, on the other hand are an educated person. How do I know? It takes one to know one. And an educated person does not just lambast another educated person simply because opinions contrast with the military and political thinking of the times I cited, times I lived through, times I served through, times I reported intelligence on--a daily basis of sweat and blood.

Thanks

I was going to respond to several items in both Wallis' and Sean's above remarks... but, I don't this it is worth it now.

I will say this. I spent a couple months in China. It's exactly how it portrayed by the media, and by Sean. It is precisely their "monolithic structure" that says they WILL be at war with us in a few years, and they DO support and condone those things that DPRK does.

They have consistently stood in the way in the UN trying to prevent us, or anyone else from stopping nuclear proliferation within that country and the Asian area.

We are looking at some very, very critical times here where China, DPRK, south Korea is concerned.

Long term, CHINA is the A#1 Threat to the United States. Shortterm it is Islamic-fascism. Mid term, it is Iran and North Korea.

If people do not see this, and I don't give a damn how "educated" one is, then they are blind to the FACTS.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

And JUST to punctuate what I JUST said... this just in....

Reuters: China reluctant to back Korea sanctions
    Reuters ^

BEIJING - China appeared to shy away Thursday from backing U.S. efforts to impose a travel ban and financial sanctions on North Korea for its claimed nuclear test, saying any U.N. action should focus on bringing its communist neighbor back to talks.
    Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao said North Korea should understand it had made a mistake but "punishment should not be the purpose" of any U.N. response.

U.N. action "should be conducive to the de-nuclearization of the Korean peninsula ... and the resumption of the talks," he told reporters. "It's necessary to express clearly to North Korea that ... the international community is opposed to this nuclear test."

The United States has circulated a new U.N. Security Council resolution that seeks to ban travel by people involved in North Korea's weapons program but softens some other measures to win Russian and Chinese support. North Korea warned it would consider increased U.S. pressure an act of war and take unspecified countermeasures.

China's response to the crisis has been closely watched because it is considered to have the most leverage with the unpredictable, reclusive North Korean regime. China, a veto-wielding Security Council member, is the North's top provider of desperately needed energy and economic aid.
    Chinese officials have refused to say publicly what consequences they believe North Korea should face for its claimed nuclear test, although its U.N. ambassador, Wang Guangya, agreed earlier this week that the Security Council must impose "punitive actions."

Japan is imposing its own new sanctions against North Korea. The ruling Liberal Democratic Party approved several harsh measures Thursday, including limits on imports and a ban on all North Korean ships in Japanese waters.

The latest U.S. proposal, obtained by The Associated Press Wednesday night, dropped Japanese demands to prohibit North Koreans ships from entering any port, and North Korean aircraft from taking off or landing in any country. These sanctions would likely face strong Russian and Chinese opposition.

The resolution would still require countries to freeze all assets related to North Korea's weapons and missile programs. But a call to freeze assets from other illicit activities such as "counterfeiting, money-laundering or narcotics" was dropped. So was a call to prevent "any abuses of the international financial system" that could contribute to the transfer or development of banned weapons.

The North will consider increased U.S. pressure "a declaration of war," RI Kong Son, vice spokesman for North Korea's Foreign Ministry, said in an interview with AP Television News in Pyongyang. He said North Korea would take unspecified "physical countermeasures."

Song Il Ho, a North Korean envoy to Japan, gave a similar warning to Tokyo. "We will take strong countermeasures," he told Kyoto News Agency.
    Since Pyongyang announced it exploded its first atomic bomb Monday, there have been daily South Korean and Japanese news reports that the North is preparing another test.

On Thursday, the South Korean newspaper Munhwa Ilbo quoted an unidentified source familiar with North Korean affairs as saying a second test would occur in two or three days.
    South Korea's National Intelligence Service could not immediately be reached for comment.

South Korean scientists have been scrambling for signs of radioactivity that would confirm Monday's underground test. Han Seung-jae, an official at the Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety, said experts were still unsure the North had tested a nuclear device.

"So far, we have not detected any abnormal level of radioactivity" in South Korea, he said.
    Japanese military planes have also been monitoring for radioactivity in the atmosphere but have reported no abnormal readings.

North Korea has been demanding direct talks with the United States, but President Bush refused to agree to such a meeting in a news conference Wednesday. He argued that Pyongyang would be more likely to listen to the protests of many nations.

Bush added that the U.S. was ready to defend its allies in the region, but that it would also try to use diplomacy to deal with North Korea.
    "I believe the commander in chief must try all diplomatic measures before we commit our military," he said.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

and this...
    N. Korea: Another Nuclear Test as Early as in 2~3 Days(everything to be settled in a week?)
    Chosun Ilbo ^ | 10/12/06
    (from FR)

Posted on 10/12/2006 8:39:14 AM MDT by TigerLikesRooster

/begin my translation

N. Korea: Another Nuclear Test as Early as in 2~3 Days

S. Korean government is trying to verify intelligence that N. Korea is to conduct another nuclear test soon, according to Oct. 12 report of Munhwa Ilbo.

Quoting a reliable source on N. Korea, it reported, "Many indications from N. Korea point to the high likelihood that N. Korea would conduct another nuclear test in two or three days. We received intelligence on Oct. 11 that says N. Korean military is showing unusual movements."

Alexander Downer, Australian Foreign Minister, said on Oct. 11(Australian time), "We have intelligence that N. Korea would have another nuclear test soon. We are very concerned about it."

In a related development, Kim Myong-chol, who is called the (unofficial) spokesman of Kim Jong-il, said in his interview with (S. Korea's) KBS Radio, "Everything will be settled in a week. That is, whether we, Korean people, will remain as we are now, or lose, or New York will lose, or Washington D.C. will lose, it will be settled once and for all."

2006.10.12 17:50 57'

/end my translation
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Defector: North Korea's nuclear weapons are war-ready

yonhap ^ | 2006/10/12 22:21 KST

SEOUL, Oct. 12 (Yonhap) -- North Korea has already manufactured several nuclear weapons and is ready to deploy these in the event of a war, a high-ranking North Korean defector claimed on Thursday.

Hwang Jang-yop, a former secretary of the Workers Party of Korea and one of the North's top theorists, said the reclusive nation signed a pact with Pakistan in 1996 on the transfer of uranium-based nuclear technology
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

again, i am WELL AWARE of what bubba clinton and the clinton white house is responsible for. i lost a WHOLE LOT personally BECAUSE of it.

now, that said, and with all due respect, im speaking of the professionals who are inside our intelligence community who are at fault. men who are traitors and men who are incompetent. a politician is a politician is a politician. people knew damn well what bill clinton was when they cast their votes and KNEW what he would do. that says a lot about a lot of the voting block. but the people who are in the security and intelligence agencies who are outright traitors and incompetents earn my greatest scorn.

i said UNIQUE because no other nation stands poised to take advantage of their ability to build up fast and effectively as japan is capable.

i am NOT ignorant to the fact japan recognizes the US inability to protect them. im well aware of that too. im not helpless i can read just fine thank you.

again, with all due respect you are entitled to your opinions and i will form my OWN. those are colored and shaped by my own experiences and what i see and find on my own.

ev

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wallis View Post
    Your opinions are, of course, your opinions, Sean.
    Wallis,

If I am posting an opinion, I will so state it as opinion.

Nowhere in your post did you state that you were expressing your personal opinions.

Nowhere. Period.

You made your statements as if they were facts. You provided no proof of those facts.

Your statements are incorrect exactly and specifically as I addressed them.

Again, I did not express any opinion in my response

1. The United States military is not in South Korea to keep them from invading the North. To state so as fact, which you have done, is absolute nonsense.

2. The "facts" you presented, and as I pointed, out are mutually exclusive.

3. That the Communist Chinese government in Beijing does not want North Korean refugees flooding its sovereign territory is a fact.

4. Russia is a mortal adversary (i.e.: existential enemy) of the United States. This is a fact.

5. My final point is an undenialbe fact standing upon its own fact-based merit manifest in the current crisis situation.

6. These facts are the backbone of why this website and forum even exist.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Osborne View Post
    Ev,

However, I am (as are others I commo with) waiting to see if North Korea cooks off another device on Thursday.
    I had indications something would occur today. As per Rick's posts above it has, albeit not the advent of an actual North Korean nuclear test.

With specificity, this is it, the verbatim criticality from a North Korean source (per Ricks post):

Kim Myong-chol, who is called the (unofficial) spokesman of Kim Jong-il, said in his interview with (S. Korea's) KBS Radio, "Everything will be settled in a week. That is, whether we, Korean people, will remain as we are now, or lose, or New York will lose, or Washington D.C. will lose, it will be settled once and for all."
    Deception? Diversion?

OR an Operational Plan?

Remember or be ever mindful of the recent timing of events linked directly to Iran and North Korea.

These two nations form the terminus or ends of the contiguous TRANS-ASIAN AXIS, just as the lines of magnetic force emanate from the central core or mass of a magnet - or a continent spanning alliance.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; October 12th, 2006 at 16:35.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eversman View Post
    again, i am WELL AWARE
    Ev,

I have no problem with what you're saying at all.

I was expounding upon the points you made.

That's all. relax.

Thanks

point well taken. my apologies.

ev

Banned
    Thanks

With specificity, this is it, the verbatim criticality from a North Korean source (per Ricks post):

Quote:
    Kim Myong-chol, who is called the (unofficial) spokesman of Kim Jong-il, said in his interview with (S. Korea's) KBS Radio, "Everything will be settled in a week. That is, whether we, Korean people, will remain as we are now, or lose, or New York will lose, or Washington D.C. will lose, it will be settled once and for all."

Deception? Diversion?

OR an Operational Plan?

Remember or be ever mindful of the recent timing of events linked directly to Iran and North Korea.

These two nations form the terminus or ends of the contiguous TRANS-ASIAN AXIS, just as the lines of magnetic force emanate from the central core or mass of a magnet - or a continent spanning alliance.
    In the context of the above statement, made today 12 October, I have just learned that the terminus of the week referenced by Kim Myong-chol coincides with two dates which are of concern to others in the homeland security and homeland defense arena, those days being, specifically, 18 & 19 October. Nothing specific about those days, just an ambiguous "concern" regarding them.

Those dates are inclusive of Ramadan and its final week.

Not good.

Thanks

Again... I'd ask folks to spend some time getting survival gear together. I will be doing just that this weekend
    Libertatem Prius!

Banned
    Thanks

Prudent advice.

Thanks

Nuclear Threat? Revisited…

by Rick Donaldson
    http://realitycheck.blogsome.com

Filed under: US Military, TransAsian Axis, Survival, Terrorism, Politics

Nuclear tests in North Korea have, according to them happened. The US intelligence agencies responsible for knowing what happened… don’t.

Kim Jong-il is full of bluster, Japan is hopping mad, South Koreans are protesting in the streets. The US at the UN, along with several other countries have drafted sanctions against North Korea.

North Korea is screaming about "war over sanctions". They are yelling that something is going to happen. Australian intelligence says that North Korea is going to have a second test, soon. The Aussies are extremely worried about this.

Kim Myong-chol, who is the unofficial spokesman of Kim Jong-il, said in his interview with (S. Korea’s) KBS Radio, "Everything will be settled in a week. That is, whether we, Korean people, will remain as we are now, or lose, or New York will lose, or Washington D.C. will lose, it will be settled once and for all."

Is that a veiled threat, or just an overt threat? Either way, it’s a threat. I don’t live in Washington, DC any more, and I’ve never lived in New York, but once awhile back, five years ago someone said, "Today we are all New Yorkers". Is that day coming again? Sooner than we think.

Look folks, there are forces that are perhaps beyond the comprehension of normal Americans like you and I — forces of insanity, forces of communism, forces of dictatorships, the forces of odd, crazy oriental thinking (no, that’s not a racist remark, I am referring to the thinking of the North Koreans in this case). These are all things that Americans are probably not all that familiar with. Crazy thinking in this country sometimes is classified as "Left" or "Right" by the two different political parties in America. Or, it could be a serial killer’s stalking of people before he kills them. Either way, it’s not got anything to do with "nuclear destruction”.

We’re staring down the barrel of some little missiles that North Korea can potentially place small nukes on and launch and HIT America. We’re looking at Iranian submarines that can potentially launch these little missiles of North Korea’s. We’re looking at Islamofacsists, Crazy Kim, and egotistical Chavez in Argentina — each group or individual of whom intend harm to the United States. They may not wish to fire a shot, or lose a person, but if they can cause America to capitulate in some fashion, perhaps economically, they will do so. If they can scare us into hiding, they will. If they can convince us to "TALK" and keep us busy while they build up arsenals, THEY WILL.

America has two choices, play the waiting game and "negotiate" with these guys, or step up to the plate and start acting like a Superpower. American should be telling them to back off now, sit down, shut up and move on or suffer the consequences. Instead, we have told North Korea that the world will NOT stand for them to have, or test nuclear weapons. We’ve told the same thing to Iran. Yet when it came down to doing it, we waiting and have let the DPRK and the "Dear Leader" set off a nuke.

Where the HELL are all the anit-nuclear protesters NOW? Where are you slime balls that threw rocks and me and Vice President Bush in the 1980s, and attacked the motorcade? Where are all you protesting sissies NOW? You’re NOT out there protesting North Korea having nuclear weapons, not protesting Iran getting them.

No, instead you’re sitting on your little Green asses and worrying about "Global Warming".

Well, global warming is the detonation of hundreds or thousands of nuclear weapons on our enemies. You want to see global warming? Sit on your asses some more. I suggest that for once, the Left, and the Right have something in common. We do NOT want to see Kim Jung-Il with nukes, and we do not want to see Ahmedenajad with nukes. Protest the Iraq war all you like, but spare some of your precious time to protest the detonation of nuclear weapons in North Korea, instead of trying to point out that it’s wrong for other countries to “already have nuclear weapons and why can’t these little places be superpowers?”

Sometimes the idiocy of the Left is simply amazing. Instead of looking at the real issue, they obfuscate, and lie about what is right in front of them. Countries that are unstable shouldn’t have nuclear weapons. Those weapons, simply put, WILL fall into the hands of terrorists, bad guys, dictators and crazy people. They WILL be used on Israel, Britain and the United States. There is no If, AND or BUT about it. IT WILL happen if America doesn’t stop screwing around.

Oh… and to the Left, 20-something days out from the elections… will you stop WHINING about Instant Messages and Emails, and stick to the ISSUES? A congressman who may or may not have written those IMs to a page who might or might NOT have been 18 at the time, and said congressman already having stepped down ought to have a police investigation of his person. Telling other political leaders to step down is just a crybaby attitude of yours. I didn’t see any of YOUR lefty congressmen and Senators quitting when THEY were operating homosexual prostitution rings out of their houses, or having sex with pages. – The SUBJECT and ISSUE at hand is IRAN, North Korea, Islamofacsists, the War on Terror and Border Security. You want MY vote.

Fix those things. Stop your whining about what this or that guy did in another party.
    Libertatem Prius!

Banned
    Thanks

You know, Sean, sometimes you are an insufferable fool; but I still love you.

"You made your statements as if they were facts. You provided no proof of those facts."

They are still facts, all the same.

"Your statements are incorrect exactly and specifically as I addressed them."

But then, Sean, you are not 100% correct. Sorry to have to tell you the truth.

"1. The United States military is not in South Korea to keep them from invading the North. To state so as fact, which you have done, is absolute nonsense."

As usual, you went overboard and did not read the context of my paragraph. This was event specific.

"2. The "facts" you presented, and as I pointed, out are mutually exclusive."

Is this sentence Army-ese?

"3. That the Communist Chinese government in Beijing does not want North Korean refugees flooding its sovereign territory is a fact."

No shit, GI. Thank you for agreeing with me. See, here again, you took my words and painted them negatively without undestand a word I was saying.

"4. Russia is a mortal adversary (i.e.: existential enemy) of the United States. This is a fact."

No. This is an opinion. Separate your religious opinion from your political opinion. Russia is not "banging its shoe" and making promises/threats to destroy the U.S. North Korea is a mortal enemy of the U.S. I realize that it is hard for some people to accept the fact that the Cold War is over and that Russians are willing to cooperate with the world for a while. Maybe when Gog and Magog are overrun with Moslems . . . .

"5. My final point is an undenialbe fact standing upon its own fact-based merit manifest in the current crisis situation."

More Army-ese, Sean? What the hell does this sentence mean? "Fact-based merit"? Now that's new garbley-gook!
    Last edited by wallis; October 13th, 2006 at 00:21. Reason: correct spelling

Thanks

In the context of the above statement, made today 12 October, I have just learned that the terminus of the week referenced by Kim Myong-chol coincides with two dates which are of concern to others in the homeland security and homeland defense arena, those days being, specifically, 18 & 19 October. Nothing specific about those days, just an ambiguous "concern" regarding them.

Not good.
    Sean, Im a little confused about this information. Is this guy saying what I think he is saying? One week from the 12th of Oct. we will know who the "winner" will be? I dont understand that statement. Or, at least I think I dont. Will it all be over in a week? What will be over? Is war, possibly nuclear, imminent?

Please clarify if possible or give me the link to where this statement came from so I can get some context.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Sean, Im a little confused about this information. Is this guy saying what I think he is saying?
    Yes, he so stated those words, he was quoted verbatim, and was quoted by South Korean media those exact words.

I do not understand any reason to validate this, nor any reason to verify it. I accept it as fact, considering the source of the statement.

We are talking about the public realtions voice of the Supreme Leader of North Korea.

How ambiguous is that?

Zip. Zero. Not at all. Your eyes and ears have not deceived you. These words are a fact; they were spoken by the person to whom attributed.

One week from the 12th of Oct. We will know who the "winner" will be? I dont understand that statement. Or, at least I think I dont. Will it all be over in a week? What will be over? Is war, possibly nuclear, imminent?
    Yeah, as I stated above, these dates and times coincide with the last week of Ramadan and islamofascist statements concerning Ramadan and the relationship between the two poles of the trans-asian axis -- Iran and North Korea. Russia and China are the core of the axis.

ONCE AGAIN --- This is basic and elemental to the reason this website and forum exist.

THIS IS CORE TAA.

I do not understand any confusion on this topic. Really, it should go without my saying, or anyone's saying... we are not kidding here, this is not a joke, we are serious about his subject matter. Period. Life and death serious.

Ryan? Rick? Brian? Malsua? Joey BagaDonuts? ALL OF YOU FOLKS... is this or is this not core to the issues this website and forum were created to discuss and highlight for public informational purposes?

Duhh?

Sorry, no need to ask that question.

OF COURSE, YES, ABSOLUTELY!!! and Period.

Please clarify if possible or give me the link to where this statement came from so I can get some context.
    Rick Donaldson posted that quote from a FR post, which was based upon a South Korean report which was taken from the interview the South Korean world radio service had with Kim Myong-chol.

Guys and gals... pardon my lingo here... I feel the need at this point to speak bluntly.

It is 'nut crunch' time. Roger that, we have arrived.

Some stuff you accidentally step in and wipe off your shoe.

Other stuff falls on you from the clear blue sky. Sometimes that stuff is supposedly "friendly fire", other times its incoming hostile fire.

Either way, you are in the shit.

That's exactly where America is today. I kid you not.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; October 13th, 2006 at 03:14.

Thanks

Holy crap.........this is HOT and not a peep in the media about this!

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thanks

One hopeful thot. Kim Jong may have stepped on his own member, and membership in the coordinated axis.

Kim Jong is no more important nor glorious than Ho.

These are spikes on the axis, but the axle has 2 big wheel drums- soviet and prc or russian and shanghai.

I have no inside dope on his words but read- "Everything will be settled in a week. That is, whether we, Korean people, will remain as we are now, or lose, ... - skip the last part. Every diatribe sputtered from N. Korea is against US.

But just what if he ticked off Hu, Wen and Putin by trying to beat the clock? Independent glory and nation-state self worship would be considered as stepping on one's own member and preclude further membership in the party and life in general.

Certainly Kim Jong-il would not launch a diatribe against the axis, but he may not be wong in this world.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

And lets not forget this little gem. Of course, they do NOT have the capabilities they're suggesting, nor are they the fourth most powerful nuclear nation. But the intention seems fairly clear.

-Mal

-----------
    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/HJ06Dg01.html

Kim's message: War is coming to US soil
    By Kim Myong Chol ("Unofficial" spokesman of Kim Jong-il and North Korea.)

Speaking Freely is an Asia Times Online feature that allows guest writers to have their say. Please click here if you are interested in contributing.

The Foreign Ministry of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea announced on October 3 that the DPRK planned to conduct a nuclear test. The Foreign Ministry stated that the planned nuclear test was in response to the grave situation created by the US, where "the supreme national security interests

of the DPRK are at stake with the Korean nation standing at the crossroads of life and death".

The nuclear test, once conducted, will have far-reaching implications for the Koreas and the rest of the world. It carries five messages.

The first message is that Kim Jong-il is the greatest of the peerless national heroes Korea has ever produced. Kim is unique in that he is the first to equip Korea with sufficient military capability to take the war all the way to the continental US. Under his leadership the DPRK has become a nuclear-weapons state with intercontinental means of delivery. Kim is certainly in the process of achieving the long-elusive goal of neutralizing the American intervention in Korean affairs and bringing together North and South Korea under the umbrella of a confederated state.

Unlike all the previous wars Korea fought, a next war will be better called the American War or the DPRK-US War because the main theater will be the continental US, with major cities transformed into towering infernos. The DPRK is now the fourth-most powerful nuclear weapons state just after the US, Russia, and China.

The DPRK has all types of nuclear bombs and warheads, atomic, hydrogen and neutron, and the means of delivery, short-range, medium-range and long-range, putting the whole of the continental US within effective range.(DELUSIONAL!) The Korean People's Army also is capable of knocking hostile satellites out of action.

...SNIP...

Thread Information