Thread: Trump: Joe Lieberman Is Top Pick for FBI Director

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Trump: Joe Lieberman Is Top Pick for FBI Director

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why that whenever Republicans are in power they always pull this stupid "reach across the aisle" bullshit meanwhile whenever Democrats are in charge they routinely fuck us in the ass?

Are we forgetting that whole Gore/Lieberman thing? Jesus!

SSDD...

Trump: Joe Lieberman Is Top Pick for FBI Director

May 18, 2017

President Donald Trump said he is "very close" to choosing a new FBI director with at least one senior White House official putting the odds of a selection as early as this Friday at "better than 50-50".

Speaking to reporters at an off the record lunch, and reiterating the comments on camera moments later, Trump called former Sen. Joe Lieberman his top pick. Multiple officials tell NBC News that Lieberman is the current "frontrunner" for the job.

Trump previously promised that the process to replace former FBI director would go "very quickly," with the White House aiming to make a decision before the president departs for his first trip abroad on Friday.

On Wednesday, Trump met with Lieberman, acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, former Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating, and former top FBI official Richard McFeely. Lieberman demurred when asked by MSNBC if he would accept the job should it be offered.

Comey's abrupt firing came as a shock last week, with competing explanations from the White House and the president as to what spurred the dismissal. Trump contradicted his top aides — who credited a memo from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein for the presidents decision — telling NBC's Lester Holt that he would've fired Comey "regardless."

On the surface, Trump picking Lieberman to be FBI director could get votes from senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham, who are close to the former Democratic politician. Lieberman backed McCain over Obama in 2008.

On "Meet the Press" this past Sunday, Graham said it was important for the FBI pick to come from "within" the FBI ranks or who has "no political background."

It was a sentiment echoed by Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Connecticut, who holds Lieberman's old Senate seat, who said on "Morning Joe" that he respects Lieberman but many people want someone for FBI Director who doesn't come from a political background.

"I hold Senator Lieberman's seat, he's no pushover, as both parties know. He's been a pain in the butt to both Republicans and Democrats during his time both in and out of the Senate," Murphy said. "I think the question is whether you want someone with a political pedigree or whether you want someone with a law enforcement pedigree. And I think there's a lot of people on both sides of the aisle that are looking for someone who doesn't come from the political realm."

Thanks

Default Re: Trump: Joe Lieberman Is Top Pick for FBI Director

Joe Lieberman was the last "True" Democrat. He was kicked out of the party because he wouldn't change to their philosophies. He created the Independent Democrat party and was the sole member from what I remember. He's reviled by most dems because he wouldn't switch and by most GOP because he wouldn't switch... That's an interesting thing. He may be more right wing than McCain, though that's not difficult. He reminds me of Justice Kennedy as being a major swing vote in his day as well as being centrist. I don't see this as Trump reaching across the aisle so much as like minds. I personally have a great deal of respect for Joe Lieberman as a person and a politician. I don't agree with all his political views obviously, but then he doesn't seem to agree with any of the current Democrats views.

If I were president though, I think I would choose Sheriff Clarke or perhaps another Military top brass official to take the spot. Since Clarke is already taking a position at DHS, I think I would take a Lt. Col or Col of the Military Police Corps. Generals are too political sometimes, but Col area is just right for huge departments in my thinking. Either way, we have enough politicians in DC.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

NRA "F" rated and in charge of the FBI?

No thanks.

Thanks

I know lots of LEOs that are pro gun control. Doesn't make them bad at their job. Last time I checked the Director of the FBI doesn't write legislature or set legal precedent. I love the NRA but they're grading is biased just like any other group of that nature. I've seen more people raided in blue states by SWAT than by the FBI. I'd also think that the ATFE would take umbrage over the FBI pissing on their tires should they try to bypass their authority. I have no problem with this appointment, though to be honest, I'd rather have a person with a major Law Enforcement background in there.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

All LEOs who are "Pro-gun control" are bad cops. Period
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Ah Rick... My neighbor T.J. a few years back commented on my mention of you retiring and sailing soon. He said, "All boat owners are idiots". I told him he was full of shit. Statements that leave no room for debate are rarely true in my experience. My Uncle Jim was a LEO for 30 years and never thought people should own AR-15s and such. I never agreed with his politics, but he was a damn good cop. Highly decorated and well loved in the community. I can't see where a political belief derailed his ability to perform the duties of his badge. Meanwhile I've seen both sides of the political spectrum produce some horrible police that where just shameful.

Our biggest mistake these days seems to be when we allow our politics, religion, or social standing decide our being. We should be much more than those piddling things.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Well, all power boat owners that have never been sailors ARE idiots. LOL

As to what I said, I stand by it. Cops are citizens, just like you and I. They have no more or less rights than you or I. They derive their authority from a state or local set of laws. Politics and politicians are what make laws... because people have given up their right to make laws, and instead, give that right to dumb asses who we send to "represent" us, and don't give them a mandate to stick to what works.

Instead, we have people who get involved as cops and try to impress their will on people around them, by saying things like "No one needs an AR15" for instance. That's his OPINION. Period, and it isn't a valid opinion. Because who said anything about a "need". It's a LAW. And when a police officer ignores the very fabric of the Constitution, specifically, the Second Amendment, that makes him a "bad cop".

His job is to protect and serve. Not to dictate what is right and wrong. His job is to defend the weak and innocent. Not to tell me I can't protect myself. His job is not to opine, but rather to enforce existing laws. And if those laws go against the Constitution, then his job is to NOT enforce illegal laws, because, again, he is, like you and I a citizen of this country FIRST, and a COP only second.

Our biggest mistake these days seems to be when we allow our politics, religion, or social standing decide our being. We should be much more than those piddling things.
    Again, politics is what decides society. When we let politics get in the way of being civilized, like the Left has done for 40 years now, then a cop is nothing more than a man or woman who stands in the way of barbarians, selectively enforcing the laws he or she sees fit to enforce, and sometimes getting caught up in the politics of the moment, deciding life and death circumstances in an ill-informed manner.

For any police officer who falls on the wrong side of the law, he becomes a "bad cop". Hence my statement. His beliefs about people should not own guns is wrong. He might feel he needs NOT enforce the Constitution.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I did forget to post this.

Supposedly Lieberman is out...

Report: Lieberman Out of Running for FBI Director

May 24, 2017

Former Sen. Joe Lieberman is no longer under consideration to head the FBI as President Donald Trump continues to search for a replacement for ousted James Comey, CNN is reporting.

Lieberman, an ex-Democratic senator and former candidate for vice president who changed his affiliation to Independent, had been considered a frontrunner for the post, The New York Times reported.

And shortly before leaving on his current foreign trip, Trump said he was "very close" to selecting someone to fill the position that became vacant when he fired Comey.

But, according to the Times, Trump's staff had urged him to take more time in making the decision.

And now Trump has decided he wants a broader range of candidates for the post, CNN reported.

Trump is retaining the services of lawyer Marc Kasowitz to help navigate the investigations into his campaign, The Washington Post reported.

And the Post noted naming Lieberman to head the FBI would likely have presented a conflict of interest since Lieberman is currently a senior counsel at Kasowitz's law firm.

Democrats were opposed to naming Lieberman as FBI director, Politico reported.

"Some Senate Democrats hold a grudge against Lieberman for his rightward turn and opposition to some of President Barack Obama's agenda late in his Senate career," Politico wrote in its report. "Others say even though they respect Lieberman, the job of FBI director should not go to a former politician. And all Democratic senators interviewed for this story said the former Connecticut senator lacks the kind of experience needed for the post."

We keep seeing things like this Trump is a moderate liberal in the styling of an old school Democrat who wants to do liberal things. He floats these things out there to see how they go over. If there's no conservative uproar, he does them. If there is conservative uproar, he pulls back and then says that he never intended to do it and blames the media for fake news. The best we can hope for is that actual conservatives are able to keep his ear more than the liberals surrounding him.

Thanks

Looks like the nominee is Christopher Wray.

Judge Napolitano is on our local morning talk show on 550 WKRC, as he is every Wednesday, and isn't a fan of the pick. Said he represented Chris Christie's during BridgeGate and classified him as "an inside the beltway" type.

Thread Information