Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sailing Ketch Adventure

Thanks

Default Re: Sailing Ketch Adventure

Yes and no. We will leave when things seem clear enough. It's roughly 100 miles from here to Norfolk, and easy couple of days. We'll make sure we're clear for at least a few days. Maybe 5-8, head down and jump in. ICW won't be clear of hurricanes if they come up the coast, but safer than the ocean by millibars and feet of water
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Wish I would have screen shot it, some dick today said to me, "First you said you had a 'sailboat', now it's grown into a 'yacht'. All you Trump supporters are liars". LMFAO.....

Malsua, you've seen the boat. Is it a 'sailboat' or a 'yacht' or both? Not sure if it's legal to say it is a "yacht" now. I mean, people think words mean something, unless IS is involved, or some other words, like, you know Muslim, Islam, Liberal... you get the point.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

It's a sailboat by my definition or a small yacht. I generally think luxury when I think Yacht and while it's nice enough, I wouldn't consider it "luxury". Either definition works and that fuck wit that you spoke to can jam a yard arm up his liberal ass hole.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

lol. Yacht definition actually fits this boat. In truth, NO power boat is considered a "yacht" but are certainly referred to as such by people who own them As to "luxury", no. Yachts are actually working boats for fishing and racing. Not pleasure. Mine can do fishing and working, and believe me I WORK my ass off on it make it sail. lol And I can fish.

Honestly though, when it comes down to it... I'm a "Cruiser". I'm NOT a "Yachty" (or Yachtie). I am a sailor first, and a cruiser second. I've learned a WHOLE lot since you last saw me (and that's surprising because I already KNEW how to sail the damned boat, but had not when you saw me the first time). What I have learned was the "ropes" on this ketch. How to make the sails work with the wind I'm given and make the keel work with the waters and currents I'm stuck with.

So, if someone calls me a "Yachty" I might punch 'em in the nose... if they don't buy me a beer or drink for calling me such. On the other hand, I have learned to accept the appellation of "Captain", "Cap" or "Cap'n" because everyone around here calls me that, but they do NOT call other boat owners by the same title... Interestingly enough, they do it to a LOT of sail boaters, but rarely to power boat captains unless the power boats are significantly large.... I have no idea why.

I call others "Cap" when I am speaking to someone I don't know though. Kind of a way of life these days I guess. lol

Most important, I think who calls it a yacht and who doesn't is telling. (In this case, *I* used the word "yacht" because I was arguing with a liberal twat who was bragging about the size of his house, his pocket book, bank account and car, as well as his collage education" (Yup, he spelled it "Collage" and not "college" so, I question his veracity anyway). So out of curiosity I said "yacht" to which he responded "First it was a sailboat, and now it's grown into a yacht" etc. Someone else pointed out that my avatar was actually ME and the boat in the background is ACTUALLY MINE and it's a "yacht". LOL

http://www.boats.com/on-the-water/wh...-also-a-yacht/

yacht
    yät/
    noun

1. 1.
      a medium-sized sailboat equipped for cruising or racing.

verb

1. 1.
      race or cruise in a yacht.

yacht

play

noun \ˈyät\

Simple Definition of yacht

• : a large boat that is used for racing or pleasure

Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

Full Definition of yacht

1. : any of various recreational watercraft: asa : a sailboat used for racingb : a large usually motor-driven craft used for pleasure cruising

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

By the way, I wasn't arguing semantics with you, Mal.... Just my point of view. And as to "luxury", I've been working on that. The boat is still a bit cramped, but, I looked over a big power boat the other day and while is has pretty leather interior and carpet.... ummm... nice, sure, but almost had to remove most of my clothing to go inside.

That's not "luxury". hahaha
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Oh, it's definitely a yacht but when someone says "I have a yacht" the picture in my head is something you'd see on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous even though I know it doesn't need to be that.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Tuesday is a big day for me. Eye surgery. Cataracts.

Left eye first. Right eye a week or two later. Wish me luck.

I can't wait to be able to see again. But honestly, I'm more scared of eye surgery than heart surgery. Been through the heart thing.... my eyes are.... my most protected area of my body. I'm PARANOID to the point of it being a phobia for anyone to get NEAR them.

So.... seriously, wish me luck (and the doctor too, because I tend to go PTSD on people when I'm under weird drugs. lol)
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Howdy all.

All done with eye surgery and check ups. 20:25 uncorrected vision. Right eye is focused at infinity and stars a points of light. Left eye is focused in closer. Need reading glasses now (can't see anything closer than about 20", its all blurry).

We're waiting to see which way Matthew goes before we depart/

I am predicting a turn to the East after leaving Haiti, and crossing into Bahamas. I don't think it will hit the mainland here. I think it will affect the coast, but not a dead hit.

That's where we're at now.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information