Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Democrats Continue To Stand Boldly With The Muslims

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Re: Obama Administration Stands Boldly With The Muslims

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    Barack Obama: NASA must try to make Muslims 'feel good'

The head of the Nasa has said Barack Obama told him to make "reaching out to the Muslim world" one of the space agency's top priorities.

By Toby Harnden in Washington
    Published: 8:00PM BST 06 Jul 2010

Barack Obama wants Nasa to acknowledge Muslim achievements and contributions to science maths and engineering Photo: AFP/GETTY

Charles Bolden, a retired United States Marines Corps major-general and former astronaut, said in an interview with al-Jazeera that Nasa was not only a space exploration agency but also an "Earth improvement agency".

Mr Bolden said: "When I became the Nasa administrator, he [Mr Obama] charged me with three things.

Related Articles

"One, he wanted me to help reinspire children to want to get into science and math; he wanted me to expand our international relationships; and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math, and engineering."

He added: "It is a matter of trying to reach out and get the best of all worlds, if you will, and there is much to be gained by drawing in the contributions that are possible from the Muslim [nations]."

Byron York, a conservative columnist for the Washington Examiner, characterised Mr Obama's space policy shift as moving "from moon landings to promoting self-esteem"

Earlier this year, Mr Obama announced the scrapping of the moon programme in favour of an aspiration to visit Mars, cancelling the Constellation programme for manned space flight, the successor to the Space Shuttle.

It means Nasa would not be able to travel beyond the Earth's lower orbit without international assistance and need the help of allies to make it to Mars.

The proposal angered Neil Armstrong and Eugene Cernan, the first and last men to walk on the moon.

Along with Jim Lovell, the Apollo 13 commander, they issued a statement denouncing the decision "devastating" and a plan that "destines our nation to become one of second- or even third-rate stature."

Jeh Johnson and Hamas

Politics makes strange bed-fellows.

Homeland Security boss' love-in with Hamas front group

Posted By -NO AUTHOR- On 09/05/2016 @ 10:19 am In APP Frontpage,Front Page,Politics,U.S.,World | No Comments

WASHINGTON — Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson told the annual convention of a Hamas-Muslim Brotherhood front group Saturday night in Chicago that, thanks to the Obama administration, its struggle for full acceptance in America “is one you will win.”

The group Johnson addressed is the Islamic Society of North America, an unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terrorist-financing trial in the nation’s history.

In 1991, the Muslim Brotherhood, the super-umbrella network of Islamist ideology from which terror groups such as al-Qaida and Hamas arose, listed ISNA as one of its main fronts. Declassified FBI memos said ISNA is a component of the Muslim Brotherhood, which sees its “work in America as a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within.”

In 2007, the U.S. government labeled ISNA a U.S. Muslim Brotherhood entity and an unindicted co-conspirator in a terrorism-financing trial involving the Holy Land Foundation funneling money to Hamas. The label was upheld in 2009 because of “ample” evidence linking ISNA to Hamas. Several years ago, ISNA’s Canadian affiliate lost its status as a charity because of its accounting discrepancies and links to Pakistani terrorists.

ISNA is known for its enforcement of Saudi-style Islam in mosques throughout the U.S. The Holy Land Foundation, to which ISNA was linked by the Justice Department, was found guilty in 2008 of raising money for the Hamas terrorist organization. Holy Land founders were given life sentences for “funneling” $12 million to Hamas.

ISNA also was named in a May 1991 Muslim Brotherhood document, “An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Group in North America,” as one of the Brotherhood’s likeminded “organizations of our friends” who shared the common goal of destroying America and turning it into a Muslim nation, according to Discover the Networks.

Like ISIS, the Muslim Brotherhood seeks to create an Islamic caliphate.

Get the book the Islamists are still trying to spike – “Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld That’s Conspiring to Islamize America,” by David Gaubatz and Paul Sperry.”

But Johnson didn’t mention any of that in his talk Saturday night. Instead, he conducted something of a “love-in” with the audience – comparing the plight of Muslims in the U.S. with the struggle of black Americans during the Jim Crow South his own grandfather is said to have experienced.

Many American Muslims have been critical of his department and federal law enforcement agencies for what they view as discriminatory surveillance and prosecution of American Muslims. In his speech, Johnson did not speak to surveillance practices directly but acknowledged a common experience of discrimination and disrespect among American Muslims.

Johnson was the first sitting Cabinet secretary and the highest-ranking U.S. official to address an ISNA conference. He told the crowd of hundreds of Muslim religious and political leaders, activists and professionals that he hoped his appearance at the conference serves as a precedent for future appearances by officials of his rank. And he compared the Muslim American struggle for recognition, respect and equal rights to that of other American religious, racial and ethnic communities. He spoke of his grandfather, an accomplished African American sociologist who lived and died in the Jim Crow South but whose grandson is now the secretary of homeland security in the administration of a black president.

“Do not despair,” Johnson told the crowd. “If you know American history, take comfort in learning from it.”

He called his appearance before the group a “privilege” and said he hoped future “government officials of my rank will attend your annual convention. President Obama has made it a priority for his administration to build bridges to American Muslim communities.”

“In 33 months as your secretary of Homeland Security, I have personally visited American Muslim communities in Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Detroit, Dearborn, Chicago, Columbus, Houston, Minneapolis, and Los Angeles,” he said. “I have come to know many of you, and I hope you know me. You have heard President Obama and me call out the discrimination and vilification you face in the current climate. You have heard us say that the self-proclaimed Islamic State is neither Islam nor a state; you have heard us say that it is a group of terrorists attempting to hijack your religion.”

He said: “Tonight I will not look at this large group of Muslims before me in this room through a homeland security lens. Tonight I will not talk about counterterrorism. Tonight I will simply address you as who you are, ‘my fellow Americans.'”

“Tonight I speak especially to the young people in this audience, and to the parents worried about your future,” said Johnson. “Many of the young people in this room worry that, because of the current climate, your religion, your skin color, and your attire, because of that you will never win full acceptance in this country. I come before you tonight to assure you this is not true. Your struggle for full acceptance in this country is one you will win.”

He said he was confident of this because his own African-American ancestors traveled a similar road.

“I hear your stories of discrimination, vilification, and of the efforts to tar you with the broad brush of suspicion,” he continued. “I hear about the bullying and physical attacks that Muslims are experiencing nationwide. They are familiar to me. I recognize them. I look out on this room of American Muslims and I see myself. I see a similar struggle that my African-American ancestors have fought to win acceptance in this country. Realize it or not, your story is the quintessential American story. Your story is an American story, told over and over again, generation after generation, of waves of people who struggle for, seek, and will eventually win your share of the American dream. Know the history of this country and you will know that – whether it’s Catholic Americans, Jewish Americans, Mormon Americans, Irish Americans, Italian Americans, Japanese Americas, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, or Muslim Americans — this will be true.”

ISNA, through its affiliate, the North American Islamic Trust – a Saudi government-backed organization – reportedly holds the mortgages on 50 to 80 percent of all mosques in the U.S. and Canada.

According to terrorism expert Steven Emerson, ISNA “is a radical group hiding under a false veneer of moderation” that publishes a bi-monthly magazine, Islamic Horizons, that “often champions militant Islamist doctrine.”

The group also “convenes annual conferences where Islamist militants have been given a platform to incite violence and promote hatred,” states Emerson. Emerson cites an ISNA conference in which al-Qaida supporter and Palestinian Liberation Organization official Yusuf Al Qaradhawi was invited to speak.

Emerson further reports that in September 2002, a full year after 9/11, “speakers at ISNA’s annual conference still refused to acknowledge [Osama] bin Laden’s role in the terrorist attacks.”

ISNA also has held fundraisers for terrorists, notes Discover the Networks. After Hamas leader Mousa Marzook was arrested and eventually deported in 1997, ISNA raised money for his defense. The group also condemned the U.S. government’s post-9/11 seizure of Hamas’ and Palestinian Islamic Jihad’s financial assets.

Nevertheless, Johnson who runs the Cabinet-level federal agency specifically created for and charged with combatting terrorism delivered an impassioned speech on the subject of Muslim empowerment in America.

“Do not despair,” Johnson told the crowd. “If you know American history, take comfort in learning from it.”

At least two ISNA board members, James Badawi and Siraj Wahhaj, were listed as unindicted co-conspirators – Siraj in the Holy Land Foundation terror-financing plot and Wahhaj in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

Muhammad Qatanani, another key ISNA leader, was arrested and convicted by Israel in 1993 for being a member of Hamas. Homeland Security sought to deport him because of his terror link, saying in a 2008 court filing, “It is certainly suspicious when a person who has been convicted of being a member of, and providing services, to Hamas, who has personal ties to a Hamas militant leader, and a Hamas fundraiser also sends undisclosed cash to the West Bank.”

Another radical American Muslim cleric, Zaid Shakir, spoke at a previous ISNA convention that featured former President Jimmy Carter. According to the groundbreaking book, “Muslim Mafia,” Shakir in speeches to Muslim audiences has said Islamic law permits Muslims to attack U.S. military planes – including ones carrying 82nd Airborne paratroopers out of Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

“Islam doesn’t permit us to hijack airplanes filled with civilian people,” Shakir said. “If you hijack an airplane filled with the 82nd Airborne, that’s something else.”

Shakir exhorted the Muslim faithful: “Jihad is physically fighting the enemies of Islam to protect and advance the religion of Islam. This is jihad.”

Dr. Mark Christian, born and raised a devout Sunni Muslim with strong ties to the Egyptian military and the Muslim Brotherhood who later converted to Christianity and founded the Global Faith Institute, wrote last year that of the 21 violent attacks on domestic American targets perpetrated by domestic Muslim jihadists, at least 12 of those attackers and possibly as many as 17 regularly attended or were significantly linked to Islamic Society mosques.

He characterizes ISNA’s goal as bringing about “the establishment of Islamic supremacy over North America.”

Muzzamil Siddiqi, ISNA president 1996-2000, current member of Fiqh Council, said: “By participating in a non-Islamic system, one cannot rule by that which Allah has commanded. But things do not change overnight. Changes comes through patience, wisdom and hard work. I believe that as Muslims we should participate in the system to safeguard our interests and try to bring gradual change for the right cause, the cause of truth and justice. We must not forget that Allah’s rules have to be established in all lands, and all our efforts should lead to that direction.”

“The Oklahoman who beheaded his co-worker and attempted to behead another was a regular at his local ISNA mosque,” writes Christian. “Same with the Fort Hood shooter, Nidal Hasan, who spent a great deal of his off-duty hours at his local Islamic Society mosque, steeping his brain in the readily available radicalism-du-jour that appears to be an all-too-common thread among ISNA facilities.”

The Islamic Society mosque in Boston that was the worship home for the Tsarnaev brothers responsible for the Boston Marathon bombing also was home for the following:

Abdurahman Alamoudi, the mosque’s founder and first president, who in 2004 was sentenced to 23 years in prison for plotting terrorism. In 2005, the Treasury Department issued a statement saying Alamoudi raised money for al-Qaida in the U.S.
     Aafia Siddiqui, an MIT scientist-turned-al-Qaida agent who in 2010 was sentenced to 86 years in prison for planning a New York chemical attack. Known as “Lady al-Qaida,” she is related to 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheik Mohammed. ISIS has tried to trade her release for journalist hostages.
     Tarek Mehanna, who in 2012 got 17 years in prison for conspiring to use automatic weapons to murder shoppers in a suburban Boston mall.
    Yusuf al-Qaradawi, a mosque trustee and Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood leader banned from the U.S. after issuing a fatwa that called for the killing of U.S. soldiers.

According to a Muslim Brotherhood operative, more than half of the mosques in the West were either founded or acquired by Islamic Society.

“The Islamic Society is no friend to America,” writes Christian. “Its doctrine of domination is obvious and indefensible. Our failure to investigate and respond appropriately has cost the lives of many in our nation and will take many more, should we permit our leaders to dismiss our concerns as ‘Islamophobia.'”

Get the book the Islamists are still trying to spike – “Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld That’s Conspiring to Islamize America,” by David Gaubatz and Paul Sperry.”

Article printed from WND: http://www.wnd.com

URL to article: http://www.wnd.com/2016/09/homeland-...s-front-group/

DHS Sec Jeh Johnson Speaks At Convention Of Group Tied To Hamas And Muslim Brotherhood, Along With Khizr And Ghazala Khan

http://www.weaselzippers.us/293199-d...-ghazala-khan/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Jeh Johnson tells American Muslims, ‘Your story is the quintessential American story’

By Abigail Hauslohner September 4

Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson speaks to the Islamic Society of North America during its annual convention in Chicago. (Joshua Lott/Getty Images)

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson delivered an impassioned speech Saturday night at the annual Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) conference in Chicago, holding forth on the subject of Muslim empowerment in America.

Many American Muslims have been critical of his department and federal law enforcement agencies for what they view as discriminatory surveillance and prosecution of American Muslims. In his speech, Johnson did not speak to surveillance practices directly but acknowledged a common experience of discrimination and disrespect among American Muslims.

Johnson was the first sitting Cabinet secretary and the highest-ranking U.S. official to address an ISNA conference. He told the crowd of hundreds of Muslim religious and political leaders, activists and professionals that he hoped his appearance at the conference serves as a precedent for future appearances by officials of his rank. And he compared the Muslim American struggle for recognition, respect and equal rights to that of other American religious, racial and ethnic communities. He spoke of his grandfather, an accomplished African American sociologist who lived and died in the Jim Crow South but whose grandson is now the secretary of homeland security in the administration of a black president.

Here is the text of Johnson’s speech in full:

Ladies and gentlemen, good evening….

I want to thank you for inviting me to be here today.

As Barack Obama’s presidency and our administration draw to a close, I am proud to have been part of it.

I have been on an incredible journey with Barack Obama, not just since he became President in 2009, but over the last 10 years — as part of his campaign, his transition team, his administration, and, now, his cabinet.

History will record not only the transformational changes President Obama brought about, but also that in 2008, he was elected president with 69 million votes — the largest popular vote for any one person in the history of this country, based on a campaign of hope and inspiration. With that came a new generation of voters, and an unprecedented period of inclusiveness and diversity in our political process.

As part of that, it is a privilege for me to be present in person here today, to speak to you, this full convention of the Islamic Society of North America. I’m told that I am the highest ranking U.S. government official and the first sitting cabinet officer to ever speak in person before this convention. I welcome that, as you have welcomed me. I am proud to have broken that glass ceiling, and to have created the expectation, in the future, that government officials of my rank will attend your annual convention.

President Obama has made it a priority for his administration to build bridges to American Muslim communities.

In 33 months as your Secretary of Homeland Security, I have personally visited American Muslim communities in Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Detroit, Dearborn, Chicago, Columbus, Houston, Minneapolis, and Los Angeles. I have come to know many of you, and I hope you know me.

You have heard President Obama and me call out the discrimination and vilification you face in the current climate.

You have heard us say that the self-proclaimed Islamic State is neither Islam nor a state; you have heard us say that it is a group of terrorists attempting to hijack your religion.

You have heard us, before multiple audiences of different political stripes, refuse to bend to the political pressure to call terrorism “Islamic” extremism. We know that ISIL, though it claims the banner of Islam, occupies no part of your religion, a religion founded on peace.

After I am gone as Secretary, I hope you will always regard your Department of Homeland Security aligned in interest with you for peace, the safety of your family, and the protection of your homeland. I hope you will always regard our new Office for Community Partnerships as your partner.

Tonight, in this last and biggest opportunity I will have as your Secretary of Homeland Security to address an audience this large, all at once, I want to take our conversation to a new level.

A leader of this organization reminded me that we spend a lot of time telling young Muslims in this country what you should not become. A more effective message is to tell you what, in this great country, you can become. We must not simply curse the darkness, but offer a candle.

Tonight I will not look at this large group of Muslims before me in this room through a homeland security lens.

Tonight I will not talk about counterterrorism. Tonight I will simply address you as who you are, “my fellow Americans.”

Tonight I speak especially to the young people in this audience, and to the parents worried about your future.

Many of the young people in this room worry that, because of the current climate, your religion, your skin color, and your attire, because of that you will never win full acceptance in this country.

I come before you tonight to assure you this is not true. Your struggle for full acceptance in this country is one you will win.

How do I know this? Because my African American ancestors and I have traveled a similar road.

I hear your stories of discrimination, vilification, and of the efforts to tar you with the broad brush of suspicion.

I hear about the bullying and physical attacks that Muslims are experiencing nationwide. They are familiar to me. I recognize them. I look out on this room of American Muslims and I see myself. I see a similar struggle that my African American ancestors have fought to win acceptance in this country.

Realize it or not, your story is the quintessential American story.

Your story is an American story, told over and over again, generation after generation, of waves of people who struggle for, seek, and will eventually win your share of the American dream. Know the history of this country and you will know that — whether it’s Catholic Americans, Jewish Americans, Mormon Americans, Irish Americans, Italian Americans, Japanese Americas, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, or Muslim Americans — this will be true.

The arc of the American story is long, it is bumpy and uncertain, but it always bends toward a more perfect union.

Some of you are frustrated that you have been publicly denouncing violent extremism for years, sometimes at your own peril, and have not been recognized for it.

Some of you are discouraged that you must continually point to the patriotism of American Muslims, by pointing to your military service, to those American Muslims who have died in combat for your country.

I have another story for you. It’s about a man black named Charles S. Johnson, who lived in the segregated South years ago.

Dr. Johnson was born in Virginia in 1893, the son of an emancipated slave. Dr. Johnson fought in combat in World War One, became a prominent sociologist and president of Fisk University in Nashville, Tennessee, and a public champion for civil rights for the African American.

Despite his academic degrees, his honorary degrees, his reputation, and his many achievements, in 1949 Dr. Johnson was called to testify in Congress before the House Un-American Activities Committee. Historians in this room know about the House Un-American Activities Committee.

Part of its mission was to ferret out Communists in this country in the late 1940s and 1950s, during the Red Square, McCarthyism, and a great fear that Communists where hiding among us. Some of that suspicion was focused on African Americans who dared publicly challenge the government to deliver equal protection of the laws for all people.

Dr. Johnson appeared before this Committee and had to deny he was a member of the Communist Party, and to defend the patriotism of all African Americans. Of this he testified: “[It’s] like asking if Tennesseans, or Presbyterians, or foreign-born citizens, or American women, or persons with freckles, are loyal.” As the prime example of the African American’s patriotism, he noted that “in time of war they have pleaded for combat service, for the supreme hazards of military service. . . They have offered and risked their lives freely for their country even while bitterly resenting, at times, the conditions under which they were permitted to die in honor.”

Charles Johnson died 60 years ago, in 1956, just as the civil rights movement he championed was about to take flight. At the time, Jim Crow still existed in the South. Charles Johnson knew nothing else in the South. But, one month before he died, Dr. Johnson wrote this about the segregated South, in which, at the time, we were not allowed to vote, or live with, travel with, eat with or marry anyone of the white race:

“It is expected that Negro Southerners, as a result of [our] limited status in the racial system, would be bitter or hostile. . . Bitterness grows out of hopelessness, and there is no . . . hopelessness in the situation. . . . Faith in the ultimate strength of the democratic philosophy and code of the nation . . . has always been stronger than the impulse to despair.”

I believe that too. I believe that because Charles S. Johnson was my grandfather. He died a second class citizen, in fact and in law. But he had faith in this country.

Perhaps he imagined the unimaginable in 1956: that his own grandson would one day become the person in charge of the homeland security for this entire Nation, or, even more incredible, that I would serve in the cabinet of a black president. This is something, as recently as 10 years ago, I thought would never happen in my lifetime.

The House Un-American Activities Committee was abolished many years ago. I’m told it used to hold its hearings in Room 311 of the Cannon House Office Building on Capitol Hill in Washington. This is the same room in which the House Homeland Security Committee holds its hearings today. Therefore, sixty-seven years ago, my grandfather likely testified in that hearing room to defend his patriotism; now his grandson testifies in that same room to explain what the U.S. government is doing to defend our Nation.

This is the promise and the wonder of this country.

Follow the example of many people in this room, the leaders of this organization, and become full participants in our great democratic society.

Continue to prod us toward a more perfect union. Aspire, excel, contribute, engage, and vote. Channel your energy in a way such that Muslim Americans too become recognized as a full part of the fabric of this diverse society, like others who have done before you.

This is your moment of opportunity.

For role models and inspiration, you can look to Muslims who are already shining examples of great Americans.

Muhammed Ali was not just a hero, he is a great American.

Dalilah Muhammad, who last month brought home from the Olympics the Gold Medal for the 400-meter hurdles, is a great American.
    Captain Humayun Khan, who gave his life for our country in Iraq, is an American hero.

His Gold Star mother and his Gold Star father, who carries a copy of the U.S. Constitution in his pocket, are American heroes.

Like those who came before you, do not lose hope. Do not despair. Have faith in the code of this Nation. We will continue on the path toward a more perfect union.

If you know American history, take comfort in learning from it.

Yes, it is frustrating to listen to those who foment fear, suspicion and intolerance, who don’t know the mistakes of history, and are in the midst of repeating them. Have faith that the character of the American people as a whole is such that, in the end, we will choose not to drink this brand of soiled milk.

Ladies and gentlemen, fellow Americans: public officials in this country are often reluctant to ask the public we serve for your help. On behalf of myself and the President, I ask for your help. Hear this message and share it with others in your communities.

Light a candle. Show others the promise and the wonder of this country.

Thank you for listening.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

9/11 Moment of Silence Moved Up Because Obama Got Bored

September 12, 2016
    Daniel Greenfield

Give the man credit.

At least this time around he didn't hurl the wreath, offer a latte salute or hold his hands over his crotch during the Anthem or any of the other wonderfully patriotic behaviors he has become so known for. Sure he was bored with a Moment of Silence for a bunch of Americans. It's not like they matter. Now if they had been Muslims, it might have been another matter. Or left-wing heroes. But they were bourgeois scum. People he is forced to care about in public, while despising and persecuting the rest of the time.

So time to get that moment over with so he can talk on.

A source close to the situation told TheDC that Obama arrived early to the memorial service — which took place at the Pentagon — and wanted to get things started early.

A Department of Defense official confirmed that the moment of silence was moved up a few minutes and that Obama was the one who made the decision, saying the president “moved early.”

After the moment of silence, President Obama gave a speech about the need to honor the 3,000 victims of September 11.
    And what better way to honor them than by freeing more Al Qaeda terrorists from Gitmo, as Obama is doing.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/26...iel-greenfield

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Obama Tells Gold Star Mother: Controversy Over Saying 'Islamic Terror' is Manufactured

Katie Pavlich

Posted: Sep 29, 2016 1:00 PM

During a town hall with CNN Wednesday night, President Obama was asked by Gold Star mother Tina Houchen, whose son was killed in Iraq, why he refuses to use the term "Islamic terrorism."
    After thanking her son for his ultimate sacrifice and expressing his condolences for her loss, Obama proceed to lecture her about his refusal to use the term, saying that the issue has been "manufactured."

"The truth of the matter is that this is an issue that has been sort of manufactured because there is no doubt and I’ve said repeatedly, that where we see terrorist organizations like Al Qaeda or ISIL they have perverted and distorted and tried to claim the mantle of Islam for an excuse, for basically barbarism and death," Obama said. "These are people who kill children, kill Muslims, take sex slaves — there’s no religious rationale that would justify in any way any of the things that they do. But what I have been careful about, when I describe these issues, is to make sure that we do not lump these murderers into the billion Muslims that exist around the world, including in this country."

It should be noted that the leader of ISIS, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, has a Ph. D. in Islamic studies from the University of Baghdad.
    Last week White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest referred to the war against ISIS as really "a war of narratives."

Last week White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest referred to the war against ISIS as really "a war of narratives."

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Provocation for Russia?
    OBAMA: I Hereby Waive Arms Export Control Act, Full Equipment & Services to Syrian Rebels (ISIS)

I hereby:

determine that the transaction, encompassing the provision of defense articles and services to foreign forces, irregular forces, groups,or individuals engaged in supporting or facilitating ongoing U.S. military operations to counter terrorism in Syria, is essential to the national security interests of the United States;

The White House
    Office of the Press Secretary
    For Immediate Release
    December 08, 2016

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...2249a-title-10

Presidential Determination and Waiver -- Pursuant to Section 2249a of Title 10,
    United States Code, and Sections 40 and 40A of the Arms Export Control Act
    to Support U.S. Special Operations to Combat Terrorism in Syria

December 8, 2016
    Presidential Determination
    No. 2017-05

MEMORANDUM FOR THE SECRETARY OF STATE
    THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

SUBJECT: Presidential Determination and Waiver Pursuant to Section 2249a of Title 10, United States Code, and Sections 40 and 40A of the Arms Export Control Act to Support U.S. Special Operations to Combat Terrorism in Syria

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, including section 2249a of title 10, United States Code, sections 40 and 40A of the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) (22 U.S.C. 2780 and 2781), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, I hereby:

determine that the transaction, encompassing the provision of defense articles and services to foreign forces, irregular forces, groups, or individuals engaged in supporting or facilitating ongoing U.S. military operations to counter terrorism in Syria, is essential to the national security interests of
    the United States;

waive the prohibitions in sections 40 and 40A of the AECA related to
    such a transaction;

delegate to the Secretary of State the responsibility under section 40(g)(2) of the AECA to consult with and submit reports to the Congress for proposed exports, 15 days prior to authorizing them to proceed, that are necessary for and within the scope of this waiver determination and the transaction
    referred to herein;

waive the prohibitions in section 2249a of title 10, United States Code, to the extent necessary to allow the Department of Defense to carry out such support; and

delegate to the Secretary of Defense the responsibility under section 2249a(b)(2) of title 10, United States Code, to notify the appropriate congressional committees at least 15 days before this waiver takes effect.
    The Secretary of Defense is authorized and directed to publish
    this determination in the Federal Register.

BARACK OBAMA

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Obama dumps registry for some immigrant men, mostly Muslims

DECEMBER 22, 2016 10:10 AM

BY ALICIA A. CALDWELL
    Associated Press

The Obama administration is officially ending a post-9/11 era registration system for immigrant men from mostly Muslim countries.

The decision to scrap the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System comes amid growing international terror fears and President-elect Donald Trump's suggestions that he could ban Muslim immigrants from the United States.

Trump said Wednesday, "You know my plans."

The NSEERS program was widely derided by civil libertarians as an effort to profile people based on race and religion.

The administration hasn't been using the program since 2011.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...#storylink=cpy

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

BOMBSHELL: Leaked Audio of John Kerry Reveals President Obama Intentionally Allowed Rise of ISIS

By Pamela Geller - on

♦ First, only regime change, the removal of Bashir Assad, in Syria was the goal for President Obama. This is admitted and outlined by Secretary John Kerry.

♦ Secondly, in order to accomplish this primary goal, the White House was willing to watch the rise of ISIS by placing their bet that ISIS’s success would force Syrian President Bashir Assad to acquiesce toward Obama’s terms and step down.

♦ Thirdly, in order to facilitate the two objectives, Obama and Kerry intentionally gave arms to ISIS and even, arguably, attacked a Syrian government military convoy to stop a strategic attack upon the Islamic extremists killing 80 Syrian soldiers.

Pause for a moment and consider those three points carefully before continuing. Because this audio (below), along with accompanying research now surfacing, not only exposes these three points as truth – but also provides the specific evidence toward them.

The problem in the Obama/Kerry’s secret strategy became clear when ISIS grew in sufficient strength to give the White House optimism for the scheme – however, instead of capitulation Assad then turned to Russia for help.

When Russia came to aid Bashir Assad the Syrian Government began being able to defeat ISIS and the Islamic Extremist elements within Syria. For the hidden plan of Obama/Kerry (and also McCain, Graham, et al), Russia defeating ISIS, al-Qaeda and al-Nusra, upended their objective.

The revelations within this leaked audio are simply astounding. The 40-minute discussion took place on the sidelines of a United Nations General Assembly in New York. The meeting took place at the Dutch Mission to the United Nations on Sept. 22nd 2016:

[…] Kerry’s off-record conversation was apparently with two dozen ‘Syrian civilians’, all from US backed opposition-linked NGO’s in education and medical groups supposedly working in ‘rebel-held’ (aka terrorist-held) areas in Syria.

This opposition conclave also included ‘rescue workers’ which can only be ambassadors from the White Helmets, a pseudo NGO which serves as Washington and London’s primary PR front in pursuit of a “No Fly Zone’ in Syria, and it’s being bankrolled by the US, UK, EU and other coalition states to the tune of well over $100 million (so far). (link)

Leaked audio of John Kerry's meeting with Syrian revolutionaries/UN (improved audio)
    Key Kerry moments at 02:00, and again at approximately 18:30 forward.

The discussion from 18:30 through to 29:00 are exceptionally revealing and should be listened to by anyone who has wondered what was going on in Syria.

Kerry even makes mention of the “Responsibility to Protect, or R2P” principle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4phB-_pXDM

Against the backdrop of this recording we can reconcile so many historic issues. We already know of a Second Presidential Finding Memo authorizing additional CIA covert action in 2012, this time in Syria. However, unlike the 2011 Libyan operation we do not know the operational name of the second action in 2012 Syria.

2012: WASHINGTON, Aug 1 (Reuters) – President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing U.S. support for rebels seeking to depose Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his government, U.S. sources familiar with the matter said.

Obama’s order, approved earlier this year and known as an intelligence “finding,” broadly permits the CIA and other U.S. agencies to provide support that could help the rebels oust Assad. (link)

Further consider how this Kerry audio tape, and the now transparent Obama policy toward Syria, absolutely confirms our previous research as it is contained with the Benghazi Brief surrounding Syria:

(JULY 2012) As they stood outside the commandeered government building in the town of Mohassen, it was hard to distinguish Abu Khuder’s men from any other brigade in the Syrian civil war, in their combat fatigues, T-shirts and beards.

But these were not average members of the Free Syrian Army. Abu Khuder and his men fight for al-Qaida. They call themselves the ghuraba’a, or “strangers”, after a famous jihadi poem celebrating Osama bin Laden’s time with his followers in the Afghan mountains, and they are one of a number of jihadi organisations establishing a foothold in the east of the country now that the conflict in Syria has stretched well into its second bloody year.

They try to hide their presence. “Some people are worried about carrying the [black] flags,” said Abu Khuder. “They fear America will come and fight us. So we fight in secret. Why give Bashar and the west a pretext?” But their existence is common knowledge in Mohassen. Even passers-by joke with the men about car bombs and IEDs.

According to Abu Khuder, his men are working closely with the military council that commands the Free Syrian Army brigades in the region. “We meet almost every day,” he said. “We have clear instructions from our [al-Qaida] leadership that if the FSA need our help we should give it. We help them with IEDs and car bombs. Our main talent is in the bombing operations.” Abu Khuder’s men had a lot of experience in bomb-making from Iraq and elsewhere, he added.

[…] Abu Khuder split with the FSA and pledged allegiance to al-Qaida’s organisation in Syria, the Jabhat al Nusra or Solidarity Front. He let his beard grow and adopted the religious rhetoric of a jihadi, becoming a commander of one their battalions.

“The Free Syrian Army has no rules and no military or religious order. Everything happens chaotically,” he said. “Al-Qaida has a law that no one, not even the emir, can break.

The FSA lacks the ability to plan and lacks military experience. That is what [al-Qaida] can bring. They have an organisation that all countries have acknowledged.

In the beginning there were very few. Now, mashallah, there are immigrants joining us and bringing their experience,” he told the gathered people. “Men from Yemen, Saudi, Iraq and Jordan. Yemenis are the best in their religion and discipline and the Iraqis are the worst in everything – even in religion.”

At this, one man in the room – an activist in his mid-30s who did not want to be named – said: “So what are you trying to do, Abu Khuder? Are you going to start cutting off hands and make us like Saudi? Is this why we are fighting a revolution?”

“[Al-Qaida’s] goal is establishing an Islamic state and not a Syrian state,” he replied. “Those who fear the organisation fear the implementation of Allah’s jurisdiction. If you don’t commit sins there is nothing to fear.” (link – more)

al-Qaeda’s goal was to establish the Islamic State, that’s the origin of ISIS. Against the backdrop of ISIS formation in Syria, and understanding the Obama objectives were regime change first and foremost, we can now reconcile all of Obama’s foreign policy surrounding Syria.

President Obama, Secretary Clinton and later Secretary Kerry, together with John McCain, and the CIA tentacled team within the Republican party, were willing to support ISIS (under all factional names) in order to overthrow Bashir Assad…

THIS WAS THE POLICY. Nothing else mattered.

Now, does THIS also begin to make more sense:

Representative Adam Kinzinger, Senator John McCain, candidate Evan McMullin

What you are about to read is specifically how the Muslim Brotherhood, and ISIS, connect to the Republicans outlined above – and how their individual behaviors within the 2016 election begin to make sense. Perhaps, like us, you will have an ah-ha moment.

The “Never Trump” coalition has always consisted of a few noisy and indecent politicians within Washington DC. Senator Ben Sasse, Senator Jeff Flake and Representative Adam Kinzinger the most noteworthy and vitriolic.

Whenever CNN, or for that matter any media, want a republican voice to argue against Donald Trump, in the “current days’ outrage du jour”, they call upon Kinzinger first and foremost. He seemingly loves the spotlight as much as he enjoys promoting himself on social media. In essence, he’s a proud #NeverTrumper.

We’ll come back to Kinzinger and McMullin in a moment. But first we must place the second set of puzzle pieces on the table.

When we did all the exhaustive research into the Benghazi Brief three years ago, one of the pictures that continued to draw our interest was this one:

The picture above was taken during a time when Senator John McCain visited Syria, and the Western media were proclaiming there were “moderates” in the opposition to Bashir Assad. Senator McCain proclaimed this 2012 visit to be meeting with the “Free Syrian Army”. [Coincidentally, this was on the same trip where he met Ambassador Chris Stevens at the Benghazi courthouse in Libya for the last time].

However, at the same time McCain was trying to convince the world of moderate Syrian resistance, multiple voices within non-traditional journalism, and a large number of people doing independent research, reached the conclusion that al-qaeda and al-Nusra extremists had completely infiltrated the Syrian resistance groups, and a new militant Islamic network was forming.

“2012 NO ISLAM WITHOUT JIHAD” – members of the Free Syrian Army. Abu Khuder and his men fight for al-Qaida. They call themselves the ghuraba’a, or “strangers”, after a famous jihadi poem celebrating Osama bin Laden’s time with his followers in the Afghan mountains, and they are one of a number of jihadi organisations establishing a foothold in the east of the country now that the conflict in Syria has stretched well into its second bloody year.

They try to hide their presence. “Some people are worried about carrying the [black] flags,” said Abu Khuder. “They fear America will come and fight us. So we fight in secret. Why give Bashar and the west a pretext?” But their existence is common knowledge in Mohassen. Even passers-by joke with the men about car bombs and IEDs.

That network ultimately evidenced and defined itself as the Islamic State, or ISIS.

In 2013 and 2014, even though ISIS initially did not have a name, as the hardline extremists in Syria became more openly visible, eventually the western media accepted Raqqa and Aleppo had become the de-facto center of Syrian ISIS operations. In August of 2014 President Obama finally admitted the problem and stated his administration was caught off guard and did not have a strategy to combat them.

Back To The Photograph – The importance of the McCain photograph became increasingly interesting because ISIS as an extremist force became increasingly visible. As a direct consequence we were able to identify the ideology of the people in the picture:

There has been some skepticism as to #2 being al-Baghdadi himself, and Senator John McCain has strongly refuted this claim. However, there is more evidence to prove it is Baghdadi than to refute it’s not Baghdadi. Person #2 looks just like him:

In addition, one of the important bits of evidence to prove #2 is indeed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, is actually found in #1 Abu Mosa (ISIS Press Officer).
    There is absolutely no doubt that #1 is the (now dead) Islamic State Press Officer Abu Mosa.

Abu Mosa was killed in August 2014. In 2012, during organization, Baghdadi would have a man with this level of importance to the Islamic State around him at the time this picture was taken.

However, lets look at #5 – “Mouaz Moustafa”, because he is the current person that should be of interest to everyone in the 2016 presidential discussion. Moustafa is the connective tissue per se’. In the photograph, he’s also Senator McCain’s intermediary:

Fast forward two intense years later and look where #5, Mouaz Moustafa shows up in 2014.

And more specifically the two faces that show up with him:

Well lookie there. During a trip to Turkey in 2014 to discuss arming Syrian rebel groups, under the auspices of fighting ISIS, you see Representative Adam Kinzinger appear. Oh yeah, and who’s that other fellow circled in the meeting? ….why that’s our anti-Trump candidate Evan McMullin.

Huh, fancy that.
    Spotting Evan McMullin conspicuously standing there in the picture made us want to go back to the CNN file footage from the time and see if he was actually visible in the report they filed from Turkey. Yup, he’s there alright.

Watch and spot him in the background during quite a bit of the footage:

Long before anyone heard about Evan McMullin running for President, there he is paling around with #NeverTrump Adam Kinzinger in Turkey chatting with the Muslim Brotherhood affiliates (guise SETF) who are essentially the political arm of ISIS under a differing name.

The declared purpose of the meeting was to discuss who and how to arm the entities within Syria. However, just like in 2012/2013 these same Brotherhood voices in 2014 are simply trying to present themselves as one thing, only to gain the goal of another. That’s ultimately the story behind the arms deals within The Benghazi Brief. That’s the lesson that should have been learned if the truth contained within the brief were ever to have larger public interest.

Additionally, all that said – it’s connections like these that make other things, like the opposition to Donald Trump, make much more sense.
    Read the rest here.

Read more at link: http://pamelageller.com/2017/01/bomb...ise-isis.html/

1. Obama's saying that ISIS was just the "JV Team" and that we "had them on the run" was just an effort to distract the American public from the truth.

2. Hillary's gun-running to the jihadi's in Benghazi comes into focus and Ambassador Steven's ( and the others ) had to die to facilitate the cover-up that was falling apart.

3. The complete scrubbing of any and all references to "Islam" and "jihad" in the training for domestic law enforcement, effectively crippling their ability to respond to the numerous ( 100 or so ) jihad attacks within our borders and the on-going war against free speech to make criticism of Islam a crime begins to make sense.

4. Obama's complete neutering of the armed forces by introducing women into combat roles, forcing the LGBT agenda into training, and the sacking of high ranking officers who stand against the Islamic enemy, also, now make complete sense.

The simple fact is that for the last eight years we have had a president who is an enemy of the constitutional republic and is a complete traitor.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Obama to free a total of 22 Guantanamo detainees within days, he plans mass transfers of fanatics who have threatened to bomb and behead Americans

EXCLUSIVE: At least 18 MORE Guantanamo detainees to freed by Obama, fanatics who have threatened to bomb and behead Americans

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Americans.html
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Full List of Gitmo Detainees Scheduled to be Released by Obama Prior to January 20, 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Americans.html

Obama Returns Four Gitmo Jihadists Back to Saudi Arabia
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/05/ob...-saudi-arabia/

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Bump

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Default Re: Obama Continues To Stand Boldly With The Muslims

Obama Weighs In On President Trump For The First Time

The Huffington Post
    Sam Stein1 hr ago

Former President Barack Obama released a statement on Monday expressing solidarity with those protesting his successor’s ban on travelers and refugees entering the United States from certain Muslim-majority countries.

The statement, issued under the name of Obama’s spokesman Kevin Lewis, was the first time that Obama has weighed in on Donald Trump’s presidency.

And though it did not mention Trump by name or directly criticize the executive order that he signed on Friday, the implication was one of disapproval.

“President Obama is heartened by the level of engagement taking place in communities around the country,” Lewis said. “In his final official speech as President, he spoke about the important role of citizen and how all Americans have a responsibility to be the guardians of our democracy―not just during an election but every day.

“Citizens exercising their Constitutional right to assemble, organize and have their voices heard by their elected officials is exactly what we expect to see when American values are at stake.”

Obama studiously kept his criticism of Trump muted during the transition and pledged to give Trump space after he assumed office. But nine days into the presidency, a host of executive orders have brought protestors to the streets and the nation’s airports. And they’ve compelled Obama to speak out as well.

Part of what may have compelled the former president was Trump’s insistence that the executive order mirrored what the Obama administration did when it stopped refugees from coming into Iraq for six months.

“With regard to comparisons to President Obama’s foreign policy decisions, as we’ve heard before, the President fundamentally disagrees with the notion of discriminating against individuals because of their faith or religion,” said Lewis.

The fact-checkers have sided with Obama on this dispute, noting that Obama was vocally critical of any ban on refugees that prioritized one religion over another, as Trump’s does.

“That’s shameful,” Obama said. “That’s not American. That’s not who we are.

We don’t have religious tests to our compassion.”

Asked about Obama’s statement Monday, White House press secretary Sean Spicer again defended the executive order.

“It is a shame that people were inconvenienced obviously,” he said. “But at the end of the day we are talking about a couple of hours.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-weighs-in-on-president-trump-for-the-first-time/ar-AAmqflU?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Default Re: Democrats Continue To Stand Boldly With The Muslims

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    Nancy Pelosi Caught On Hot Mic: ‘Tell Them You’re A Muslim’

PETER HASSON
    Reporter, Associate Editor

3:31 PM 01/31/2017

A hot microphone picked up House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi instructing a Democratic congressman to tell a crowd of anti-Trump protesters that he is a Muslim.

Pelosi’s slip-up took place in front of a group of protesters demonstrating outside the Supreme Court against Donald Trump’s executive orders on immigration.

Pelosi ceded the microphone to Indiana Rep. Andre Carson, whom she introduced as a “Muslim member of Congress.”

Do You Think Nancy Pelosi Should Apologize?

“Greetings from the great state of Indiana. I’m Congressman Andre Carson!” Carson said, prompting Pelosi to badger him. “Tell them you’re a Muslim,” Pelosi mumbled. “Tell them you’re a Muslim.”Carson complied. “Not only do I represent Indiana’s seventh congressional district very proudly,” he said, “but I happen to be a Muslim and a former police officer.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/31/na...#ixzz4XNthYDXc

DNC Leadership Boots Candidate From Chairmans Race For Criticizing Ellisons Islamic Faith

Source: The Hill

The Democratic National Committee is kicking a candidate out of the chairman’s race after he told The Hill that Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) should not be the party’s next leader because he is Muslim.

In a Jan. 5 email to The Hill, Vincent Tolliver, a former House candidate in Arkansas, said that Ellison, the first-ever Muslim elected to Congress, should not be chairman because of Islamic positions on homosexuality.

“His being a Muslim is precisely why DNC voters should not vote for him,” Tolliver wrote. “Muslims discriminate against gays. Islamic law is clear on the subject, and being gay is a direct violation of it. In some Muslim countries, being gay is a crime punishable by death.”

“Clearly, Mr. Ellison is not the person to lead the DNC or any other organization committed to not discriminating based on gender identity or sexual orientation,” Tolliver continued. “I'm shocked HRC has been silent on the issue. A vote for Representative Ellison by any member of the DNC would be divisive and unconscionable, not to mention counterproductive to the immediate and necessary steps of rebuilding the Democratic Party.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...lisons-islamic

A Muslim Brotherhood Security Breach in Congress

There’s a national security risk swamp to drain.

February 8, 2017
    Daniel Greenfield

Last year, eight members of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence issued a demand that their staffers be granted access to top secret classified information.

The signatories to the letter were Andre Carson, Luis Guiterez, Jim Himes, Terri Sewell, Jackie Speier, Mike Quigley, Eric Swalwell and Patrick Murphy. All the signatories were Democrats. Some had a history of attempting to undermine national security.

Two of them have been linked to an emerging security breach.

The office of Andre Carson, the second Muslim in Congress, had employed Imran Awan. As did the offices of Jackie Speier and Debbie Wasserman Schultz; to whom the letter had been addressed.
    Imran Awan and his two brothers, Jamal and Abid, are at the center of an investigation that deals with, among other things, allegations of illegal access. They have been barred from the House of Representatives network.

A member of Congress expressed concern that, “they may have stolen data from us.”

All three of the Pakistani brothers had been employed by Democrats. The offices that employed them included HPSCI minority members Speier, Carson and Joaqu*n Castro. Congressman Castro, who also sits on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, utilized the services of Jamal Moiz Awan. Speier and Carson’s offices utilized Imran Awan.

Abid A. Awan was employed by Lois Frankel and Ted Lieu: members of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. Also on the committee is Castro. As is Robin Kelly whose office employed Jamal Awan. Lieu also sits on the subcommittees on National Security and Information Technology of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

Tammy Duckworth’s office had also employed Abid. Before Duckworth successfully played on the sympathy of voters to become Senator Tammy Duckworth, she had been on the Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces of the Armed Services Committee.

Gwen Graham, who had also been on the Armed Services Committee and on the Tactical Air and Land Forces subcommittee, had employed Jamal Awan. Jamal was also employed by Cedric Richmond’s office. Richmond sits on the Committee on Homeland Security and on its Terrorism and Cybersecurity subcommittee. He is a ranking member of the latter subcommittee. Also employing Jamal was Mark Takano of the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology.

Imran had worked for the office of John Sarbanes who sits on the House Energy and Commerce Committee that oversees, among other things, the nuclear industry. Other members of the Committee employing the brothers included Yvette Clarke, who also sits on the Bipartisan Encryption Working Group, Diana DeGette, Dave Loebsack and Tony Cardenas.

But finally there’s Andre Carson.

Carson is the second Muslim in Congress and the first Muslim on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and, more critically, is the ranking member on its Emerging Threats Subcommittee. He is also a member of the Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture Subcommittee.

The Emerging Threats Subcommittee, of which Carson is a ranking member, is responsible for much of counterterrorism oversight. It is the worst possible place for a man with Carson’s credentials.

Carson had inherited his grandmother’s seat and exploited it to promote a radical Islamist agenda. He has interfaced with a laundry list of Islamist groups from CAIR to ISNA to ICNA to MPAC. Islamists have funded Carson’s career to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars. The Center for Security Policy has put together a dossier of Carson’s connections to the Muslim Brotherhood. The Brotherhood is the parent organization of many key Islamic terror groups posing a threat to our national security including Al Qaeda and Hamas.

Andre Carson shared the stage at a CAIR banquet with Sirraj Wahaj: an unindicted co-conspirator in the World Trade Center bombing who had once declared,” You don’t get involved in politics because it’s the American thing to do. You get involved in politics because politics are a weapon to use in the cause of Islam.” CAIR itself had been named an unindicted co-conspirator in terror finance.

Carson had praised Tariq Ramadan who had been barred from this country for funding Islamic terrorists. And the Muslim politician was a co-sponsor of the Free Syria Act which attempted to aid Islamist Jihadists in Syria linked to the Muslim Brotherhood such as the Free Syrian Army.

The presence of Andre Carson on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Emerging Threats Subcommittee has always been extremely controversial. But this latest breach involving Democrats on this committee and on other key national security committees raises serious questions about the scale and magnitude of the real problem caused by a compromised congress.

While Carson and other HPSCI Democrats had been demanding security clearance for their staffers, three Pakistani Muslims working for them appear to have compromised security to an unknown degree.

Why were the Awan brothers, one of whom had a criminal record, even allowed to work in such a sensitive position? How did the personnel suspected in this case pass background checks? And was any classified information compromised as a result of these alleged breaches?

These questions and more must be asked and answered. But they are only the first of many questions.

When the Democrats are so contemptuous of our national security that they put forward Andre Carson, a politician who has appeared at Islamist events and praised radicals and extremists, to such a sensitive position, it is not surprising that they are equally willing to hire walking security risks.

The most obvious lesson here is that security must be tightened. If Democrats refuse to take their responsibilities seriously, then President Trump must do it for them. Until the Awan case is resolved, those Democrats who employed them must have their access to classified material restricted.

Under no circumstances may the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence members who employed the Awan brothers be permitted to allow their staffers to gain access to classified material.

And Andre Carson must be forced to choose between his Islamist ties and his membership in the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Emerging Threats Subcommittee. No one should be allowed to have a foot in both the pro-terrorist and the counter-terrorist spheres of our society.

Congressional Republicans must take the lead in cleaning house. If they cannot do so, President Trump must step in. At stake are the security of our nation and the safety of our troops. The Democrats may have abandoned their responsibility to our brave men and women, from the battlefield to the VA, but those elected officials who still believe that their sacrifices matter cannot remain silent.

The swamp that allowed Andre Carson and the Awan brothers inappropriate access must be drained.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/265...iel-greenfield

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Default Re: Democrats Continue To Stand Boldly With The Muslims

Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Ted Deutch Stand with Radical Muslims Against Trump

Former CAIR operatives allowed to speak from podium bearing Congressional Seal.

February 6, 2017
    Joe Kaufman
    AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to Facebook
    1.5KShare to Twitter
    Share to More
    154Share to Print

On January 30th, United States Representatives Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Ted Deutch held a press conference along with radical Muslims, at the Fort Lauderdale Airport, to speak out against President Donald Trump’s travel ban on seven nations compromised by terrorism, claiming the ban was targeting Muslims. It was done just weeks after another press conference was held at the airport – to announce the ISIS-inspired attack perpetrated by gunman Esteban Santiago. The irony and unseemliness of the two Congressmen’s event cannot be ignored.

Demonstrators, onlookers and media surrounded a podium bearing the Seal of the United States Congress, as a press conference calling for an end to the Trump travel ban was held, on a beautiful Monday afternoon, outside at the Fort Lauderdale Airport. For Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Ted Deutch to speak at that podium is understandable; they are US Representatives. However, for Khurrum Wahid, an individual associated with radical Muslim groups, to speak at such a podium, as he did, is entirely inappropriate and offensive.

Wahid is a South Florida attorney who has built his name on representing high profile terrorists, including operatives from al-Qaeda. One of his clients, Miami imam Hafiz Khan, shipped $50 thousand to the Pakistani Taliban specifically to murder American troops overseas. According to the Miami New Times, Wahid himself was placed on a federal terrorist watch list in 2011. Wahid is the founder and co-chairman of Emerge USA, a Muslim organization that, despite its pleasant sounding name, sponsors political forums at radical mosques. These mosques include:

1. Tampa’s al-Qassam, which was founded by Palestinian Islamic Jihad leader Sami al-Arian; 2. Pembroke Pines’ Darul Uloom, which has served a number of al-Qaeda recruits and which is headed by anti-gay imam Shafayat Mohamed; and 3. the Islamic Center of Boca Raton, which was co-founded by Hamas web designer Syed Khawer Ahmad and al-Arian associate Bassem Alhalabi, whose founding imam Ibrahim Dremali was placed on the federal ‘no fly’ list, and which built its current mosque using seed money from the al-Qaeda charity Global Relief Foundation.

Emerge has also held events at the Islamic Foundation of South Florida (IFSF). IFSF’s Youth Director, Abdur Rahman al-Ghani, has a Facebook page littered with anti-American, anti-Jewish and Islamic supremacist language and images. In December 2012, he wrote, “Zionist/Israelis… are demonic and the most evil on earth.” In March 2012, he posted a graphic stating, “ISLAM WILL DOMINATE THE WORLD.” And in February 2012, he posted a bloodied CIA logo with the caption, “Wiping out the CIA.” Khurrum Wahid is the Registered Agent for IFSF’s corporation.

Representative Wasserman Schultz has not always been comfortable with the group Emerge USA. In March 2012, following a scathing article this author and his colleague wrote about Wasserman Schultz’ upcoming keynote address at Emerge’s 2012 annual fundraising banquet, the Congresswoman felt it necessary to cancel her speech and pull out of the event. In fact, another US Congressman, Alcee Hastings, canceled his participation in the banquet, as well.

Prior to creating Emerge, Wahid served as a legal advisor for the national office of the Hamas-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and a director of CAIR’s Florida chapter.

CAIR was created in June 1994 as part of a terrorist umbrella organization led by then-global head of Hamas, Mousa Abu Marzook. In 2007 and 2008, CAIR was named a co-conspirator by the US Justice Department for two federal trials dealing with the financing of millions of dollars to Hamas. In November 2014, along with ISIS and al-Qaeda, the UAE government named CAIR to its list of terrorist organizations. A number of CAIR officials have been placed in prison and/or have been deported from the US for terror-related activity.

CAIR’s Florida chapter does little to distinguish itself from its DC-based parent. In July 2014, CAIR-Florida co-sponsored a pro-Hamas rally in Downtown Miami, where rally goers shouted, “We are Hamas” and “Let’s go Hamas.” Following the rally, the event organizer, Sofian Zakkout, wrote, “Thank God, every day we conquer the American Jews like our conquests over the Jews of Israel!” In August 2014, CAIR-Florida Executive Director Hassan Shibly, who has denied that Hezbollah is a terrorist group, wrote, “Israel and its supporters are enemies of God...”

Another Emerge/CAIR operative who participated in the Wasserman Schultz/Deutch/Wahid press conference was Ghazala Salam. Salam has held the positions of Emerge Florida Executive Director and CAIR-Florida Community and Government Relations Director. She has also been involved with Islamic Relief, a group that has been linked to al-Qaeda and Hamas financing and has been banned by Israel. At the press conference, Salam is depicted in different photographs shoulder-to-shoulder with Wasserman Schultz.

For Wasserman Schultz and Deutch to agitate against President Trump’s policies and falsely claim they target Muslims is suspect in itself. But to do so at an airport where five people were massacred in an ISIS-inspired attack just weeks before is an obscene travesty. And allowing Khurrum Wahid, a documented terrorist sympathizer, who himself was reported to be on a federal terrorist watch list, to speak from a podium bearing the Congressional Seal provided Wahid with authentication he had no rights to and was beyond the pale.

Wasserman Schultz and Deutch are career politicians and crass opportunists. Their love fest with radical Muslims is endangering their constituents and national security. Both politicians should be called to account for misusing their positions and enabling the sinister agendas and stealth jihad being waged by Islamists such as Khurrum Wahid and Ghazala Salam.

Beila Rabinowitz, Director of Militant Islam Monitor, contributed to this report.

'KNOWN WOLF' TERROR SCANDAL: Of the 14 Attacks Under Obama, FBI Already Knew Attackers AT LEAST 12 Times

By Patrick Poole September 28, 2016
    chat 19 comments

FBI Director James Comey was called out by Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) this week on the growing problem of what I have termed "Known Wolf" terrorism -- an act of terror committed by someone already known to law enforcement.

During a Senate Homeland Security Committee hearing on Tuesday, Comey said the FBI is reviewing the missed opportunities in both the recent NY/NJ bombing and the mass killing in Orlando in June. However, as seen in the exchange below between Comey and Senator Paul, the FBI director seemed unconcerned about the problem.

But he really should be -- because missed chances by the FBI might be America's ONLY terror problem.

Virtually EVERY Islamic terror attack under President Obama's watch was committed by a "Known Wolf" suspect.

Four such incidents already this year. A dozen incidents during the Obama administration.

And virtually NO OTHER ATTACKS at all.

Here's Comey and Paul:

As former federal prosecutor and PJ Media columnist Andrew McCarthy noted last week, for years the Obama administration has pushed a narrative that Islamic terrorists operating in the U.S. were "lone wolves" -- striking out of nowhere and without warning. But this simply was not true. In virtually every case, these "lone wolves" were already on law enforcement's radar -- and in some cases, had even been placed on terror watchlists.

As I've noted here at PJ Media going back to October 2014, the "lone wolf" canard was spun by the Obama administration to exonerate themselves whenever a terror attack occurred.

The positive news is that they won't be able to do it anymore.

The "Known Wolf" terrorism problem is finally being addressed by Congress: Senator Jim Lankford (R-OK) is in the process of conducting a six-month investigation into the breakdown of those dozen cases.

This past Saturday, a New York Post editorial noted my identification and two-year documentation of the "Known Wolf" problem in the West:
    FBI Director James Comey notes that searching for lone wolves is like “looking for needles in a national haystack.” But Rahami was less a lone wolf than what Pat Poole at PJ Media calls a “known wolf” — i.e., someone who had been flagged by authorities but then forgotten.Poole cites at least eight other such “known wolves” -- including the Underwear Bomber, the Fort Hood shooter and perps in the Orlando nightclub massacre and Boston Marathon bombing as well as jihadis in Garland, Texas; Little Rock, Ark.; Seattle; West Orange, NJ; and Columbus, Ohio.

In fact, there have been a dozen.

Below, familiarize yourself with all of the "Known Wolf" terrorism cases on the Obama administration's watch.

And be sure you grasp the key point:
    The United States might not be suffering from terror -- AT ALL -- if our law enforcement agents had not been hamstrung by the Barack Obama/Hillary Clinton "politically correct" approach to monitoring Muslim suspects. They placed the sensitivities of Muslim Americans ahead of public safety. Not their rights -- law enforcement already operates knowing that rights must be respected to successfully win a later prosecution in court.

Not their rights. Just their sensitivities.

We KNEW about virtually EVERY terrorist. But FAILED TO ACT IN TIME on virtually every terrorist.

(See the next page for the full list, including details of each FBI failure.)

NEW YORK-NEW JERSEY: After stabbing a family member in 2014, NY-NJ bomber Ahmad Rahami's father told New Jersey police that his son was a terrorist. This prompted the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force to open an assessment, and Rahami was flagged in the FBI's Guardian system.

The arresting officer told the court: Rahami was likely "a danger to himself and to others."
    No charges were filed. At some point a neighbor contacted authorities, concerned that associates of Rahami were trying to procure explosives.

ROANOKE, VA: In August 2016, Wasil Farooqui attacked a couple outside their apartment complex, shouting "Allahu Akhbar" and repeatedly stabbing the couple. He was caught when he arrived at the hospital to have his own injuries treated.

The media has played up his claims to have been "hearing voices" leading up to the attack, treating it as a case of mental illness.

He might have been mentally ill -- but he had definitely been on the FBI's radar.
    The FBI was aware of him after he had traveled to Germany and Turkey and had attempted to enter Syria -- likely to join ISIS.

But he was never charged for the attempt.

ORLANDO: The mass killer who attacked the Pulse nightclub in June 2016, Omar Mateen, had been interviewed by the FBI on THREE separate occasions.

The open preliminary investigation in 2013 lasted 10 months, after Mateen had told others about mutual acquaintances shared with the Boston bombers and had made extremist statements.

He was investigated again in 2014 for his contacts with a suicide bomber who attended the same mosque.

At one point, Mateen was placed on TWO separate terrorism databases.
    He was later removed from them.

COLUMBUS, OH: In February 2016, Mohamed Barry attacked patrons with a machete at an Israeli-owned deli. He later charged police while shouting "Allahu Akhbar," at which time he was shot and killed.

Barry had already been investigated by the FBI for making extremist statements. Barry had been entered on a federal watch list. It appears he was still on it until the time of the attack -- his car had been flagged by authorities.

But no further investigation occurred before his rampage.

GARLAND, TX: In May 2015, Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi were killed in a shootout with law enforcement outside a convention center where they had planned to attack a free-speech Muhammad cartoon drawing contest.

Simpson had been known to the FBI for years. He had been involved in a terror cell in Phoenix.

He had even been prosecuted for his involvement.

A judge found that Simpson had lied to the FBI about his plans overseas -- but ruled that there was not sufficient evidence to prove Simpson intended to commit terrorism.
    Simpson was subsequently placed on the no-fly list.

Then the FBI opened up another investigation after Simpson made statements online in support of the Islamic State.

Remarkably, evidence in a related terrorism trial revealed that the FBI not only had a paid informant inside the cell, but that the informant was aware of the attack plans and was reportedly on the scene at the time of the attack.

COLUMBUS, OH: In May 2014, Zakia Nasrin, her husband Jaffrey Khan, and Zakia's younger brother Rasel Raihan traveled to the capital city of the Islamic State -- Raqqa, Syria -- to join the terror group. According to U.S. intelligence officials, Rasel was killed there.

Jaffrey and Rasel were already known as extremists by the FBI after an informant's tip.

Suspicions were further raised when Jaffrey and Zakia claimed to have "lost" their passports while in Kenya. Rasel admitted to friends that he had been interviewed by the FBI.
    The report also claims that they were, indeed, on a terror watch list.

At the height of ISIS recruitment of Muslim-Americans, the FBI took no measures to prevent their travel to Syria.

SEATTLE, WA and NEWARK, NJ: From April-June 2014, Ali Muhammad Brown went on a cross-country killing spree. He murdered three victims in Washington and one in New Jersey. He claimed the murders were "vengeance" for U.S. actions in the Middle East.
    As a teenager, Brown reportedly trained at one of the first-known U.S. terror training camps.

He was later arrested in 2004 -- as part of a Seattle terror cell.

Prosecutors said that, at the time of his killing spree, Brown was on the terror watch list.
    BOSTON: Prior to the bombing of the Boston Marathon by Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in April 2013 that killed three people and injured 264 others, the FBI had been tipped off.

Twice.

Russian intelligence warned that Tamerlan was “a follower of radical Islam.” Initially, the FBI denied ever meeting with Tamerlan. They later claimed that they followed up on the lead, couldn’t find anything in their databases linking him to terrorism, and quickly closed the case.

After the second Russian warning, Tamerlan’s file was flagged by federal authorities demanding “mandatory” detention if he attempted to leave or re-enter the United States.
    But Tsarnaev's name was misspelled when it was entered into the database.

An internal FBI report of the handling of the Tsarnaev’s case -- unsurprisingly -- saw the FBI exonerate itself.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab boarded Detroit-bound Northwest Flight 253 on Christmas Day 2009 with 289 other passengers wearing an underwear bomb intended to murder them all.

He was well-known to U.S. intelligence officials before he boarded.

Only one month before the attempted bombing, Abdulmutallab’s father had actually gone to the U.S. embassy in Nigeria and met with two CIA officers.

He directly told the CIA that he was concerned about his son’s extremism.
    Abdulmutallab's name was added to the Terrorist Identities Datamart Environment (TIDE) database.

However, his name was not added the FBI’s Terrorist Screening Database. Or even the no-fly list. So he boarded a plane.

When asked about the near-takedown of the flight and these missteps, then-Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano remarkably told CNN that “the system worked.”

The only "system" that worked in this incident: a culture that values bravery, already instilled in the passengers who acted.

FORT HOOD: Within days of Major Nidal Hasan’s November 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood that killed 13, news reports indicated that the FBI was aware of his email correspondence with al-Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki nearly a year before he launched his terror attack.

The FBI was quick to issue a press release absolving themselves of responsibility. They claimed the email exchange was innocuous and consistent with Major Hasan’s religious research.

To repeat: the FBI claimed that the act of emailing with a global leader of the world's most notorious terror group could actually be innocuous.

Of course, the emails intercepted by the FBI were made public in 2012 -- three years later. They revealed clear indications of Major Hasan’s terrorist intent.

Further, Hasan repeatedly gave PowerPoint briefings to his fellow Army colleagues that were known to be highly controversial.

The briefings foretold Hasan's spree: they threatened insider attacks by enlisted Muslims if they weren’t released as “conscientious objectors.”

No action was taken, and 13 servicemen and servicewomen -- though trained, they were disarmed, as the base was and is a "gun-free" zone but for perimeter security -- lost their lives.
    NEW YORK CITY: On September 10, 2009, Najibullah Zazi drove his car into Manhattan loaded with backpack bombs. He intended to bomb the New York City subway during rush hour.

Zazi had received training from al-Qaeda in Afghanistan in 2008, and orders to conduct a domestic terror attack. British intelligence subsequently intercepted an email between a senior al-Qaeda leader and Zazi inquiring about when he was going to conduct the attack. They alerted American officials.

The FBI then began conducting surveillance on Zazi, and followed him as he drove from Colorado to New York. During this time, he lost the FBI tail (requiring FBI agents to fly to St. Louis to catch up with him), and was stopped twice by police.

Zazi then had his car stopped and searched on the George Washington Bridge by New York and New Jersey Port Authority police at the request of the FBI.

The explosive devices in the trunk were not discovered. Because the trunk was never searched.

Most likely, the FBI failed to obtain a search warrant.

As Mitch Silber noted in an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal, the FBI allowed Zazi to drive into New York City with the bomb.

Spooked by the stops and the search -- and then by a tip from an imam, who told Zazi that authorities were asking about him -- Zazi disposed of the bomb materials in a toilet at a local mosque.

He flew back to Colorado, where he was arrested several days later.

Despite the FBI’s repeated bungling of the case, the bureau publicly tried to pin the blame on the NYPD.

LITTLE ROCK: Carlos Leon Bledsoe gunned down two U.S. Army soldiers in front of a Little Rock recruiting center in June 2009, killing Pvt. William Long.

The FBI had interviewed Bledsoe within the prior year.

Twice.

Agents interviewed Bledsoe in Yemen, and again after his return to the U.S. in 2008.
    After the shooting, FBI officials said that Bledsoe was motivated by “political and religious motives.”

But the FBI refused to identify the incident as a terrorist attack

FBI agent “didn’t try to stop” Garland jihad attackers — did FBI want Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer dead?

March 27, 201710:38 am By Robert Spencer 32 Comments

Although we were co-organizers of the event, neither Pamela Geller nor I appear, except in one still photo, in this 60 Minutes piece on the jihad attack at our Garland, Texas free speech event in May 2015. All they say is that “a self-described free speech advocate named Pamela Geller was holding a provocative contest.”

The contempt fairly leapt from the screen. “A self-described free speech advocate”? Does 60 Minutes mean that Pamela Geller didn’t have the requisite degree in free speech advocacy? Or that she wasn’t really a free speech advocate? What they really mean, of course, is that she is not on the Left, and so cannot be celebrated as a free speech advocate the way the Charlie Hebdo cartoonists, who were all Leftists, can be. And they give a nod to Sharia blasphemy laws by describing the contest as “provocative.” It was an art exhibit, featuring historical and modern images of Muhammad, some created by Muslims. It was only provocative to Muslims who believe in Islam’s death penalty for blasphemy (and brainwashed dhimmis). Was 60 Minutes implying endorsement of that death penalty? Why, yes. If our event was provocative, the shooters were justifiably provoked.

Meanwhile, CBS gives a lot of space to Usama Shami, the imam of the Islamic Community Center of Phoenix, from which the jihadis came, allowing him to exonerate the mosque of any responsibility for “radicalizing” the jihad attackers. 60 Minutes doesn’t mention what Simpson’s friend Courtney Lonergan told the Arizona Republic: “Simpson would never waver from the teachings he picked up in the mosque and elsewhere….He was one of those guys who would sleep at the mosque. The fact that he felt personally insulted by somebody drawing a picture had to come from the ideological rhetoric coming out of the mosque.” 60 Minutes also doesn’t challenge Shami on his lies right after the attack, when he said that the jihadis were not regular members of the mosque.

Despite all the predictable politically correct whitewashing and appeasement, CBS does a good job of highlighting a curious and still unexplained aspect of the attack: the FBI clearly knew the attack was coming (although it didn’t bother to inform us or our security team), as the FBI agent was right there, following behind the jihadis, whom he had encouraged to “tear up Texas.” But even though they knew the attack was coming, they didn’t have a team in place to stop the jihadis. They had one man there, and one man only. The jihadis were not stopped by FBI agents, but by our own security team. If the jihadis had gotten through our team, they would have killed Pamela Geller and me, and many others. (They would no doubt have loved to kill Geert Wilders, but he left before they arrived.)

The Daily Beast wrote in August 2016 about how this undercover FBI agent encouraged the jihadis. The Beast’s Katie Zavadski wrote: “Days before an ISIS sympathizer attacked a cartoon contest in Garland, Texas, he received a text from an undercover FBI agent. ‘Tear up Texas,’ the agent messaged Elton Simpson days before he opened fire at the Draw Muhammad event, according to an affidavit (pdf) filed in federal court Thursday.”

This was not entrapment. Simpson and Soofi were determined jihadis who had scouted out other targets. Simpson, along with Soofi and Abdul Malik Abdul Kareem, who supplied weapons to the pair and helped them train, sought information about pipe bombs and plotted to attack the Super Bowl, and planned to go to Syria to join the Islamic State (ISIS), long before anyone told him to “tear up Texas.”

But what was the FBI’s game in telling them to do that? Why didn’t they have a phalanx of agents in place, ready to stop the attack? Or did they want the attack to succeed, so that Barack Obama’s vow that “the future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam” would be vividly illustrated, and intimidate any other Americans who might be contemplating defending the freedom of speech into silence?

We have twice asked the FBI for an investigation into this matter. They have ignored us. Of course. After all, it isn’t as if this happened to someone important, like Linda Sarsour.

“60 Minutes investigates first ISIS-claimed attack in U.S. and what the FBI knew,” 60 Minutes, March 26, 2017:

A terrorist attack in Texas by two U.S. citizens shows how hard it is to prevent such an attack — even when one of the terrorists is well-known to the FBI

The following is a script from “Attack in Garland,” which aired on March 26, 2017. Anderson Cooper is the correspondent. Graham Messick and Steve McCarthy, producers. Jack Weingart, associate producer.

Wednesday’s terror attack in London by aman who had been known to British law enforcement is just the latest reminder of how difficult it is to prevent an attack before it takes place. Here in the U.S., in just the past three years, more than 100 people have been arrested for ISIS-related crimes. The FBI devotes significant resources to identifying potential terrorists and sometimes spends years tracking them. The terror attack in Garland, Texas, two years ago was the first claimed by ISIS on U.S. soil.

It’s mostly been forgotten because the two terrorists were killed by local cops before they managed to murder anyone. In looking into what happened in Garland, we were surprised to discover just how close the FBI was to one of the terrorists. Not only had the FBI been monitoring him for years, there was an undercover agent right behind him when the first shots were fired.

The target of the attack was an event taking place in this conference center on May 3, 2015. A self-described free speech advocate named Pamela Geller was holding a provocative contest, offering a cash-prize for the best drawing of the prophet Muhammad, whose depiction is considered sacrilege by some Muslims. Security outside was heavy. There were dozens of police, a SWAT team, and snipers.

“The Garland attack is essentially the first opening salvo when it comes to attacks on the homeland.”

More than 100 people were gathered inside and the event was ending when two terrorists drove up to a checkpoint manned by a Garland police officer and a school security guard. This grainy image shows both law-enforcement personnel standing next to an unmarked police car seconds before the attack. Bruce Joiner, the security guard, was unarmed.

Bruce Joiner: It’s like they pull up, stop, and the doors open.

Anderson Cooper: Do you remember seeing the weapon?

Bruce Joiner: Oh, yeah. Definitely saw their weapon. And that’s when I locked onto his face ‘cause he’s got this smile.

Anderson Cooper: He was literally smiling?

Bruce Joiner: Yeah, like, “I got ya. I got ya.”

The two terorrists opened fire with automatic rifles. Joiner dove for cover, but was shot in the leg. Officer Greg Stevens, returned fire with his handgun. Police nearby ran toward the scene.

Eyewitness video: And right here (expletive) just started shooting at this convention!

When this video was recorded by a passerby, both terrorists had been mortally wounded by Officer Stevens, and were laying on the ground next to their car.

Eyewitness video: They still shootin man! …

A SWAT team shot them both in the head.

Bruce Joiner: Because they kept moving and they weren’t sure there were explosives involved they had to shoot them.

Anderson Cooper: How quick did all of this happen?

Bruce Joiner: Oh, it’s a matter of seconds. I would say 20, 30 seconds. It’s very quick.

The next day as the FBI picked through the crime scene, the evidence showed Garland police had prevented a massacre. The terrorists brought six guns, hundreds of rounds of ammunition, bulletproof and tactical vests, and Xeroxed copies of the black flag of ISIS. They were identified as 31-year-old Elton Simpson and 34-year-old Nadir Soofi. Just hours before the attack they had sent this tweet pledging allegiance to ISIS. But Simpson was already well-known to the FBI.

He grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, and moved to Phoenix, Arizona, in middle school. He briefly played college basketball before dropping out and converting to Islam when he was 20.

According to leaders of the Phoenix mosque he attended, Simpson was well-liked and soft-spoken.

Usama Shami: He was always asking questions, attending lectures.

Usama Shami is president of the Islamic Community Center of Phoenix. People here thought so much of the young Muslim convert, who took the name “Ibrahim,” that he was included in the mosque’s promotional video in 2007.

Elton Ibrahim Simpson: When you come together and you pray five times a day with the brothers and you’re reminded about the hereafter…

But at the time of this interview, Simpson had already become interested in radical Islam, and the Phoenix FBI, which was investigating one of his friends, hired an informant, a Sudanese refugee named Dabla Deng, to check Simpson out.

Anderson Cooper: There are informants inside the mosque?

Usama Shami: Yeah. I mean the whole case with Elton Simpson was with an informant that he was befriending Elton and taping his conversations.

Dabla Deng spent three years pretending to be Simpson’s friend, and was paid $132,000 by the FBI. He taped more than 1,500 hours of their conversations and finally recorded him talking about traveling overseas to wage jihad. Simpson lied to the FBI about it and got three years probation.

Usama Shami: When he found out that this guy was spying on him, and taping him and then finding out that the government was doing that, I think something clicked in him. And the mosque, we couldn’t do anything. Because we don’t know what he did.

Anderson Cooper: He felt that the mosque had abandoned him?

Usama Shami: Yes. And he felt that a lot of people had abandoned him. And that’s why he stopped coming to the mosque.

He moved into this Phoenix apartment complex with Nadir Soofi, who he knew from the mosque. Soofi had just had a bitter break-up and the pizza parlor he owned was going out of business. It was here in this apartment that Simpson and Soofi began closely following the rise of ISIS, reaching out to their supporters online, and acquiring weapons for a terrorist attack.

Seamus Hughes: Simpson and Soofi knew what they were getting into and I think they likely knew they were going to die.

Seamus Hughes tracks the online activities of ISIS sympathizers in the U.S. He served at the National Counter Terrorism Center, and is currently deputy director of George Washington University’s “Program On Extremism,” where he also trains FBI agents on how to identify American jihadis.

Anderson Cooper: Why is the Garland attack so significant?

Seamus Hughes: The Garland attack is essentially the first opening salvo when it comes to attacks on the homeland.

Anderson Cooper: Attacks in the United States?

Seamus Hughes: Attacks in the United States. These low-level attacks by ones and twos of people who are drawn to the ideology and decide to act.

Using an old-fashioned law enforcement tool, Hughes maps out ISIS’ online tentacles into the United States.

Seamus Hughes: So you have the two attackers, Soofi and Simpson. They’re also talking to Mohammed Miski, who’s an ISIS recruiter in Somalia.

Anderson Cooper: This is somebody in Somalia who they’re talking to online–
    Seamus Hughes: Uh-huh. Yep. Through an encrypted app, Surespot. They’re also talking to Junaid Hussein.

Anderson Cooper: And he’s in Raqqa?

Seamus Hughes: He’s in Raqqa.

Raqqa is ISIS’ stronghold in Syria. Hughes calls Junaid Hussain an “ISIS rock star,” a British citizen, who communicated online with English-speaking recruits worldwide. He was killed in a U.S. drone strike a year-and-a-half ago. “Miski,” an American living in Somalia, tweeted this link about the “draw Muhammad contest,” in Garland, Texas, and direct-messaged Elton Simpson urging him to attack it.

Seamus Hughes: The most interesting part about this is we’re in a hybrid time, right. Before we used to be worried about these network attacks, think of 9/11 with the hijackers training for years and then coming over here. And then, we had lone actor attacks, individuals who were kind of drawn to this and decided to act. Now, we’re in this weird moment in between, where you have a number of individuals in Raqqa, reaching out to Americans in Ohio, New York, and other places and saying, “So here’s the knife you should use. Here’s the address of the local U.S. military officer and do what you can.”

Anderson Cooper: Do you think Elton Simpson would have launched this attack if it wasn’t for people in ISIS overseas who were online whispering in his ear?

Seamus Hughes: I think the folks whispering in his ear was a big part of it.

The FBI closed the case on Elton Simpson in 2014, only to re-open it several weeks before the attack because of statements he made on social media.

Seamus Hughes: It speaks to a larger problem the FBI has, which is you have an individual who pops into your radar in 2006, but doesn’t commit an attack until 2015. So do you want the FBI to watch this individual for nine years?

After the attack, Phoenix FBI agents became convinced the two men hadn’t acted alone, and began investigating Elton Simpson’s friends. They arrested this man Abdul Malik Abdul Kareem, a 43-year-old convert to Islam who grew up in Philadelphia, and accused him of funding the attack, as well as training and encouraging Simpson and Soofi.

Witnesses at Abdul-Kareem’s trial testified the three men watched ISIS execution videos together and discussed attacking a military base or the 2015 Super Bowl in Glendale, Arizona. Abdul-Kareem denied taking part in any discussions about a terror attack and says he rejected his friend’s growing radicalization.

He was found guilty on multiple counts and sentenced to 30 years in prison. But his attorney Dan Maynard continued to investigate, and uncovered new evidence the FBI was much closer to the Garland attack than anyone realized.

Anderson Cooper: After the trial, you discovered that the government knew a lot more about the Garland attack than they had let on?

Dan Maynard: That’s right. Yeah. After the trial we found out that they had had an undercover agent who had been texting with Simpson, less than three weeks before the attack, to him “Tear up Texas.” Which to me was an encouragement to Simpson.

The man he’s talking about was a special agent of the FBI, working undercover posing as an Islamic radical. The government sent attorney Dan Maynard 60 pages of declassified encrypted messages between the agent and Elton Simpson – and argued “Tear up Texas” was not an incitement. But Simpson’s response was incriminating, referring to the attack against cartoonists at the French magazine Charlie Hebdo: “bro, you don’t have to say that…” He wrote “you know what happened in Paris… so that goes without saying. No need to be direct.”

But it turns out the undercover agent did more than just communicate online with Elton Simpson. In an affidavit filed in another case the government disclosed that the FBI undercover agent had actually “traveled to Garland, Texas, and was present… at the event.”

Dan Maynard: I was shocked. I mean I was shocked that the government hadn’t turned this over. I wanted to know when did he get there, why was he there?

And this past November, Maynard was given another batch of documents by the government, revealing the biggest surprise of all. The undercover FBI agent was in a car directly behind Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi when they started shooting. This cell-phone photo of school security guard Bruce Joiner and police officer Greg Stevens was taken by the undercover agent seconds before the attack.

Anderson Cooper: The idea that he’s taking photograph of the two people who happen to be attacked moments before they’re attacked.

Dan Maynard: It’s stunning.

Anderson Cooper: I mean, talk about being in the right or the wrong place at the right or the wrong time.

Dan Maynard: The idea that he’s right there 30 seconds before the attack happens is just incredible to me.

Anderson Cooper: What would you want to ask the undercover agent?

“I can’t tell you whether the FBI knew the attack was gonna occur. I don’t like to think that they let it occur. But it is shocking to me that an undercover agent sees fellas jumping out of a car and he drives on.”

Dan Maynard: I would love to ask the undercover agent– Are these the only communications that you had with Simpson? Did you have more communications with Simpson? How is it that you ended up coming to Garland, Texas? Why are you even there?

We wanted to ask the FBI those same questions. But the bureau would not agree to an interview. All the FBI would give us was this email statement. It reads: “There was no advance knowledge of a plot to attack the cartoon drawing contest in Garland, Texas.”

If you’re wondering what happened to the FBI’s undercover agent, he fled the scene but was stopped at gunpoint by Garland police. This is video of him in handcuffs, recorded by a local news crew. We’ve blurred his face to protect his identity.

Dan Maynard: I can’t tell you whether the FBI knew the attack was gonna occur. I don’t like to think that they let it occur. But it is shocking to me that an undercover agent sees fellas jumping out of a car and he drives on. I find that shocking.

Anderson Cooper: That he didn’t try to stop–

Dan Maynard: He didn’t try to stop ‘em. Or he didn’t do something. I mean, he’s an agent, for gosh sakes.

Anderson Cooper: If this attack had gone a different way, and lots of people had been killed, would the fact that an undercover FBI agent was on the scene have become essentially a scandal?

Seamus Hughes: It woulda been a bigger story. I think you would have seen congressional investigations and things like that. Lucky for the FBI and for the participants in the event you know, here in Texas, you know, everyone’s a good shot there….

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information