/chuckles

I saw the clips this morning before the weather system moving through took out the satellite dishes here.

‘Told-Ya-So’: Sarah Palin stars in Tonight Show skit with Jimmy Fallon dressed as a ukulele-playing Putin as she reminds everyone how she predicted Russia’s Ukraine invasion in 2008

• Former Alaskan Governor appeared on The Tonight Show in a fun sketch
  • She joined host Jimmy Fallon in a mock phone call with Vladimir Putin
  • They discussed Palin's 2008 prediction that Russia would invade Ukraine
  • Pair joked about the NSA listening in on their spoof call
  • And Palin advised the Russian President to withdraw from Ukraine

By Lizzie Parry
Published: 04:11 EST, 3 April 2014 | Updated: 08:13 EST, 3 April 2014

Former Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin has indulged in another 'told you so' moment, taking part in a funny skit pointing out her prediction in 2008 that Russia would invade Ukraine.

The one-time Presidential candidate appeared on The Tonight Show with host Jimmy Fallon, apparently speaking to President Vladimir Putin on the phone.

Setting up the sketch, Fallon told viewers he had footage of a phone call between Putin and Palin.
The skit featured Fallon dressed up in a wig and grey suit, playing the Russian President discussing Palin's 2008 prediction that he would invade Ukraine.
Scroll down for video

+11

Skit: Former Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin appeared on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (left dressed up as Vladimir Putin), in a funny sketch pointing out her prediction in 2008 that Russia would invade Ukraine

+11

Introducing the sketch, host Jimmy Fallon told viewers he had footage of a phone call between Sarah Palin and the Russian President

Putin said: 'I once invaded a country called Youbetchavlad. … Anyway, since you so great at guessing my next move, who do you think I should invade next?

'I’m thinking Finland, Sweden – I hear Jamaica is nice this time of year.'
To which, Palin replied: 'My advice to you would be, you get those troops out of Ukraine right now.’

More...

And when Palin brings up shooting a bear, Putin says he prefers to take them down in 'hand-to-hand combat'.
Palin tells the president: ‘That’s why people say you’re such a strong leader
‘Well, I come from strong genes. Obama comes from mom genes,’ he replies.
Joking about hearing breathing on the line, the pair question whether the NSA are listening in.
Vladimir Putin 'calls' Sarah Palin on the Tonight Show

+11

The camera cut to Fallon dressed up in a wig and grey suit, playing Putin as he dialled the one-time presidential candidate's number

+11

Putin tells Palin: 'I once invaded a country called Youbetchavlad¿ Anyway, since you so great at guessing my next move, who do you think I should invade next? 'I¿m thinking Finland, Sweden ¿ I hear Jamaica is nice this time of year'

+11

To which, Palin advised the Russian President: 'My advice to you would be, you get those troops out of Ukraine right now'

At which point President Obama cuts into the conversation, apparently listening in, sheepishly putting the phone down.
Rounding off the sketch the pair made light of how close Alaska is to Russia, with Putin threatening to invade.
But Palin tells him: 'I wouldn’t Vlad, you might be able to take down a bear, but you are no match for a mumma grizzly.’
In among the joking about the pair perform a strange duet of Pharrell's hit Happy, with Putin on the Ukulele-type instrument and Palin accompanying him on the flute.
Palin grabbed the media spotlight last month with a 'told-ya-so' moment by pointing out on Facebook that she had predicted Putin's Ukraine invasion six years ago.
The one-time vice presidential candidate wrote a strongly worded post on Friday calling out her liberal critics for mocking her.

+11

During the four-minute sketch the pair play a duet of Pharrell's hit Happy with Putin on a ukulele-type instrument and Palin accompanying on the flute

+11

At one point Putin and Palin joke that breathing on the line could be the NSA listening into their call, and the camera cuts to Obama, looking sheepish and gently putting his phone down

+11

And joking about how close Alaska is to Russia, the Russian leader threatens an invasion, to which the former Alaskan Governor replies: 'I wouldn't Vlad, you might be able to take down a bear, but you are no match for a mumma grizzly'

+11

+11

At a rally in Reno, Nevada in October 2008 Sarah Palin (right) told the crowd that Obama's response to the Russia's invasion of Georgia was 'the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin (left) to invade Ukraine next'

'Yes, I could see this one from Alaska,' Palin wrote. 'I'm usually not one to Told-Ya-So, but I did, despite my accurate prediction being derided as “an extremely far-fetched scenario” by the “high-brow” Foreign Policy magazine.'
During the 2008 presidential campaign, Foreign Policy published an article ridiculing her prediction that if then-Senator Barack Obama is elected into office, Russia under President Vladimir Putin would be emboldened to occupy Ukraine.
Palin's statements on the campaign trail came during an armed conflict that broke out between Russia and Georgia over the contested territory of South Ossetia.

‘After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama's reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine next,’ Palin told a crowd at a rally held in Reno, Nevada, in October 2008.

+11

Palin took to her Facebook page in February to point out her 2008 prediction, saying 'I'm usually not one to Told-Ya-So, but I did'